Euthanasia - what do you think about it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Personally, i think that it should be decided case by case, and if there's absolutely no hope of recovery, and if the person in question or his family agrees, it can be done.

------------------
"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked about the airplanes in the videos, and the airport pics on ATYCLB)

"Not just any band...the best band on the planet." - Bono

"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge about playing live

"There's still stuff left for us to do, and that's why we still do it." - Larry, 1998

I'm all for it, personally. I think its quite obvious, I think it is inhumane to put a person through a living death, it is better both morally and ethically to 'put one out of their misery' as it were.

It should be legalised.

Ant.

I never quite understood why suicide was illegal in the first place.

The only problem I would have is if the choice is taken out of the patients hands. If a patient does nto have the mental capacity to decide for his or her self, then the plug should not be pulled. Unless of course the patient had left soem sort of legal document wishing this to be done.

------------------

Same Old Story

Originally posted by Anthony:
I'm all for it, personally. I think its quite obvious, I think it is inhumane to put a person through a living death, it is better both morally and ethically to 'put one out of their misery' as it were.

It should be legalised.

Ant.

Agree completely. Why not treat our loved ones with the same compassion and respect with which we treat our suffering and dying pets.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 03-21-2002).]

I cant answer this question. I dont think there is a right answer here. If the person/animal is in extreme pain that cannot be eased any other way, and if the condition is truly terminal, then i guess...*shrugs*.
Be better if the people in a position to cure ailments, make laws, do research, etc etc, actually got to work and, for once, actually DID something to help humanity. I suppose they will...in a thousand years or so...
mad.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I agree with joyful and Ant. Why make people suffer so much pain?
Daily, life support machines are turned off in hospitals the world over, and no one says a thing.

very personal question. I have first hand experience with this and I can tell you it isn't easy to either decide, accept or live with.

My mother was very much ill and in alot of pain and suffered alot. All you have to do is look in a person's eyes and you know. My Dad knew. He did what he had to do. It's a hard thing to justify but all you can do is know in your heart that it's the right or wrong thing to do. That's all you can do. It take a very strong person and a very loving person to do something about it. My dad was loving and strong. That's all I have to say.

Peace

this is an interesting question because i was just reading an article about it in my college's newspaper today.

anyway, i don't have a problem with it, only if it's in one of these two cases:
1. the person legally expressed these wishes before they reached the current medical and physical state
2. the person is brain dead, comatose, etc. (and has been for a while) and the doctors cannot see any cure or help for the patient, except to pull the plug.

otherwise, i don't think it's right. especially if the person did not express any desire to have this happen, unless the #2 case is true that i mentioned before.

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room, it's sharp and it's clear but nothing at all like the moon...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom