Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync. Vid Clip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you find this vid clip inspiring demonstrating how we can create goodness.

• Yes, I understand the point and we as all ppl can do good together.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, I'm all about me, and I don't get the point, nor do I care to learn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That is a beautiful clip and demonstates beautiful massive choreography and I can connect the dots-s

• Diamond I like this-brilliant!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond, i'm an ethical hedonist, and find this boring because it doesn't empower only me, and i wan

• Total voters
"No, I'm all about me, and I don't get the point, nor do I care to learn."

"Diamond, i'm an ethical hedonist, and find this boring because it doesn't empower only me, and i want to be number #1 -so buzz off."

I think that's insulting.

I'm tempted to vote for one of those just to annoy you. But I suspect you'd just take that as further fodder in your apparent assumption that those of us who disagree with (or are frustrated by you) are self-centered, arrogant assholes.

corianderstem said:

"Diamond, i'm an ethical hedonist, and find this boring because it doesn't empower only me, and i want to be number #1 -so buzz off."

I'm tempted to vote for one of those just to annoy you. But I suspect you'd just take that as further fodder in your apparent assumption that those of us who disagree with (or are frustrated by you) are self-centered, arrogant assholes.

Did you view the clip?

corianderstem said:

i think it is ironic.

his poll responses are pretty much "agree with me or you suck" which...is not what the video is meant to demonstrate.

plus i don't see the point of spelling out long words like "choreography" and then shortening "people" to "ppl" :wink:

diamond said:

Did you view the clip?

I'm at work, so I just commented on my impression of the poll.

Frankly, your poll options turned me off enough that I probably won't watch the clip. :shrug:

diamond said:
Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync.

I saw you in the third row (tall blue and yellow flag-flipper)
you did a (mostly) good job

Diamond, i'm an ethical hedonist, and find this boring because it doesn't empower only me, and i want to be number #1 -so buzz off.

Ethical hedonism is the moderate approach to hedonism; what most people think of as hedonism is the extreme end of the philosophy.

Common beliefs of ethical hedonists include The Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you) and The Libertarian Principle (Anything that a person does that doesn't affect anyone else is their own business).

In essence, the difference between this and the stereotypical hedonism is whether you have respect for others or not.

Re: Re: Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync. Vid Clip

deep said:

I saw you in the third row (tall blue and yellow flag-flipper)
you did a (mostly) good job

Common beliefs of ethical hedonists include The Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you) and The Libertarian Principle (Anything that a person does that doesn't affect anyone else is their own business).

Now that we have clarification of the degrees of hedonism, I don't see 'The Libertarian Principal' hedonists too compatible with the principles expressed in the song 'One" when Bono sings about "carrying each other".

And why aren't more ppl voting?

dbs

Because maybe they were insulted or put off by your options?

Plus, it's only been an hour. Patience, Mr. Diamond.

corianderstem said:
Because maybe they were insulted or put off by your options?

Plus, it's only been an hour. Patience, Mr. Diamond.

Well maybe watching the vid clip may change your thinking and perhaps your vote.
:)

dbs

Re: Re: Re: Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync. Vid Clip

diamond said:

Now that we have clarification of the degrees of hedonism, I don't see 'The Libertarian Principal' hedonists too compatible with the principles expressed in the song 'One" when Bono sings about "carrying each other".

dbs

:yawn:
are we in EYKW -
the general discussion area, primarily to be used for reactions and thoughts about U2.

Last time I check Bono fuses polictics music and religion in his music which are discussed quite freely here in FYM.

dbs

Re: Re: Re: Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync. Vid Clip

diamond said:

dbs
Boo hoo, this clip struck me as a bit too communist for my liking.

And I am aware that it is South Korea.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fascinating what we can all do together if we work in sync. Vid Clip

A_Wanderer said:
Boo hoo, this clip struck me as a bit too communist for my liking.

Shhh..don't cry my little atheist friend:hug:
All is well, and yes it was So Korea where they were free to collectively participate and create:up:

dbs

Your interpretation of the poll results of your last poll makes me afraid to vote in this.

Because doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom