eating dogs / sex with animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, dont forget, that was said by a fella who ate...other humans. Yummy yummy yummy!!!!
And of course its totally acceptable, seeing as we can eat whatever and whomever we want, and can kill and rape whomever we want, because, after all, we shouldnt pass judgement on others, now!!

Originally posted by Bono's pet Frog:
Can I ask, What are we supposed to do with the over-population of dogs?
I mean, they do cost money for up-keep, and I doubht the dog pounds can afford to keep them.

Well, we have the exact same problem with people, but we dont chuck them into the rendering plant.

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Oh, dont forget, that was said by a fella who ate...other humans. Yummy yummy yummy!!!!
And of course its totally acceptable, seeing as we can eat whatever and whomever we want, and can kill and rape whomever we want, because, after all, we shouldnt pass judgement on others, now!!

::SIGH::
No, I was not glorifying cannibals, I was just trying to scare Lurk. And really, Miss MAcPhisto, there are hundreds of questions in the thread where I have questioned your argument of 'we shouldn't pass judgement on others, now!!' But conveniently, you don't answer them.

There is no real point in debating with you, because all you do is return to the supposedly sarcastic attitude about 'oh, but we shouldn't judge people, should we? Nothing we do can be wrong, is it?', which, by this point, has gotten really predictable. That's not an insult, its a fact.

What annoys me is that you are so militant when it comes to animals, but there's a thread right now discussing whether or not people are justified in killing members of their family in the name of religious customs; I wish you'd feel just as passionate about humans as you do about animals.

Ant.

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Well, we have the exact same problem with people, but we dont chuck them into the rendering plant.

Of course, humans are exactly the same as animals. Lets all protect the rights of sea-plankton now, make sure we don't chuck them into the rendering plant. Oh, and don't forget the squiddies....

Give me a break.

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
what bullshit. To all those who think that eating animals is immoral, watch 'THE LION KING', as it is a cartoon you'll probably understand it. In my opinion, anyone who preaches about the evils of a natural diet should be taken out onto the street and beaten to death.

Ant.

This is not insulting, eh?? Diplomatic,huh? Interesting.
rolleyes.gif

Of course, humans are exactly the same as animals. Lets all protect the rights of sea-plankton now, make sure we don't chuck them into the rendering plant. Oh, and don't forget the squiddies....

Give me a break.

Ant.
Sea plankton...do not have beating hearts, big difference. And i nevre said it is possible to eliminate all forms of cruelty. Everytime we breathe, we kill lifeforms. But those lifeforms dont contain blood, bone, flesh, brains, and hearts.
What i'm saying is we shouldnt inflict cruelty when it isnt vital to do so. Breathing is. Eating cats and dogs...isnt.

::SIGH::
No, I was not glorifying cannibals, I was just trying to scare Lurk. And really, Miss MAcPhisto, there are hundreds of questions in the thread where I have questioned your argument of 'we shouldn't pass judgement on others, now!!'

Ant.

I know you werent glorifying cannibals.
And i thought YOU and a few others here were the ones who were arguing that we shouldnt judge people just due to different beliefs, etc.
Some cultures, well, ALL cultures, really, are uncivil, brainless, and barbaric in various ways, and its up to those who know better to point out the error in their ways.
When you observe any culture intentionally and unnecessarily inflicting severe cruelty on humans or animals, or destroying the environment, you'd damn well better care and at least TRY to do something about it, instead of shrugging, smiling politely, and turning the other cheek. if you dont, one day, youll be screaming for help on a city street corner but no one will come to your aid as it isnt their problem

I guess Foray is probably cringing out loud by now at the mess this thread has become, but anyway:

To me, the question of whether eating animals (be they cattle, horses, or indeed cats and dogs - really there is no difference) is morally wrong, is a tricky one. In and of itself, I would say no, not if we are consuming this meat for sustenance. People can choose a vegetarian diet as an alternative, and good luck to them.

But the key issue appears to be cruelty. All higher mammals at least (which is what we are talking about essentially) can experience distress. That's pretty self-evident. The way an animal is raised and slaughtered is important, if we consider suffering to be repugnant (and I do). But, the actual use of that animal after death (for food etc) is a question of wisdom. Humans are animals too, but we have the advantage of higher consciousness. We can choose, but I do not see that this fact makes any particular dietry choice right or wrong. I guess what I am arguing here is the old notion that humans have a kind of stewardship over other species. That can and has been abused (eg. some species of elephant hunted almost to extinction for their ivory), but use and abuse are not necessarily the same thing.

As for cats and dogs, certainly they are cute. But if - if - the consumption of beef, lamb, pork etc. is acceptable, then I cannot see the difference. All of the above species have been domesticated by humans, albeit for varying purposes in different cultures. Would I like to eat cat? Probably not. But that is a matter of taste, not morality.

Originally posted by Bono's pet Frog:
Can I ask, What are we supposed to do with the over-population of dogs?
I mean, they do cost money for up-keep, and I doubht the dog pounds can afford to keep them.

EAT them, of course.
smile.gif

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom