Edwards endorses Obama!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ntalwar said:

Na, you're wrong. Listen closely. "...who will kill people to achieve their political objectives...". The US military does not have political objectives.

But who is it that's doing the killing? It's got to be the troops, right?

2861U2 said:

Ever heard of Slobodan Milošević? How many people did he pull the trigger on?

It's not a shock that Edwards waited to fall in line behind the obvious Democratic nominee. Good timing with the announcement though.

As for Olbermann...well...I enjoy his program. It's clear he's a hatchetman for the MoveOn crowd, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with every night. And for MSNBC to choose Olbermann and Chris Matthews to chair their election coverage, it's an interesting decision by the network.

I wish the Edwards endorsement had been the other way around...Obama endorsing my favorite candidate, Edwards. JRE will forever be my dog in the hunt, although I DO like Obama now too. I just still wish Edwards had stayed in the race and won the nomination.

As for Olbermann, the man is a God among men and that Special Comment was beyond words. He is truly our Edward R. Murrow, at a time when we most need one.

Diane L said:

As for Olbermann, the man is a God among men and that Special Comment was beyond words. He is truly our Edward R. Murrow, at a time when we most need one.

Yes indeed. He's genius. As Stephanie Miller says...
"Keith Olbermann, my future husband" I will fight you for him Steph!:lol: He is someone who speaks our hearts with brains, wit, and humor. What more could a girl want?:drool:

Diane L said:

A God among men? He is a liar, a total partisan and a far-left tool posing as a journalist.

In the words of Glenn Beck, "Edward R. Murrow would despise Keith Olbermann."

2861U2 said:

A God among men? He is a liar, a total partisan and a far-left tool posing as a journalist.

Liar and partisan tool posing as a jorurnalist, and then quoting Glen Beck in the same post...

Classic :lmao:

you never cease to entertain.

2861U2 said:

you don't see the irony here?

Glenn Beck?

yes, Olbermann is totally partisan, and he is the best hatchet-man the Left has.

but the right wing hatchet-men/women outnumber him 5 to 1. don't fool yourself -- Laura Ingraham is absolutely no different than Olbermann.

2861U2 said:

Wrong. I'm sorry to dredge this up again, but you are wrong. Watch Olbermann's post-script to that special comment, given a week later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dKVsI43xF9k&feature=related

He was absolutely clearly referring to the administration/cabinet/blackwater, not the military. There is no room for misinterpretation, especially after this post-script.

And I find it comical that you call Laura Ingram's response 'amazing'. She spends more time cracking lame jokes about how msnbc needs to get Olbermann medical help than she does actually responding to the substance of his speech. He said so much, and all she(and the rest of the right-wing talking-heads) can do is take this one line and twist it and manipulate it to mean what they want to it to mean so they can have a reason to attack the guy. She was trying more to be funny and get a reaction than anything else, and she came across as painfully unfunny.

Don't ever call him a partisan hack when all you can respond with are people like Bill O'Reilly(I don't care how many times he says he's independent, he's clearly a conservative - and did you know he played semi-professional baseball when he was young and tried out unsuccessfully for the New York Mets? So much for discrediting Olbermann because he used to be a sports guy), Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter(what a despicable person she is), etc etc. They are all as or more partisan than Olbermann.

I'm not going to sit here and say Olbermann isn't partisan. I'm just going to say that it's no reason to to discredit him as a journalist. Outside of NPR, and even sometimes there, any political journalist who claims to be completely objective is a liar, imo. You can't be a functioning member of society without having certain ideas and feelings about the way the country should be run. If you're actually objective and have no opinion, you shouldn't be in this line of work. Of course Olbermann is partisan, they are all partisan, but that alone, like I said, is no reason to discredit them. I don't discredit O'Reilly for being partisan, I discredit him for always supporting Bush and this war but refusing to own up to being a conservative, and for being suffocatingly self-righteous. I don't discredit Rush Limbaugh for being partisan, I discredit him for being a lunatic. I don't discredit Ann Coulter for being partisan, I discredit her for being a clearly hateful spirit intent on saying the nastiest things she can think of about others in an attempt to mask the obvious loathing she has her herself. You get the idea.

And how you can listen to his articulate, detailed, passionate 'special comment' and think he's an idiot afterwards is beyond me.

Last edited:
So much for discrediting Olbermann because he used to be a sports guy

When did I ever say that?

They are all as or more partisan than Olbermann.

We disagree then. NO ONE is more partisan than Olbermann. He is the most intellectually dishonest person in the media today.

I'm just going to say that it's no reason to to discredit him as a journalist.

I've seen nothing that would make me ever believe Olbermann is a journalist. He is an entertainer. He is NOT a journalist. If you want to talk about twisting people's words and manipulation, that is all Olbermann does. That is not journalism. Just the other day, he made John McCain his worst person in the world because he wasn't supporting a GI bill. Well you know why he wasn't? Because it wasn't doing ENOUGH for the troops. McCain supports a much, much better bill, yet Olbermann made McCain look terrible. That's good, respectable journalism? I think not.

Here's another excellent example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PV1jq7xZYcI

I discredit him for always supporting Bush and this war

WOW.

CLEARLY you don't watch the show. O'Reilly has criticized Bush and the war countless times and has said it has been terribly mismanaged. He's said if we could go back in time, we never should have gone in. Your statement couldn't be more incorrect.

And how you can listen to his articulate, detailed, passionate 'special comment' and think he's an idiot afterwards is beyond me.

I don't care if it was "passionate." He's a liar and an irresponsible reporter. That is why he is an idiot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom