Failed Faith Based Initiative Would Have Hurt Mothers and Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Ramzi Mohammed, 25, was shown boarding the train and turning his back to a mother with a child in a pushchair before allegedly trying, and failing, to detonate a bomb in his rucksack.

Prosecutors say that Mohammed left a suicide note in which he begged Allah to admit him “to the highest station in paradise” and told his son: “We shall meet again in paradise, God willing.”

He is one of six men being tried at Britain’s highest-security court, accused of hatching an extremist plot to carry out a string of suicide bombings on the capital’s public transport system. Woolwich Crown Court also heard descriptions of the moments other alleged would-be suicide bombers tried to detonate their bombs on July 21, 2005 — two weeks after 56 people were killed in bombs on the London bus and underground system. In each case, the detonators fired but the main charge did not go off, the court was told.

“Whilst the train was in the tunnel between the stations, Mohammed turned so that his rucksack was facing the mother and child by him, and fired the bomb,” prosecutor Nigel Sweeney said. “The detonator charged but the main fire did not.
link

The mother and child had it coming in the rational but completely wrong mind of the bomber.

I'm not sure I get what you're saying?

But what i thought it why does it matter if it was a woman and a child, when are we going to get over this stupid balance of men/women/children arguments. If a child dies, its awful, if a man dies its JUST AS AWFUL. Why do we put a life above another? Its still the same ending.

We live in the biggest contradtiction of a world. :huh:

dazzlingamy said:

But what i thought it why does it matter if it was a woman and a child, when are we going to get over this stupid balance of men/women/children arguments. If a child dies, its awful, if a man dies its JUST AS AWFUL. Why do we put a life above another? Its still the same ending.
Dazzling, are you saying that if Ramzi Mohammed had died, it would be just as bad as if the woman and child had died?

If so, I vehemently disagree; the woman and child were the innocents that Ramzi was trying to murder. That makes him the lesser of the three.

dazzlingamy said:

We live in the biggest contradtiction of a world. :huh:
A bus crashes and 5 people die; is it worse if it is full of octagenerians or children or is that just ageist?

This little bit demonstrates the mentality; and it's not one of revenge for the west killing the brothers it's a dead set religious malice that views every man, woman and child who doesn't subscribe to those views as a target - we live in the house of war and unless we get talibanised we will never be in the house of submission to God.; I think that it's fair to say that most people are more disturbed by child murderers than those who have killed a man - but then I guess we can all have such a strong conviction of equality.

80sU2isBest said:

Dazzling, are you saying that if Ramzi Mohammed had died, it would be just as bad as if the woman and child had died?

If so, I vehemently disagree; the woman and child were the innocents that Ramzi was trying to murder. That makes him the lesser of the three.

I wouldn't say anyone is 'lesser' then anyone else. But i wasn't using them as an example. I guess i wouldn't feel as 'sad' for the suicide bomber as for the innocents, purely because he chose death rather then accidently becoming collateral. I just don't think that him turning his bomb close to a woman and a child is any less cold and chilling then him turning himself against a man, or an elderly citizen. That was the point i was trying to make.

Choosing death is blowing your brains out or slashing your wrists; blowing up a train full of people and specifically going for a mother and child would be mass murder. I have no obligation to flaunt tolerance and equality for lives because I think that some crimes are unequal, and going after a kid is right down at the bottom.

A_Wanderer said:
Choosing death is blowing your brains out or slashing your wrists; blowing up a train full of people and specifically going for a mother and child would be mass murder. I have no obligation to flaunt tolerance and equality for lives because I think that some crimes are unequal, and going after a kid is right down at the bottom.
I agree.

I also think crimes are unequal, and an agast at the death of a child, but i don't think that its a newsworthy point to make, that the bomber turned his back on a amother and child. I really don't put a distinction between an adult or a child. Murder is murder and they should be punished equally for it.

Same as a rape of an adult and a rape of a child is the same in my eyes in the law, both will suffer physically and emotional scars. I don't think they deserve differenting distinctions. I may be more confused/disgusting by the apparent attraction the rapist has with the child, but that doesn't mean they should be placed higher on the list, then a rape of an adult.

Back
Top Bottom