Entertainers perhaps for Kerry..but Athletes for Bush?..Hmm. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2004, 04:41 PM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,656
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Aren't there any cool people supporting him?
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-24-2004, 04:44 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Aren't there any cool people supporting him?


Brother BVS
if she ain't cool..nevermind you know best.

db9
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 04:54 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:53 AM



Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain down on him
So let it be
So let it be


Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thundercloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Let it rain
Rain on him
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 04:56 PM   #19
War Child
 
Inner El Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 609
Local Time: 12:53 PM
That does it, now that Lynn Swann supports Bush, I am definitely going to vote for Bush based on that. Because there is nobody who can direct me in my persuasions like dumb jocks.

Have you heard Karl Malone speak? You could deduce he was supporting Bush by proxy.
__________________
Inner El Guapo is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 05:05 PM   #20
War Child
 
Inner El Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 609
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Pat Tillman? The absurdity of your posts have reached a new high.

The man died for his country and you use him in some silly "athletes for Bush" post. No shame at all?

More than 1,000 soldiers have died, do you want to use all of their photos too? You can title it 'Dead Soldiers for Bush'.
__________________
Inner El Guapo is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 05:16 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 06:53 PM
ok i can't resist. i don't know who he supports but he's a jock and f***ing hot!
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 05:59 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Inner El Guapo
Pat Tillman? The absurdity of your posts have reached a new high.

The man died for his country and you use him in some silly "athletes for Bush" post. No shame at all?

More than 1,000 soldiers have died, do you want to use all of their photos too? You can title it 'Dead Soldiers for Bush'.
El Guapo-
Unless you can tell me Pat Tillman was not a jock and did not support this President I don't understand where the absurdity lies.

thanks,
db9
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 07:04 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Aren't there any cool people supporting him?
Exactly! Sorry, but no one mentioned thus far does anything for me....

Besides, my take on the whole celeb. endorsement thing is:

I make my choice, based on who I believe will do the best job.

Then, if I see celebrities supporting candidates the celeb can do one of three things in my estimation of their taste-- 1) move up; 2) they stay the same; or 3) they move down.

1) a celeb can move up if he/she likes the same candidates as I and my overall feelings about him/her are positive;

2) a celeb generally stays the same if he/she likes the same candidates as I, but I don't really have great feelings about him/her. Also, the celeb's status can stay the same if he/she likes different candidates (or some different), but the reasons for his/her choices are reasonable to me (doesn't happen often).

3) a celeb loses status if he/she doesn't like the same candidates I like, and I don't care for their reasons for the choices. Supporting W is an automatic demotion of at least several levels.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra


Exactly! Sorry, but no one mentioned thus far does anything for me....

Besides, my take on the whole celeb. endorsement thing is:

I make my choice, based on who I believe will do the best job.

Then, if I see celebrities supporting candidates the celeb can do one of three things in my estimation of their taste-- 1) move up; 2) they stay the same; or 3) they move down.

1) a celeb can move up if he/she likes the same candidates as I and my overall feelings about him/her are positive;

2) a celeb generally stays the same if he/she likes the same candidates as I, but I don't really have great feelings about him/her. Also, the celeb's status can stay the same if he/she likes different candidates (or some different), but the reasons for his/her choices are reasonable to me (doesn't happen often).

3) a celeb loses status if he/she doesn't like the same candidates I like, and I don't care for their reasons for the choices. Supporting W is an automatic demotion of at least several levels.
indra,

i used to use this same type of litmus test on girls i dated.

however it was a little bit different..

it was never about their polictical tastes, it was more about their musical tastes

if they like alternative music they were in, if they we're wanting to go to a Garth Brooks concert they we're out.
db9
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


indra,

i used to use this same type of litmus test on girls i dated.

however it was a little bit different..

it was never about their polictical tastes, it was more about their musical tastes

if they like alternative music they were in, if they we're wanting to go to a Garth Brooks concert they we're out.
db9
Oh, I do it for music too. Let's put it this way...for me, a guy better like The Church/Steve Kilbey. If he doesn't...there are three choices: 1) learn to like 'em; 2) become deaf and learn to smile politely as I drag you to their shows; or 3) get the hell out of my life. There are NO other choices!
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 07:53 PM
Not being American, I have no idea who 95% of the others are.

I do know basketball though and I can't stand Karl Malone.
Watching him play basketball is like watching buses re-arrange their parking positions at their depot. In other words, boring as all hell.

And honestly, if people are going to attack musicians, authors etc for having a political opinion, based on the fact that they don't know what they're talking about, then you really shouldn't bring athletes into it. Some of them have probably never heard the name "Kerry" before, and some of them probably had the wrong idea when asked "Do you like Bush?"

Diamond, don't let this stop you from posting pics of hottie athletes though, I wouldn't want that.
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 04:53 AM

Adam Baldwin is pro-Bush
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-24-2004, 10:21 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

Adam Baldwin is pro-Bush
Still not doing it for me....
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-25-2004, 05:13 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Where did you find out that Curt Schilling supports Bush?

It doesn't matter to me, I'm still completely in love w/ him anyway..no disrespect intended to his beautiful wife
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-25-2004, 06:47 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Where did you find out that Curt Schilling supports Bush?

It doesn't matter to me, I'm still completely in love w/ him anyway..no disrespect intended to his beautiful wife
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1252781/replies?c=1
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com