equality blooms with spring, pt. II - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #976
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
What bullshit.
I was just sitting here pondering how to even begin responding to that post, but I think your response says it best.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #977
She's the One

Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
What bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I was just sitting here pondering how to even begin responding to that post, but I think your response says it best.
My exact words, both times.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #978
She's the One

Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

And who do we "bash" when we defend traditional marriage against attacks of patriarchalism by modern feminists, skyrocketing out-of-marriage birthrates, no-fault divorce laws and polygamy?
It's the bitches' fault! It always is. First, we try to raise our kids by ourselves after the men take off, and now we have the audacity to demand equal rights and protections under the law. Fucking bitches.

Life was soooooooo much better when boys were in charge.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #979
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
Suffrage can now be seen as an important evolution of human rights. But why don't you tell us how the feminism pursuing liberty and equality while embracing the unique roles women have in motherhood, marriage and caregiving became the modern feminism that rejects and vilifies those roles.

How feminism went from seeking the freedom to be women in society to the freedom to cease being women.

And who do we "bash" when we defend traditional marriage against attacks of patriarchalism by modern feminists, skyrocketing out-of-marriage birthrates, no-fault divorce laws and polygamy?
Largely agree, but I would probably argue feminists have been exploited by the neo-liberal corporatist globalist agenda for the latter's ends. So, underlying these trends that you've outlined is the neo-liberal agenda which is largely pushed by men.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #980
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
It's the bitches' fault! It always is. First, we try to raise our kids by ourselves after the men take off, and now we have the audacity to demand equal rights and protections under the law. Fucking bitches.

Life was soooooooo much better when boys were in charge.
Don't project all your rage and hate onto me and put words in my mouth. I said no such thing and you know it.

I reject the branch of Feminism that attempts to re-educate women to act and think contrary to their natures. It exists and you know it and it's why 70% of American women today reject the label "feminist."

And I reject the Murphy Brown argument that single motherhood is but a praiseworthy alternative to marriage.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Of course. Much easier isn't it?

Care to address my wacky idea that it wasn't only big, bad, mean men that were preventing women from gaining voting rights?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #982
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Largely agree,
Why do hate women, sorry, fucking bitches, finance guy?

Quote:
but I would probably argue feminists have been exploited by the neo-liberal corporatist globalist agenda for the latter's ends. So, underlying these trends that you've outlined is the neo-liberal agenda which is largely pushed by men.
Both of which, liberalism and feminism, have infiltrated higher academia to the point of turning those institutions of higher learning into monolithic institutions of indoctrination.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #983
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I reject the branch of Feminism that attempts to re-educate women to act and think contrary to their natures.

dude. seriously. are you about to tell women what is and isn't in their "nature"?

anyway, as ever, none of this has anything to do with the gay bashing that passes for discourse amongst the thugs on the right. anything less than total equality for gay people is gay bashing, hands down.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #984
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
dude. seriously. are you about to tell women what is and isn't in their "nature"?

anyway, as ever, none of this has anything to do with the gay bashing that passes for discourse amongst the thugs on the right. anything less than total equality for gay people is gay bashing, hands down.
And then it becomes a discussion about what's equality and what isn't, and then you once again compare it to other oppressed people of the past and they say it isn't the same, and it continues in a circle, and at the end of the day everyone against gay marriage is still a bigot who will quote this post and get pissed off that I called a spade a spade.

I'm about to retire from FYM. Seriously. The fucking conservatives, man. I can't take it anymore.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #985
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
You're asking the wrong person. Ask the radical feminists, the ones whom most women disagree with, who THEY are to tell women what is and isn't in their "nature" and best interests. Have you ever heard of Betty Friedan? Ever read 'Right-Wing Women: The Politics of Domesticated Females' by Andrea Dworkin. Do you believe all heterosexual sex is rape and marriage is slavery?

Quote:
Thugs on the Right. Who engaged in thuggery against citizens only exercising their democratic right to speak at the ballot box and with their wallets in the wake of the Prop 8 vote in Calf?

And I'm guessing you and only you get to define the terms of "equality."
Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #986
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yes, seemingly some of the men around here have a better handle on our nature than we do.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #987
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
You're asking the wrong person. Ask the radical feminists, the ones whom most women disagree with, who THEY are to tell women what is and isn't in their "nature" and best interests. Have you ever heard of Betty Friedan? Ever read 'Right-Wing Women: The Politics of Domesticated Females' by Andrea Dworkin. Do you believe all heterosexual sex is rape and marriage is slavery?
The extremists in a movement represent the entire movement?

Quote:
Thugs on the Right. Who engaged in thuggery against citizens only exercising their democratic right to speak at the ballot box and with their wallets in the wake of the Prop 8 vote in Calf?
Yeah! Those thugs! What with their not wanting to give money to businesses who consider them inferior and undeserving of equal rights under the law. The nerve!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I reject the branch of Feminism that attempts to re-educate women
Re-educate us into believing what? That we should have the choice to live our lives as you do? That those of us who want to have babies and find husbands should be free to do so, and that those who want to infiltrate male-dominated fields should be free to do so and that those who think they can do both should at the very least be free to try? Or is that all against our nature and it's best that we be more "womanly", get back into our houses and cook dinner and save this world from the crumbling morality which all happened once women decided that maybe it might be a good idea to get to vote, or to get to have divorce laws that don't keep us enslaved in abusive relationships and that give us an equal share of property on dissolution?

As for your question of why some women didn't want to vote...well when you're indoctrinated your entire life to believe one thing, it's hard to take those shackles off. Do you sit there and wonder if the women in Afghanistan who voluntarily wear the burqa hate women or could it be that maybe they don't know there is another way and they are afraid to death of a world they have never been part of? Maybe you really are that dense, but I believe otherwise.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #989
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
How feminism went from seeking the freedom to be women in society to the freedom to cease being women.
You've become a bad parody of a caricature...

Pretty sad.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #990
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Largely agree,
Well yes, but we're all well aware of your gender issues.