Families of 9/11 victims suing bin Ladens, Saudi royal family et al for $1 trillion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I am divided on this kinda.

If they sue them, how do we know they have to pay?

This would be enforced how?

Dosen't it kinda make us look greedy?

However, they deserve it even though nothing can take the place of the loss of life.

And the guilty should be punished to every extent.

I believe a comment made by Al-Qaeda done before Sept. 11th is that they thought the U.S. would do nothing but "sue them," which they laughed over.

I also question whether such a lawsuit is enforceable, as I can imagine the kind of judgments that enemy nations would exact on us if they could get away with it. I also question whether these entities even have $116 trillion to spare (when I read this article earlier today, it was just $1 trillion...an interesting change).

But more power to them!

Melon

Sue them for all the money in the world-- the victims of this tragedy will not get a dime. But someone has to be held accountable for the terrorists they supported. I don't think it looks like greed. I think it is just the families' way of trying to punish the guilty and make those guilty party face what they did to the victims of the terror they supported.

good for them.

z edge said:
I don't know, I am divided on this kinda.

If they sue them, how do we know they have to pay?

This would be enforced how?

Dosen't it kinda make us look greedy?

However, they deserve it even though nothing can take the place of the loss of life.

And the guilty should be punished to every extent.

i too am split on this topic, but i don't think that it makes us look greedy. they aren't getting a penny of it, it's just to put them under. and that's a good thing.

i say sue em after state-sponsored terrorism such as the occupation of palestine by isreal payes the victims families back for all the hell theyve put them through.

Maybe the people that got bombed at a weddingparty ( in Afghanistan ) should persue the American state for destroying their lives.

Last edited:
Maybe they should; however there is a difference with regards to intent.

Did they U.S. military forces intend to strike at a weding party that was firing shots up into the air?

Did 19 terrorists, backed by Osama bin Laden and possibly Saudia Arabia, intent to commandeer 4 American civilian passenger planes and plunge them into 2 civilian office towers, the Pentagon, anda 4th target, or was it accidental that they took those actions?

umm.
dont think the money w bring the victims back..
if it cripples them finacially..this would b the only good thing..
however it creates a slippery slope of who is a victim/who is not.

like the slavery reparation argument..both silly/ludicrous..

db9:dance: :wave: :cool:

Rono said:
Maybe the people that got bombed at a weddingparty ( in Afghanistan ) should persue the American state for destroying their lives.

Rono

It was an unfortunate incident where many people lost their lives.

Yet, it was their own fault:

*They shot at war planes patrolling the skies
*The planes from their altitude fired back in defense at what they could only assume was a hostile target

YOU DO NOT SHOOT AT WAR PLANES PLANES AND NOT EXPECT SOME TYPE OF RETURN FIRE

My brother-in-law just came back from Afghanistan, he has told me that they "don't care".

He also stated that it "happens all of the time".

"It" being that they shoot at our planes all of the time from their "WEDDINGS"

It only makes the news when we return fire though I guess, since we are always the bad-guys.

I pose this question for anyone who agrees with this statement from Rono:

IF you were flying that plane what would you do if you took in fire?

or

IF you were a police officer and someone started firing at you, what would you do?

hahahaha and Ak47's are magically anti-aircraft guns now?

"they're shooting old, innacurate and underpowered surface guns at the sky where my gigantic plane happens to be, LET'S BOMB THEIR ASS FOR AMERICA!!11!"

Spyplane said:

My brother-in-law just came back from Afghanistan, he has told me that they "don't care".

yes, the US troops don't care about carpet bombing cities full of civilians to get to one man and his mob. hey it's their fault if they are there then they must be OMG TERRIST!!!11!!, they could always come to the good ol' US of A and suffer their whole life through racism and immigration to gain FREEDOM.
blaming the victim is what rapists do too, you know?

Back
Top Bottom