equality blooms with spring, pt. II - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #181
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Is this a univeral law? (something that always, or almost always, happens)
It seems to be so, yes.

To answer the second question I didn't quote, I don't know, but it appears to be so.





(See how I answered the question, even a few days after it was asked?)
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #182
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM

Quote:
There are a lot more bigots in the real world than here, that's true.


Quote:

“Showing a bit of respect for cultural values with which you disagree is not a bad thing. Don’t call people bigots and fools just because you disagree with them.’’-Barney Frank.

By definition Barney then is more tolerable than many of his supporters here.




<>
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #183
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
By definition Barney is more tolerable than you.




<>
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #184
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
He doesn't go around calling people who disagree with him "bigots" like you and a few others have.

So he's more tolerable and to say the least maybe a bit wiser than you?


<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
(See how I answered the question, even a few days after it was asked?)
Martha, I thought you would appreciate this part of a sketch from Monty Python:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Python
(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
M: Well, I was told outside that...
Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!
M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Q: Not at all.
M: Thank You.
(Under his breath) Stupid git!!

(Walk down the corridor)
M: (Knock)
A: Come in.
M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
A: I told you once.
M: No you haven't.
A: Yes I have.
M: When?
A: Just now.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: You didn't
A: I did!
M: You didn't!
A: I'm telling you I did!
M: You did not!!
A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?
M: Oh, just the five minutes.
A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.
M: You most certainly did not.
A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.
M: No you did not.
A: Yes I did.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: You didn't.
A: Did.
M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
A: No it isn't.
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
A: No it isn't.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
A: Yes it is!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
A: No it isn't.
M: It is.
A: Not at all.
M: Now look.
A: (Rings bell) Good Morning.
M: What?
A: That's it. Good morning.
M: I was just getting interested.
A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.
M: That was never five minutes!
A: I'm afraid it was.
M: It wasn't.
Pause
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M: What?!
A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
M: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
A: (Hums)
M: Look, this is ridiculous.
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
M: Oh, all right.
(pays money)
A: Thank you.
short pause
M: Well?
A: Well what?
M: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.
A: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
M: I just paid!
A: No you didn't.
M: I DID!
A: No you didn't.
M: Look, I don't want to argue about that.
A: Well, you didn't pay.
M: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!
A: No you haven't.
M: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.
A: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
M: Oh I've had enough of this.
A: No you haven't.
M: Oh Shut up.
__________________
AEON is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #186
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
He doesn't go around calling people who disagree with him "bigots" like you and a few others have.

So he's more tolerable and to say the least maybe a bit wiser than you?


<>
First of all when I posted that you didn't have the quotes, so it didn't make sense.

And secondly, he didn't say anything about not calling out true bigots. I haven't called anyone a bigot in this thread, so I'm sure what you are trying to get at by all this "more tolerable, wiser" bullshit.

Maybe you should take a break for awhile, if you haven't noticed you haven't brought much of anything lately except for unwarranted insults. You are much more <> than you are Dave these days.

Just a suggestion
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #187
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM
true bigots

ha ha in the past you labeled many people as such-that don't agree with you.
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #188
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
true bigots
Do you think they exist?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #189
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Do you think they exist?
I try not to judge people and label people, but only understand from what paradigm they're dealing from-like Barney Frank.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #190
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I try not to judge people and label people, but only understand from what paradigm they're dealing from-like Barney Frank.

<>
Just a few examples of your non-judgement and not labeling people:



Quote:
to say the least maybe a bit wiser than you
Quote:
in the real world, people would eat you alive.
Quote:
Not after generations of brain washed complicity
Quote:
That would make you coward
Quote:
something you wouldn't comprehend nor appreciate.
Quote:
suggestions brought to you by a very normal and very Gay male.
And this was just from the last week of FYM postings.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #191
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM
and I condemned no one when putting all of those quotes in context.



I should mention you did break a forum rules by lifting quotes from other threads and pasting them in this thread-but rules are made to be broken and redefined right?

And Barney Frank seems to be a bit is wiser than you, you need to get over that one.


<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #192
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Judging and labeling(which is what you said) doesn't = "condemn".

Wisdom...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:26 AM
AEON, while I disagree strongly with your position and think much of your logic doesn't hold up, I do appreciate the general politeness with which your present them and thought you seem to put into them.

Diamond, on the other hand, you're just trying to piss people off by being condescending. Can you try to participate in the discussion by contributing to it instead of trying to sidetrack it with things like "Barney Frank," "I'm being called a bigot," and "buzzwords"?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #194
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:26 AM
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Awww. That makes it better.

Throw your diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe!
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Risque U2 Pictures (PT II) FallingStar PLEBA Archive 147 07-28-2003 03:01 PM
MERGED --> When will Cleveland II be? + Rock Hall Celebration (Spring) CMM Interference Gatherings 80 04-14-2003 10:02 PM
Getcher Classical on! Psst...Dieman. Johnny Swallow Lemonade Stand Archive 8 03-07-2003 04:53 PM
the Europe photos pt. II (including interferencers!!!) sulawesigirl4 Lemonade Stand Archive 61 01-05-2003 03:29 PM
When hormones go bad Pt. II: MacPhisto WildHonee PLEBA Archive 9 11-02-2001 07:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com