Excitement in the Virginia governor's race

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Monday night I went to a fundraiser for our Lt. Governor, Tim Kaine, who is running for governor (the vote is next November, along with the NJ governors race, the only 2 in the country). It was TONS of fun. Tim Kaine is like Bill Clinton without the baggage. He's an amazing guy who absolutely captivates audiences, and is very approachable.

Attorney Genereal Jerry Kilgore, the Republican candidate for governor, is a different story. I have also met him, (before I knew much about his political affiliation), and he seemed like a very slimey character. Two years ago the Virginia Democratic Party had it's phones tapped, and the top people involved were some of his top advisors. In both the Richmond Times Dispatch AND the Washington Post stories came out about it today. This race is going to get nasty and exciting.
Here's the Post article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45155-2004Dec7.html

I encourage my fellow Virginians to get very active in this race, it's extremely important. :up:
I encourage my fellow political junkies to follow this race, it'll be a good one.

Last edited:
I was just thinking, we could match them up pretty well if you got a Leela one at some point (check around http://www.peelified.com/ if you want to, they have a whole lot of them) - keep you posted next round of interference couple of the [insert date here].

p.s. I actually do look like that right now except I got vodka in my mug :wink.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I hadn't even heard anything on the race and it's my state too of course. Keep us updated!

As a native Virginian, I find this exciting as well. I'll have to discuss it with one of my old friends there who desires to be more politically active but hasn't found a candidate in recent years he could get excited about.

joyfulgirl said:
As a native Virginian, I find this exciting as well. I'll have to discuss it with one of my old friends there who desires to be more politically active but hasn't found a candidate in recent years he could get excited about.

Well Tim Kaine is a very exciting guy. Hopefully your friend will like him. :up:

Thanks for this hon! As I have said repeatedly, if Americans want to NOT have to choose again in 2008 between the evil of two lessers, we need to pay attention to 2005, 2006 and 2007.

:yes:

SD

Do Virginians vote for the candidate of they have many 'blind' voters who will still vote Republican regardless of the candidate?

hmmmmmmm ... i'm happy i'm registered to vote in VA. please keep all the Virginians (there do seem to be a lot of us ... though i still claim roots in New England soil) in the loop. a talented Dem from a very red state might be just what the doctor ordered for our ailing country.

I'll definitely keep y'all in the loop. The Virginia race is the most important in the country next year.

In other news our current Governor Mark Warner shook some boo-tay at a middle school yesterday. He had promised them he would dance for them if they improved their standardized test scores, which they did. So yesterday he danced the Cha-Cha and Electric Slide. The video is PRICELESS, I wish I could find it online. :lol:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Sherry Darling said:
Thanks for this hon! As I have said repeatedly, if Americans want to NOT have to choose again in 2008 between the evil of two lessers, we need to pay attention to 2005, 2006 and 2007.

:yes:

SD

I agree wholeheartedly.

Back
Top Bottom