F***in GAS PRICES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In several weeks, it'll prolly hike up to $2/ gal.

:mad:

:der: I'm upset cuz I'm unemployed at the moment.

:angry: :mad: :mad:

$1.99 for supreme unleaded, right?

:flustered: Either the war happens or not... if it does, hopefully it'll be quick and swift.... get everyone's war lust over with. :mad:

$2 per gallon? Hmm, let me see. 1 gallon is 3.8 litres (3.785...), so that makes the price $ 0.53 per litre (0.5263...). Let's assume a parity between the dollar and the euro (at this moment 1 euro is worth more than 1 dollar, but until a few months ago it was the other way).
Gas prices here in the Netherlands, about 1.15 euro per litre (a bit lower in the rest of Europe). So gas prices high? Nah, less than half of what they pay in Europe...

C ya!

Marty

Hydrogen fuel anyone?

Then the Middle East and the rest of OPEC can fuck themselves.

Melon

Really. They could at least wait until the war breaks out. It's greed like this that makes me believe the fight might really be over oil. It's stupid to charge extra because there 'might' be a shortage if there is a war. It's like saying, might as well take tons of penicillin now just in case I get sick. Duh. :der:

Over the weekend, we paid an average of .30 cents per gallon less for gas in Arizona than we've been paying in Calif.

It just cost me $26 to a fill up my freakin Camry. :mad:

no kidding. its waaaay higher in europe than it is here.

in manitoba right now its 75.9 per litre. thats the highest its ever been for us.

I love my Jetta. Even with these gas prices, it takes about $20 to fill it completely, and will last me about a week or two.

But I think that most people don't give enough concern to fuel economy when they buy their automobiles.

Melon

us in rural areas of the tundra/permafrost region of the north pole (canada) have to think about what will get us out of our yards especially come emergency. thats why we have an suv and a four wheel drive pickup. theres absolutely no way wed have these vehicles if we lived in winnipeg or in a town, but we dont so we have no choice in the matter.

Flag Pole Pear said:
us in rural areas of the tundra/permafrost region of the north pole (canada) have to think about what will get us out of our yards especially come emergency. thats why we have an suv and a four wheel drive pickup. theres absolutely no way wed have these vehicles if we lived in winnipeg or in a town, but we dont so we have no choice in the matter.

:lol:

Are you being funny here?? Come to Toronto. There are more idiots with SUVs here than regular cars almost, and most of em have never been outside the city.

Gas today: 82.9 cents/litre :mad:

this is fuckin insanity.

The only reason I don't mind not having a car.
It's not so bad here at school because we can take the bus anywhere we want to go, but back home it's 5 miles to anything and the roads have no shoulders or sidewalks to ride a bike on if need be... no public transit, either.
If you don't have a car you're screwed.
I get the impression that Europe has a better mass transit system than the US... if I want to go home (2 hour drive) I can either take the Amtrak and South Shore trains which is about $45 one way, all said, and I have to walk two miles to the stop which leaves at 5am daily because the buses don't run that early. Plus then I'm stuck at the airport unless someone picks me up because there's no bus to take me home, OR I can call a cab, except it's a half hour drive back to my house.
OR I could take a bus, Greyhound charges $36 one way, same two mile walk (which isn't really that far), and again I'd still need a cab to get to my house.

The moral of this story is, I think Americans would bitch a lot less about gas if our mass transit system didn't suck.

We really need us some fuel cell cars, but oh wait, that's not good for our president's pocket.

I love my mustang but I hate the fact that it costs like $25 to fill it up at $2.09 a gallon right now.. supreme.
I refuse to put anything but supreme it in.

gabrielvox said:

:lol:

Are you being funny here?? Come to Toronto. There are more idiots with SUVs here than regular cars almost, and most of em have never been outside the city.

Gas today: 82.9 cents/litre :mad:

this is fuckin insanity.

well that is pretty stupid.

Kristie said:
The only reason I don't mind not having a car.
It's not so bad here at school because we can take the bus anywhere we want to go, but back home it's 5 miles to anything and the roads have no shoulders or sidewalks to ride a bike on if need be... no public transit, either.
If you don't have a car you're screwed.

