Elton john wants.... - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #196
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
AEON, I would think as a seminary student you would want to answer my question. I think this is now the third thread where you have ignored this line of questioning. Is it because you don't know, or you realize the corner you've painted yourself into?
Stop bullying him.....Why can't you just cut and run?

Old 11-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #197
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:58 PM
You're right, thanks for showing the me the way.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

The only band on that list that I don't really listen to is Lush. Just can't really get into them. Mojave 3, to me, is "alt-country," not "shoegazer," since the former Slowdivers purposely went away from the shoegazer genre as Mojave 3. Names aside, my love of ambient music more than makes room for them, even if I don't consider them shoegazer.
I only like about 2 Lush songs...only because they sound like the Cocteau Twins, another favorite.

True about Mojave 3 - but putting them in my Shorgazing playlist helps me from getting the "shoegazing headache."
Old 11-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
AEON, I would think as a seminary student you would want to answer my question. I think this is now the third thread where you have ignored this line of questioning. Is it because you don't know, or you realize the corner you've painted yourself into?
Gosh - you remind me of that little dog from Tom and Jerry. The one yappin' at Butch...

Which question did I not answer this time? I thought the post from wikipedia covered your previous concern just fine.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #200
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Example of PM:

[Q] Oh AEON, you are my hero. You stood up to those gay bullies in FYM.

I have been so scared to post on an internet forum because of them. They might challenge me to view the world differently.

They are so intolorant they do not want to hear the truth. That we love them, but hate the sin.

Amen brother!!!

[/Q]
Dread, that was unnecessary.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 11-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #201
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

Gosh - you remind me of that little dog from Tom and Jerry. The one yappin' at Butch...

Quote:

Which question did I not answer this time? I thought the post from wikipedia covered your previous concern just fine.
The one I copied over three times. If that website answers that question then please show me where.

Quote:
Yes, that's why I asked the question. How does that website prove that Paul knew he was only upholding cultrual law and not God's law by saying that?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #202
War Child

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
I only like about 2 Lush songs...only because they sound like the Cocteau Twins, another favorite.
The Cocteau Twins are kind of funny. They're more properly categorized as "proto-shoegazer," but it's probably just easier to say that they're shoegazer.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

The Cocteau Twins are kind of funny. They're more properly categorized as "proto-shoegazer," but it's probably just easier to say that they're shoegazer.
Yeah - the same could be said with JAMC.

The Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance ruled my music world between JT and Achtung Baby. Achtung Baby made it "safe" to be a U2 fan again.

(Can you hear the My Bloody Valentine influence on Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?)
Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

The one I copied over three times. If that website answers that question then please show me where.

I can't make sense of your question. Can you please re-phrase?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #205
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I can't make sense of your question. Can you please re-phrase?
It's pretty simple, how does that website prove Paul was only talking about cultural law when he states women can't teach men?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

It's pretty simple, how does that website prove Paul was only talking about cultural law when he states women can't teach men?
Didn't I cover this in the "Why Christians Don't Eat Kosher" thread?

How do I post a link to a thread?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #207
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Didn't I cover this in the "Why Christians Don't Eat Kosher" thread?

How do I post a link to a thread?

Just answer the question.

I've asked this question many many times in here and only one person was honest enough to answer it, sadly he no longer posts here.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Just answer the question.

I've asked this question many many times in here and only one person was honest enough to answer it, sadly he no longer posts here.

First, if your friend answered - then why are you asking again?

To summarize, again - God's eternal law is essentially the Ten Commandments. They are unchanging. Almost everything else was written for a specific place and time (such as women teaching in church). Thus, they can and do change.

The question of homosexual behavior boils down to this - is it adultery? (one of the ten commandments). I think it is.

It seems that at least many here are promoting monogamy of some sort (gay or straight). So I can at least see "traces" of the influence of God's eternal law...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #209
War Child

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
The question of homosexual behavior boils down to this - is it adultery? (one of the ten commandments). I think it is.
From a dictionary:

Quote:
adultery–noun, plural -ter‧ies.
voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
Homosexual sex is not adultery, by default. But sure...if you're like former NJ Governor McGreevey and you cheat on your wife with another man, there can be adultery, just as there can be with heterosexual sex.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

First, if your friend answered - then why are you asking again?
His answer is different from yours. He admitted to the contradiction by saying not all of God's laws are easy to follow.

Quote:

To summarize, again - God's eternal law is essentially the Ten Commandments. They are unchanging. Almost everything else was written for a specific place and time (such as women teaching in church). Thus, they can and do change.

It seems that at least many here are promoting monogamy of some sort (gay or straight). So I can at least see "traces" of the influence of God's eternal law...
Nothing in the 10 commandments defines marriage though. So now you are back to your backward logic of forcing homosexuality to be adultery. You just stated anything outside of that is specific to place and time and can change.

But I ask again why would Paul make a point of this? Why do you as a literalist think Paul is just upholding "cultural" law, and other literalist see it as God's law? This is the point I'm getting to that you keep talking around.