Extravagant Parties For Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:
I agree with all of the above. But this is not a failure of capitalism, but of our government. And, of course, we know what an abject failure our government has been over the last several hundred years.

Fixed that for you. :lol:

I have a little cousin having one of these today. It's sad IMO that the parents seem to care more about impressing and outdoing each other than just letting the kids have a fun time their own way.

While I would never spend this much on a kid's birthday party no matter how much money I have, if these people want to spend $5,000 or $6,000 or $10 million, I don't see what the problem is. It is their money. It is stupid to spend that much on a kid's birthday party, but again, it is their money to spend.

Timely!

The birthday party held for Suri Cruise’s second birthday cost a whopping $100,000!

The catering bill for the two parties cost Tom more than $45,000, reveals the insider, who adds that Tom asked his friend, celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, to cater the events, reports In Touch.

Tom reportedly filled their Hollywood Hills home with more than $17,000 worth of fresh flowers.

An insider also says that the Cruises spent almost $5,000 on cakes.

:shocked:

Allegedly Tom is really into trying to impress others with his homes and material things. Makes me wonder why. I know he is filthy rich but that on a kid's party is still insane. Suri walks around in Burberry dresses (and I swear I have never seen her in the same outfit twice), so her wardrobe alone is probably worth a fortune. Supposedly he gives Katie half a mil a year to spend on whatever she wants. His prerogative but seems to me Suri will remember things other than her extravagant 2nd birthday party. Who here actually remembers back that far? Hopefully her parents will stay together and thrive, and that will be her best childhood memory.

Back
Top Bottom