Eminem No Threat To President, Secret Service Declares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eminem's a punky little guy who just enjoys getting a rise out of people. Why some people get so freaked out by his lyrics is beyond me.

Anywho, glad the Secret Service figured this out, even though, really, the lyrics were nothing they needed to concern themselves with to begin with.

Anglea

It's routine for the Secret Service to investigate anything that might be considered a threat against the president. -Vh1

That's true, my high school American government teacher told of how some guys were messing around I think on the internet or something, and threatened the President, and within like less than an hour, the FBI were at their door. SCARY, like jokinly saying "bomb on an airplane", but worse.

ahhh i was waiting for someone to turn this into an anti-bush, patriot act taking away our freedom thing...

any and all threats made against the president of the united states is investigated by the secret service. this has ALWAYS been the case... well before bush, well before 9/11, well before the patriot act.

And that is what the Secrete Service does. It looks at the "threat" and evaluates the context. We have no idea how many "threats" are evaluated each year. Eminem's made the news because of his celebrity.

I thought the article was funny. They made it sound like the SS actually went through an investigation. I mean just listen to the song listen to a few others and you'll realize he's not serious. Case closed.

nbcrusader said:
And that is what the Secrete Service does. It looks at the "threat" and evaluates the context. We have no idea how many "threats" are evaluated each year. Eminem's made the news because of his celebrity.

:shrug:...I dunno, from hearing Eminem's other songs and stuff, I looked at that line and honestly don't think he's planning on killing Bush anytime soon, so to investigate it at all seems silly to me.

I realize why his made the news. All I'm saying is, I don't think it should've been an issue for the Secret Service to begin with, 'cause it's just a song.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom