ever get paranoid about your anti-bush statements?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol right, damn Patriot Act

oops did I say that out loud? oh well, since I'm screwed anyway cuz the feds are looking here...BUSH stinks

and yes, i am very paranoid

lol well I'm glad Im not the only one. I might have the feds looking for me but at least I'm not crazy!!!

LoveTown said:

Do any of you ever get paranoid that what you say openly about bush or the war or government in general will get you into trouble?

:shifty:
Why? Who wants to know? Who are you really? Let's see some ID.

Nevermind....

You don't know me. I was never here. I don't exist. You don't exist. Never trust the man with one brown shoe. Eat this post.

*counting out money to get Moonlit.. and verte.. a good lawyer and out of gitmo bay*

bbbbbut I don't really don't know them... please stop dragging me down...ouch that hurts..
:wink:
seriously though, I have more people telling me they don't discuss politics anymore, because I keep giving them examples of what's wrong and they can't dispute it...
they are not paying f'ing attention and it pisses me off..

One day the "conservative" factions of the US will have the states in line and the world as they would like it....Democracy will be everywhere just as bush wants it and the world will be illiterate just as Bush is.

The sad truth is that certain elements of US society would like for the world to be full of capitalism, religious dogma, and egocentric attitudes and they have the power to sway the consensus like a sail to catch the wind they are blowing up.

The perversion and defamation of otherwise harmless ideas/behaviors (ie communism, atheism, homosexuality) etc that has gone on in the US government throughout its history is so overwhelming that its a parody of truth to call the US a democracy or a place of free ideas and speech.

peacepandemic said:
One day the "conservative" factions of the US will have the states in line and the world as they would like it....Democracy will be everywhere just as bush wants it and the world will be illiterate just as Bush is.

Harvard graduate - and you call him illiterate.

80sU2isBest said:

Harvard graduate - and you call him illiterate.

when you're last name is Bush, you can do many things.

it was also Harvard Business School -- i don't think it's totally inaccurate to assume that law school was too intimidating.

Irvine511 said:

it was also Harvard Business School -- i don't think it's totally inaccurate to assume that law school was too intimidating.

Oh, I see. So illiterate people can graduate from Harvard Business School? That's nice to know. My friend's kid is about to start 1st Grade. I'll just tell him to skip it and go straight to Harvard and get his business degree. Thanks for cluing me in to that.

I learned a long time ago that "intellect" is not always determined by a diploma. I know people with an associate's degree that have more intelligence and common sense than Bush, and I know people with Ph.Ds who seem to be dumb and petty like Bush.

Honestly, I wish I could explain this phenomenon, but I can't.

Melon

80sU2isBest said:
I'll just tell him to skip it and go straight to Harvard and get his business degree. Thanks for cluing me in to that.

Have him claim to be the son of a President and oil tycoon, and I'm sure he'll do fantastically.

Melon

80sU2isBest said:

Oh, I see. So illiterate people can graduate from Harvard Business School? That's nice to know. My friend's kid is about to start 1st Grade. I'll just tell him to skip it and go straight to Harvard and get his business degree. Thanks for cluing me in to that.

erm, i don't think anyone (but you) took the statement that Bush is illiterate being that he is actually unable to read; what it did mean, through the use of hyperbole to make a greater point, is that Bush is (even by his own admission) not terribly intellectual and was never much into school. he's also been rumored to be ADHD and dyslexic (which he deserves sympathy for). and when the man says that Jesus is his favorite political philosopher ("because he changed my heart"), i don't think it's to much of a stretch to say that he probably couldn't come up with a political philosopher that he's familiar enough with to survive an interview.

trust me. i went to a private, elite eastern school. there were many children of alumni in attendence who had virtually no intellectual curiosity. it didn't mean they were illiterate, it was more that they chose not to read (which is kind of the same thing, only possibly more tragic). and some of these kids get away with absolute murder, both academically and even legally, because of who their family is.

and the holy terror individual i went to school with and that i'm thinking of was a member of a very, very prominant Democratic family. he was a terrible person, dumb and mean.

and no, it wasn't Chelsea. ;)

(she went West Coast anyway)

Irvine, when people say "illterate", they either mean "can't read and write"or "dumb". Bush is neither. You do not graduate from Harvard, even the -gasp!- business school if you are dumb.

80sU2isBest said:
Irvine, when people say "illterate", they either mean "can't read and write"or "dumb". Bush is neither. You do not graduate from Harvard, even the -gasp!- business school if you are dumb.

and you have no grasp of irony, hyperbole, or humor.

Irvine511 said:

and you have no grasp of irony, hyperbole, or humor.

I do have grasp of humor. This has nothing to do with humor.

It's absolutely ridiculous to call someone who has a business degree from Harvard "illeterate", but what's even more ridiculous than that is the "stretching" explanation that you concocted to try to make it seem as peacepandemic meant anything other than that Bush is dumb or illiterate. You always do that to try to back out of your own statements, but now you're really get good; you're trying to use it to back out of other people's statements.

80sU2isBest said:

I do have grasp of humor. This has nothing to do with humor.

It's absolutely ridiculous to call someone who has a business degree from Harvard "illeterate", but what's even more ridiculous than that is the "stretching" explanation that you concocted to try to make it seem as peacepandemic meant anything other than that Bush is dumb or illiterate. You always do that to try to back out of your own statements, but now you're really get good; you're trying to use it to back out of other people's statements.

hy·per·bo·le ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)
n.

A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in "I could sleep for a year" or "This book weighs a ton."

Irvine511 said:

hy·per·bo·le ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)
n.

A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in "I could sleep for a year" or "This book weighs a ton."

I know what hyperbole means.

I didn't say that the statement about Bush being illiterate wasn't use of hyperbole. I said it wasn't humor.

However, since you brought it up, the specific hyperbole to which I am referring isn't really accurate, because Bush is very far from being illiterate. So in this case, calling him "illiterate" wouldn't be an exxaggeration about some limited literacy skills...it would be a total inaccuracy.

80sU2isBest said:

I know what hyperbole means.

I didn't say that the statement about Bush being illiterate wasn't use of hyperbole. I said it wasn't humor.

However, since you brought it up, the specific hyperbole to which I am referring isn't really accurate, because Bush is very far from being illiterate. So in this case, calling him "illiterate" wouldn't be an exxaggeration about some limited literacy skills...it would be a total inaccuracy.

:blahblah:

Okay, this thread has now strayed far, far away from its original topic. Please make an effort to get back to the original subject and avoid trading insults, or the thread will have to be closed.

Thanks,
*Fizz.

Back
Top Bottom