equality blooms with spring, pt. II - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #346
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Keep trying <>, you'll never get it...
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:23 PM
I prefer clarity to confusion.

<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #348
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 05:23 PM
That's a good goal
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Martha, you seem rather upset most of the time. Perhaps it just the way you express yourself in this forum. I'm not making a value judgment, you can be angry - it just makes it more challenging to have a dialogue with you.
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #350
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Not the people here, who you inferred are bigots.

<>


you think that i'm not worthy of the status of marriage, that there needs to be a separate category because straights are better than not gays -- you see the need to distinguish yourself from me on the basis of our different (so you claim) sexual orientations.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #351
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you think that i'm not worthy of the status of marriage, that there needs to be a separate category because straights are better than not gays -- you see the need to distinguish yourself from me on the basis of our different (so you claim) sexual orientations.


I think you're worthy to have the same status as marriage, however as we both know gays and straights are not the same only different; no group is superior-just as Tibetans and Chinese are different with neither group superior to each other, they happen to be not the same.

Therefore, since you are unique and have a partner of the same uniqueness that you want to share your life with, you should celebrate that union with a ceremony-symbolizing that commitment, similar and equal to marriage.

I think all straight people should be tolerant of this view point.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #352
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post


I think you're worthy to have the same status as marriage, however as we both know gays and straights are not the same only different; no group is superior-just as Tibetans and Chinese are different with neither group superior to each other, they happen to be not the same.

Therefore, since you are unique and have a partner of the same uniqueness that you want to share your life with, you should celebrate that union with a ceremony-symbolizing that commitment, similar and equal to marriage.

I think all straight people should be tolerant of this view point.





<>



indeed, separate but equal.

and thanks for tolerating me. i understand that it's big of straight people to put up with gay people.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #353
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post

Therefore, since you are unique and have a partner of the same uniqueness that you want to share your life with, you should celebrate that union with a ceremony-symbolizing that commitment, similar and equal to marriage.

Separate, but equal.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Separate, but equal.
Not quite.

I would say:

Separate and equally beautiful, only different.
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #355
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
indeed, separate but equal.

and thanks for tolerating me.


you're welcome snuggles.

you're much easier than some self proclaimed straights here.



<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #356
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post

Separate and equal
Now you've got it!
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

i understand that this is just a viewpoint, but tell me, what is a gay person supposed to do with his or her life?
I just wanted to say that, as a third party spectator to this conversation, this sentence really jumped out at me. I've never quite heard the argument phrased in this way. Theres a humanity here that should really reach people at the most basic of levels. Its at the same time profound and heart wrenching. If someone cant empathize with this, then there is something inherently wrong with them (not directed at any one of you). Anyway, I have nothing else to add. I just thought it was a beautifully sad statement.

as you were
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
separate but equal.
How is the Washington State ballot that just passed any way similar to
segregation and jim crow laws?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #359
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Strong Badia
Posts: 3,430
Local Time: 11:23 PM
We're one, but we're not the same?
__________________
nathan1977 is online now  
Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #360
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post


I think you're worthy to have the same status as marriage, however as we both know gays and straights are not the same only different; no group is superior-just as Tibetans and Chinese are different with neither group superior to each other, they happen to be not the same.

Therefore, since you are unique and have a partner of the same uniqueness that you want to share your life with, you should celebrate that union with a ceremony-symbolizing that commitment, similar and equal to marriage.

I think all straight people should be tolerant of this view point.

<>
I'll say it again, one good thing that has come out of these debates, just like that of healthcare is that it has brought many conservatives at least closer to being right. Let's admit it, two or three years ago even the more "tolerant" conservatives were pushing for civil unions that were not even equal to that of marriage as far as rights go.

The world is moving forward, some are just slower than others...
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Risque U2 Pictures (PT II) FallingStar PLEBA Archive 147 07-28-2003 03:01 PM
MERGED --> When will Cleveland II be? + Rock Hall Celebration (Spring) CMM Interference Gatherings 80 04-14-2003 10:02 PM
Getcher Classical on! Psst...Dieman. Johnny Swallow Lemonade Stand Archive 8 03-07-2003 04:53 PM
the Europe photos pt. II (including interferencers!!!) sulawesigirl4 Lemonade Stand Archive 61 01-05-2003 03:29 PM
When hormones go bad Pt. II: MacPhisto WildHonee PLEBA Archive 9 11-02-2001 07:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com