Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
i extend the same challenge that i made to diemure to the 2 other bums piping off here.

kissing.jpg

which one is you?

I refuse to pay money to the Discovery Institute. I know the science, I understand what ID posits and I reject it. It isn't a question of fairplay in the scientific community or academic freedom; it is about what scientific theory (which you need to learn about - a theory is not a guess) best describes the nature of nature. And evolution does that exquisitely with all the nuances that life's grandeur deserves.

A_Wanderer said:
I think we can see more skin.

but does diamond?

that's the question -- he'd have to want to see more male skin were he to be qualified to comment on any gay-related issue, as per his stance in here that you are unqualified to comment on ID or Ben Stein unless you have seen this particular propaganda piece.

that's the only ironic point i have to add to this.

you and Melon defend the science far better than i can.

It evokes a response, I say bring on the action; I can distract myself with naked ladies, this is the internet after all.

Wow, I just saw Ben Stein on youtube and he was repeating the lightning striking a mud puddle line; wrong on 2 points, the first being that biogenesis is not evolution and the second is that there is no difference between living and inert matter; the carbon atoms in a human brain are the same as those in the center of a star.

Evolution doesn't postulate that human beings were formed instantaneously by lighting striking a mud puddle through pure luck. It postulates that all life on earth replicates it's information with heritable variations and that the differential rates of survival of organisms in their environment effect what variations get passed down through the generations.

It is a blind mechanical process. That it selects the optimum kinds for an environment. That any particular mutation taking place occurs by chance does not undo the tremendous selective pressure at play. The failure of imagination and understanding by creationists does them no favours and inhibits any chance at that dialogue that they so deeply seem to desire.

A_Wanderer said:
biogenesis is not evolution

That was kinda the point of the whole movie. Evolution does not explain how life started. Evolution requires, at the minimum; living, replicating cellular life.
So then, how did life begin? Well, we really don't have any clue how, strictly by chance, molecules assembled themselves from nonliving things into living things -- only that they did, and that only a monotone Jew or snake-handling inbreed would think otherwise.

A_Wanderer said:

Don't Be Common

By the way, what happens, at least statistically, should you convince at least 50% of the populace to join you on your crusade against commonness? Don't you then become common?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Be Weird.

diamond said:
get some sack and get your lanky a*s to the theater and view the film

Tsk, tsk, diamond. You should know better than to directly insult others in this forum.

Besides, your challenge is empty, because I can guarantee you that if I went to see the movie and came back with the same points, you'd still refuse to discuss them and find another convenient escape from actually talking about the issues.

INDY500 said:

By the way, what happens, at least statistically, should you convince at least 50% of the populace to join you on your crusade against commonness? Don't you then become common?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Be Weird.

Um, no. :huh:

You are assuming there's only one way not to conform or be common.

Some very scary thinking.

INDY500 said:

That was kinda the point of the whole movie. Evolution does not explain how life started. Evolution requires, at the minimum; living, replicating cellular life.
So then, how did life begin? Well, we really don't have any clue how, strictly by chance, molecules assembled themselves from nonliving things into living things -- only that they did, and that only a monotone Jew or snake-handling inbreed would think otherwise.
There is no reason to suppose that God is a reasonable hypothesis. Organic chemistry is still chemistry and it obeys the laws of physics, theres no need for a divine spark.

Trinity Broadcast Network
Stein: When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. Myers [i.e. biologist P.Z. Myers], talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed … that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science — in my opinion, this is just an opinion — that’s where science leads you.

Crouch: That’s right.

Stein: …Love of God and compassion and empathy leads you to a very glorious place, and science leads you to killing people.

Crouch: Good word, good word.

Well, then I guess Ben Stein really is stupider than he looks, if he's going to construct absurd "reductio ad Hitlerum"-type arguments like that. :huh:

If anyone's curious, you can watch the show those quotes came from here (they're at minutes 27-28):

http://tbn.org/video_portal/

Click "Behind the Scenes," then "April 21, 2008." It's about 30 minutes long in all.

Back
Top Bottom