Election Day: Play-by-Play Coverage (NEWS ONLY, NO COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Election Day: Play-by-Play Coverage

I figure that someone needs to do some play-by-play of election day, for those of us who will be working, learning, etc and unable to make it to a TV.

And since I thought of it first, I'm making the thread now so that nobody steals my idea. I'll bring it back up on Tuesday. :wink:

Oh, and pax, I know you're thinking this should have gone in the sticky thread up at the top, but I'm inclined to disagree, just because I have a feeling this thread is going to be big. Combined with that one, and it'll push it over 500 posts probably so it'll need to be closed. If you disagree, then by all means you can do whatever you like with this one. :up:

Weeeeeeelllllllllllllllll...

My only concern is that that's sort of what we intended with the sticky thread--instacomments to get us through the next couple of days, right through when we find out the winner.

You know what, though, I think this could work. Here's what I'm going to do: We'll keep this thread for NEWS ONLY--no commentary. Sort of like one of those feeds, you know what I mean.

Commentary can go in the other thread.

Plus, that'll save time for folks who only want the facts. :up:

Does that work for you, Dave? :)

It's raining here in Ohio down on OSU campus...and the line was two hours long!

( I had to leave to make it to work on time but I'm heading back there at 6...I don't care if it's sleet and hail. And yes, I am a first time voter. )

What the news elsewhere? Anything seeming to take shape one way or another yet?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's raining across many of the swing states in the midwest... especially ohio and western pennsylvania... could effect voter turn out, especially with the "unlikely voters," i.e. first time voters. only time will tell.

It's raining across a lot of the country.

I would think that would help Kerry out, seeing as most Bush supporters are rural and would have to travel much farther to a polling station. :up:

historically speaking..
is there any correlation with how the first county in NH at midnight votes w/the ultimate outcome?

db9

Well actually there is, through a fluke statistical anomoly that county has accurately determined either the winner or the looser in every past election.

took me 2 hours to vote - 1 hour outside in drizzle but everyone was in a good mood
Here in eastern MO - cool and grey

ooooooooooooh my...oooooooooooh my...i'm soooooo nervous...less than 4 hours.......my parents said they waited in line for 20 minutes.....at 6:30 in the morning!!!!!!

Exit poll as of 2pm

AZ CO LA PA OH FL MI NM MN WI IA NH
Kerry 45 48 42 60 52 51 51 50 58 52 49 57
Bush 55 51 57 40 48 48 47 48 40 43 49 41

[sorry for the weird formatting]

Last edited:
One pollster in Ohio was attempting to vote and they tried to throw him out.

A report earlier this morning - that a group off Republicans have filed lawsuits in Penn. because some voting machines already had votes on them when the poll workers showed up first thing this morning. (This was not verified as truth by the time I left)
I heard 1300 votes were on the mach's and they were still using the 4 machns in question.
I talked to someone in line while waiting to vote, and she said it was 2000 votes cast before that poll opened. Haven't heard anything else about it since I got back.
Took me 1- ½ hours to vote.
God Bless America... there's got to be another way to upgrade the voting process...

Sharkey's numbers reformatted...

___Kerry____ ____Bush_____

AZ 45 55
CO 48 51
LA 42 57
PA 60 40
OH 52 48
FL 51 48
MI 51 47
NM 50 48
MN 52 43
WI 52 43
IA 49 49
NH 57 41

Looking good so far.

Early exit polls from slate.com

Florida
Kerry 50
Bush 49

Ohio
Kerry 50
Bush 49

Pennsylvania
Kerry 54
Bush 45

Wisconsin
Kerry 51
Bush 46

Michigan
Kerry 51
Bush 47

Minnesota
Kerry 58
Bush 40

Nevada
Kerry 48
Bush 50

New Mexico
Kerry 50
Bush 48

North Carolina
Kerry 49
Bush 51

Colorado
Kerry 46
Bush 53

Other exit-poll results have arrived in more vague form, with Kerry leading Bush in New Hampshire but trailing him in Arizona and Louisiana.

Looks good for Kerry!!! :hyper:

PS -- my numbers are 2pm, Dave's are 4pm so some have not been updated.

Sue -- this news was debunked. The machines had two sets of numbers -- how many people voted THAT DAY and how many voted on that machine EVER. Santorum [is a jackass] was reading the TOTAL EVER numbers. Things have been cleared up and the Sec. of State ruled there was no problem with the machines.

sharky said:
PS -- my numbers are 2pm, Dave's are 4pm so some have not been updated.

Sue -- this news was debunked. The machines had two sets of numbers -- how many people voted THAT DAY and how many voted on that machine EVER. Santorum [is a jackass] was reading the TOTAL EVER numbers. Things have been cleared up and the Sec. of State ruled there was no problem with the machines.

Thank's Sharky. :up:
I was telling the person I was standing in line to vote with that I didn't think this would hold up. That it was a rumor...

6pm exits
Kerry Bush

PA 53 46
FL 51 49
NC 48 52
OH 51 49
MO 46 54
AR 47 53
MI 51 47
NM 50 49
LA 43 56
CO 48 51
AZ 45 55
MN 54 44
WI 52 47
IA 49 49

CNN calling Indiana, Kentucky and Georgia to Bush
Vermont for Kerry
No projection in Virginia or SC

Vermont's not a surprise, at least to me. Sorry if I've just generalized.

edit: oops. sorry. I shouldn't have posted this here. :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom