Excessive Force by Police??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-21-2003, 01:21 AM   #16
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 997
Local Time: 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
Try getting hauled through a car window and mercilessly beaten by three cops just cause you had the nerve to assert that as a passenger you are not required to produce a valid driver's licence..

Oh the tales I could tell...
...try getting put into an ambulance with handcuffs, put in "three points" and brought to a mental institution in New Jersey because you don't have a dollar for the bus back to downtown philly...obviously the eastern cops are dealing with crazy women who want to do their own thing, huh?
__________________

__________________
DebbieSG is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 01:22 AM   #17
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
no fair


__________________

__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 01:34 AM   #18
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler


LOL!! You're too much, gabrielvox. No, seriously, that experience no doubt sucked.
No what really sucked was after being released from hospital, having to spend two nights in jail for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer - these being the standard charges one gets hit with once they've had the shit beaten out of them, just so there is something to bargain for later - and then pressing your own charges and having some snot crown prosecutor cut you an apparently sweet deal if you will quietly drop your charges and civil suit against the officers. Oh yeah, and your internal misconduct investigation papers getting mysteriously lost.

Or how about the...

it...never mind..

damn I need to sleep now..
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 01:35 AM   #19
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG


...try getting put into an ambulance with handcuffs, put in "three points" and brought to a mental institution in New Jersey because you don't have a dollar for the bus back to downtown philly...obviously the eastern cops are dealing with crazy women who want to do their own thing, huh?
That too sucks.

I know its not nice to generalize.

I'm still waiting to meet a cop that changes what I've come up against.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 02:11 AM   #20
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 12:41 PM
Note: I've changed your thread title DebbieSG, as its more applicable to policing techniques than anything else, and people can be offended by stereotypes.

Chica's dearest.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 02:27 AM   #21
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 997
Local Time: 01:41 AM
That's fine, Angela Harlem (Angel of Harem, ha ha sorry, just wanted to switch around a few letters, kind of comes out silly, doesn't it?) stereotypes and stigmas are really terrible things, aren't they...propagate fear and reaction from ignorant sources, seems to be in my experience.

I have a clarification for many irish and testosterone filled peeps: "bitch" is a female dog. females are not dogs. dogs are dogs. females are women. women are heterosexual, unless you have gone to their bed and seen them sleep with another woman. "woman" has the word "man" in it. woMAN. get it? got it? allright! carry on...



the previous rant brought to you by the hard-won lessons of a northern (Californian) girl-tested "grape"vine.
__________________
DebbieSG is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 02:47 AM   #22
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 05:41 PM
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 02:55 AM   #23
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 06:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sicy yer killin' me.
__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 03:15 AM   #24
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:41 PM
given that this was cops, i can just think of all the possibilities as to why this woman was arrested. prostitution, robbery, something even as minor as a traffic violation!

i've seen cops, real tv, all those police shows before. they tend to show the lowest common denominator (like some fat guy robbing a wal-mart and seemingly incapable of speaking english even though he is from kentucky) breaking the law and getting arrested. so something tells me that this woman, regardless of her sexual orientation, did something wrong and resisted arrest, which is why they had to put some force on her.

once on real tv (or was it world's wildest cop stories or whatever?) this naked man walked into a store and threatened to kill some people. the 12 year old girl called 911 and when the cops got there, it took five men to get this crazed lunatic outside and handcuffed. much of his blood was everywhere in the process. i doubt the cop was being sexist or homophobic.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 03:28 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
daisybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Posts: 8,577
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DebbieSG
stereotypes and stigmas are really terrible things, aren't they...propagate fear and reaction from ignorant sources, seems to be in my experience.

I have a clarification for many irish and testosterone filled peeps: "bitch" is a female dog. females are not dogs. dogs are dogs. females are women. women are heterosexual, unless you have gone to their bed and seen them sleep with another woman. "woman" has the word "man" in it. woMAN. get it? got it? allright! carry on...

I guess stigmas and stereotypes are not terrible when applied to the Irish or male population.
__________________
"....But all I ever hear from you is "
daisybean is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 03:28 AM   #26
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean
I guess stigmas and stereotypes are not terrible when applied to the Irish or male population.
oh snap!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
kobayashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: the ether
Posts: 5,142
Local Time: 09:41 PM
this is a very peculiar thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox


No what really sucked was after being released from hospital, having to spend two nights in jail for resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer - these being the standard charges one gets hit with once they've had the shit beaten out of them, just so there is something to bargain for later - and then pressing your own charges and having some snot crown prosecutor cut you an apparently sweet deal if you will quietly drop your charges and civil suit against the officers. Oh yeah, and your internal misconduct investigation papers getting mysteriously lost.

Or how about the...

it...never mind..

damn I need to sleep now..
was this the toronto police force gabriel?
__________________
im the candyman. and the candyman is back.
kobayashi is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 11:47 AM   #28
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 08:41 PM
No that instance was with Peel Regional.

The other incident was where the ETF division of Metro attacked me for having a camcorder running while they did an illegal act in my apartment courtyard.

But thats another story
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 11:56 AM   #29
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean


I guess stigmas and stereotypes are not terrible when applied to the Irish or male population.
or the police, or lesbians, or people with dark skin
__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 02-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
daisybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Posts: 8,577
Local Time: 08:41 PM
and female dogs
__________________

__________________
"....But all I ever hear from you is "
daisybean is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com