Ex-Iraq WMD Hunter Fears U.S. Credibility Erosion - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2004, 06:15 AM   #46
you are what you is

Local Time: 12:45 AM
a weapon indeed,

but I guess to determine whether its a weapon of mass destruction does depend on the effects it has

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 05-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #47
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
The point is, if such materials can still kill after that amount of time, then they can still be used as weapons.
I'm neither a WMD nor a Anthrax or Nervegas expert but when a "product" is to old (I think experts don's speak about 3 / 5 years for fun) it dosn't work as it should.
So maybe if you use old Anthrax it makes the other sick and kills some people but i think it can't be used as WMD anymore otherwise the "date of expiry" dosn't make sense to me.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus

I'm neither a WMD nor a Anthrax or Nervegas expert but when a "product" is to old (I think experts don's speak about 3 / 5 years for fun) it dosn't work as it should.
So maybe if you use old Anthrax it makes the other sick and kills some people but i think it can't be used as WMD anymore otherwise the "date of expiry" dosn't make sense to me.
It depends on how such things are maintained. You really only start to have an erosion effect once the materials have been put into a Artillery shell or munition for use on the battle field. That usually does not happen until fighting starts or is about to begin. Prior to that time, such materials can be maintained given the right storage and equipment.

In addition, no one knows precisely when Saddam produced or did not produce Anthrax and other WMD.