Election Day: Play-by-Play Coverage (NEWS ONLY, NO COMMENTARY/CHITCHAT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
Bush won Kentucky by a score of 55% to 44%. That's a LOT closer than all the projections were calling.

And the senate race there is reallllllly close -- closer than it should be. Could be a pick-up for Dems.

I'm heading out soon so stick to a TV or someone take over -- six states closing at 8pm EST including Penn. and Florida

EDIT!!!! Sixteen states calling at 8pm not six. Sorry for the confusion. I'm out if someone can pick up at 8pm for all of us.

Last edited:
wtf? Florida is red?

I knew it. Virginia goes to Bush.

Florida and Ohio are looking real weird. I mean it was 51:49 for Kerry 2 hrs ago... lawyers lawyers

medmo said:

now that you mention it, my Aunt Milty is from North Carolina. :wink:

Damn your Aunt Milty. Just kidding. I know, no chit chat or commentary here.

155:112 for Bush

well thats all the midwest. ohio is at a difference of 3/4000 votes at the moment.

At the moment, Bush has 250,000 more votes in Florida.. but Miami/ Northern Miami isn´t in yet.

Don't worry the big blue numbers are yet to come in, it will (as usual) come down to those swing states.

There are three states way out west, California, Oregon, and Washington State, that WILL go to Kerry in a couple hours, and that bring him within 10 or 12 electoral votes of Bush...meaning it WILL all depend on Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota. Which are all very close. This is gonna be a long night.

Also - keep in mind that they haven't even counted the absentee ballots in Florida yet. And Miami Dade hasn't reported in yet (big blue precinct.)

And bingo, California and Washington to Kerry like I just said, it's 207-199 Bush now, and when you factor in Oregon, that's 7 more, making it 207-206 Bush. A dead heat.

First reports in Europe about insecurity of the computer systems in Florida.

other sources:
...last year, some kids “really interested in computers” had clicked onto the unsecured FTP site of the biggest electronic voting machine provider in the USA. One teen helpfully posted the source codes for Diebold voting system and vote counting programs on his top-ranked website, igniting a furor that has yet to subside.

It turns out that Diebold Election Systems’ CEO is Bob Urosevich. His brother Todd founded “rival” ES&S (...)

Howard Ahmanson bankrolled the Urosevich brothers in the vote-counting business. Ahmanson is also a member of the Council for National Policy. (...)

For Washington DC, it seems that about 90% (?!) - an astonishing 90% of votes - go to Kerry. Interesting.

I have a question. (If it's allowable in this thread?)

WHY is Florida the only state that appears to be counting absentee ballots after Nov 2? Just checking on another site and someone has said Florida might not be called until Thursday--Bush's people have been informed by the "the Florida election people" that 65,000 absentee ballots were still to be counted. Yeah. Right. Incidentally, Republicans in Florida claim to have a sig. advantage in absentee votes. Is Florida the ONLY state in the country where absentee votes habitually come in late? (Uh? Jeb?)

If this is true, I find it hard to believe that NO OTHER STATE has outstanding absentee ballots after Election Day. You should be given a date to get your ballot in the mail, therefore it will come in on time (Election Day). It would be up to the local Election commission to notify each resident, wherever they are. After that, it should be null and void. If Florida still has to be counted, then other states should still have to counted too.

I understand people in Floruda wanting to be cautious, but the laws should have been updated to make things more equal....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom