Edwards has me confused - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2004, 04:33 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:09 AM
U2Kitten, to be fair, the Republicans do that as well... John McCain for example, though he is still unruly...

Old 10-26-2004, 04:34 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky

If a camp is the only evidence you need, I know there was at least one in an apartment building in Florida where Atta and Co. were renting space. So that means the U.S. supported the 9/11 terrorists. Oh wait, does it not count if they didn't make tents with the furniture and blankets laying around.

A camp isn't always a tent with sleeping bags in the desert.
You and anitram really are stretching now with the comparison to Atta living in the US. The suggestion is laughable, but in todays pre-election environment, not unexpected.

Face it - you don't want to know the truth of a connection.

You only want to keep the bully point that refutes the idea of a connection between Iraq and 9/11. That is how the administration responded to the question.

Saddam supported terrorism (publicly against Israel).

He either supported or turned a blind eye to al Qaeda.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Well guys to be fair see the last sentence in my post which said that not only Edwards, everyone who does that! See, it's there.

And I really do not have much respect for any politician anyway.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Face it - you don't want to know the truth of a connection.
You know nothing about what I want to know. Who are you to tell me how I feel? Stop projecting, it's offensive and unbecoming and presumptuous. When you assume, you make an ass....
Old 10-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #20
New Yorker

You said despite not having an official permit for camps, Iraq supported al Qaeda. al Qaeda had camps here in the U.S. -- by your logic, despite not having an official permit for camps, the U.S. supported al Qaeda.

You said "Saddam either supported or turned a blind eye to al Qaeda." According to who? The 9/11 commsion said there was no connection between the two. But let's go with your argument that Saddam turned a blind eye to al Qaeda. Since Bush decided to attack Saddam in Iraq and moved troops away from al Qaeda in Afghanistan, does that mean he is turning a blind eye to al Qaeda?

And Bush continues to turn a blind eye to the fact that Saudi Arabia has in fact supported terrorists and we have proof of that. In fact, Bush classified 20 pages of a report that said as much. Does that mean he's turning a blind eye to al Qaeda by not releasing that information? According to your argument, the answer is yes.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

You know nothing about what I want to know. Who are you to tell me how I feel? Stop projecting, it's offensive and unbecoming and presumptuous. When you assume, you make an ass....
Get defensive all you want. You've done your fair share of "projecting" in your posts. But, if the shoe fits.....
Old 10-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
al Qaeda had camps here in the U.S.
This statement is ludicrous. You've done a far better job supporting your positions than relying on this attempted analogy.

Quote:
But let's go with your argument that Saddam turned a blind eye to al Qaeda. Since Bush decided to attack Saddam in Iraq and moved troops away from al Qaeda in Afghanistan, does that mean he is turning a blind eye to al Qaeda?
Again, not much more than a Kerry talking point. If, from your knowledge of military strategy, come to the conclusion that we have moved too many troops from Afghanistan to Iraq - lets discuss that point.

Quote:
And Bush continues to turn a blind eye to the fact that Saudi Arabia has in fact supported terrorists and we have proof of that. In fact, Bush classified 20 pages of a report that said as much. Does that mean he's turning a blind eye to al Qaeda by not releasing that information? According to your argument, the answer is yes.
The logical connection between my statements and the classification of documents isn't there. But, for the sake of discussion, let's take a look at Saudi. We've known of problems in that country for many years (we can safely predate GWB for that). We don't touch Saudi for many other reasons - including oil, Middle East stability and the fact that Islam considers Saudi soil the most holy - tough it and you have Jihad across the globe.

What do you think is the right approach in dealing with Saudi?