Fact or Fiction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
All those e-mails supposedly from viewers they show on the cable news TV shows.....are they for real or are they contrived?

First of all, wouldn't they need some sort of release to publish someone's e-mail on TV...and secondly.....why does the writing style seem to be the same.

I often wonder about these e-mails and why do they ask you to e-mail your comments and you get this form e-mail letter back saying they may have read your e-mail or maybe they haven't---just depends on how they feel.

What do you all think of cable TV news e-mails? I don't think much of them since they seem to be so "loaded".

:|

I don't have cable so I don't have a clue.

Well...I often don't have a clue anyway, but I meant it about the emails this time.

I don't know if they edit them or not, I do enjoy Bill O'Reilly's smarmy retorts to some of his. I don't think it would be ethical if they made them up.

I'd like to e-mail Anderson Cooper and tell him I think he's sexy, but maybe that wouldn't be appropriate :wink:

I did e-mail him about the horrible audio quality of his interview w/ Bono at the convention, but I never got a reply

I emailed the National in Canada which is one of our flagship news shows and they posted my remark.

It was about the NHL lockout, remember hockey?, you know ice, puck, skates. Anyway, I simply stated "Hockey, not the NHL, is Canada's game" and it showed up, someone read it aloud but they only showed my name and where I lived.

I do think they edit remarks to correct grammar and eliminate blah blahs but keep the main idea of the writer.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't know if they edit them or not, I do enjoy Bill O'Reilly's smarmy retorts to some of his. I don't think it would be ethical if they made them up.

I'd like to e-mail Anderson Cooper and tell him I think he's sexy, but maybe that wouldn't be appropriate :wink:

I did e-mail him about the horrible audio quality of his interview w/ Bono at the convention, but I never got a reply

Ethics?? That's a laugh.

Anderson is already stuck on himself......why would he e-mail you? I've e-mailed him with news before it even broke and never heard a word back. I've stopped e-mailing my comments for I feel no one really gives a darn about them anyway. I remember Bono's interview at the convention.....it was a farce as you could not hear a thing Mr B had to say.

:|

i've had my e-mails on CNN before. i've had 2 on crossfire (when it was an hour long in the evenings and actually good) and they choose one of mine as the best of the year :up:

U2democrat said:
whoah....do we have 2 vertes now? :ohmy:

No, same one. I foolishly forgot to save my password from my premium account, and opened another account on my dad's computer. This was the only way I could get to the blue crack........now, I think I've earned my status on my premium account, Blue Crack Addict. This insanity will stop tomorrow when I get a new computer. Whew!

Back
Top Bottom