Same here. It's nice not having to worry about paying for gas anymore. I can take the Metro most places here, and a lot of people don't have cars. If I didn't have a car when I lived in Kentucky, I would have died.

I wish the Metro were cheaper, though!!

Alternatively...

melon said:
Hydrogen fuel anyone?

Or alternitively, quantum vacuum flux energy. A much better solution, and much more practical and elegant. The physics were originally derived by Nikola Tesla - unfortunately most of his work and patents were taken by the military-industrial complex under national security clauses. Modern research came into being basically, when physicists were trying to create a total artificial vacuum. It's born on the idea that the universe is gravitationally closed. It was thought that removing all gases would create a vacuum, but it turned out that the region still contained thermal radiation. The next logical step was to remove all thermal radiation by cooling the remaining matter down to absolute zero. [An important item to note here, and one that is highly misunderstood, is that a vacuum is neither HOT nor COOL. It is the perfect insulator! Heat is a measure of the activity of atomic particles. Only matter can have temperature, yet in nearly every science fiction movie on earth you will find the widespread illusion that outer-space is very cold.] Once this was accomplished, it was found that the region still contained massive volumes of non-thermal radiation! My understanding is that it has something to do with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal. As you cool matter, the vibrational rate of subatomic particles slow. When aboslute zero is reached, you could theoretically finally know both the momentum (zero) AND position of a subatomic particle. But! This was not the case, somehow, and it was found that all energy and matter are in a constant state of flux out of a seething, massive ocean of electromagnetic energy.

The research has been ongoing by independent scientists and laboratories for years now, and though mostly ridiculed by academia in the past, the science is really starting to prove itself (how many times in history has this happened?). The idea, and solid mathematical principals behind it, are gaining serious recognition within the scientific community. Although over-unity devices have been seen for some time, just recently a device was announced that actually was able to convert the perturbed energy out of the vacuum into usable electricity. The device has been independently tested and verified by third-party laboratories, and is currently lined up for government and university reproducibility studies. Furthermore, the intellectual property pathway is totally clean, which means the DoD can't grab its hands on it. Finally, a U.S. patent was just awarded for the device.

This thing was just recently disclosed so that it would not be supressed by the 5 trillion dollar global energy sector, which obviously would stand to grow meaningless almost overnight. The only way this thing will not see the light of day, rolling off of assembly lines by 2004 is if it is massively suppressed.

Then the Middle East and the rest of OPEC can fuck themselves.

Amen.

"Electric power is everywhere present in unlimited quantities and can drive the world's machinery without the need of coal, oil, gas, or any other of the common fuels." Nikola Tesla

one doesnt need to know anything more than this about the state of the worlds energy:

1) their is energy and electricity, albeit in variable ammounts in ALL MATTER.

2) were in the 21st century where science has cloned us animals and brought us to the moon. there IS science to extract the endless (and renewable!) energy that is everywhere!

essentially, its that simple!

but we dont live in that reality. in stead we have assholes like bush in power who are willing to start wars and kill people all in the name of stealing oil.

imagine if all this militairy spending was brought over to africa to fight aids or fight the terrible famine in ethiopia. imagine if bush used that money towards domestic issues such as poverty innitiatives.

there is so much that could be done that would at LEAST look like politicians have a kind heart.

but they dont speak for us.

which is why i firmly believe that our "democracy" will fail us all by doing us in from the inside within xnumber of years. but thats for a different topic and a different time.

i hate going to bed this angry. bush and his asshole cronies make me scream, and thats not a lie.

melon said:
I love my Jetta. Even with these gas prices, it takes about $20 to fill it completely, and will last me about a week or two.

But I think that most people don't give enough concern to fuel economy when they buy their automobiles.

Melon

Absolutely right Melon! There are lots of cars on the market which only need 3-4 litres/100km.
I wanted to buy a Jaguar XJ12 - i reconsidored that decision because it needs 10x more Fuel.
Also increasing fuel prices are not nice - i guess it's the only way to stop us from buying SUV's and othergGas guzzlers and swich to eco-cars.

Klaus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom