eating dogs / sex with animals - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2002, 07:08 PM   #46
Banned

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klodomir:
I'm not someone who will eat anything that moves, but like I said, I have eaten horse, so I must be a freak. [This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 01-19-2002).]
Yes, you must have a geranium in the cranium if you actually felt it necessary to eat a horse

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-19-2002).]

Old 01-19-2002, 07:30 PM   #47
Banned

And I dont know much about the history of cows and chickens, but I DO know they were NOT created as companions for mankind, and they arent carnivores, and that, among other things, makes it much worse to eat dogs and cats as opposed to chickens and turkeys,etc.

Old 01-19-2002, 08:31 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
And I dont know much about the history of cows and chickens, but I DO know they were NOT created as companions for mankind, and they arent carnivores, and that, among other things, makes it much worse to eat dogs and cats as opposed to chickens and turkeys,etc.

Chickens, like most birds, eat insects; that could be construed as meat.

Ant.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:20 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Horse meat is not uncommon in places I've visited in Europe. France and Switzerland to name a few. They're "freaks" now?
Old 01-20-2002, 05:09 PM   #50
you are what you is

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Miss MacPhisto,
I probably should leave this thread alone and let it go away, but I wanted you to know (should you ever read this again) that if you ever again use a thread to insult other people with lines such as "Yes, you must have a geranium in the cranium" and other shit you have been posting in here instead of discussing things with them that yu don't agree on I will ask Elvis to ban your account

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 01-20-2002, 05:18 PM   #51
Banned

Oh, so its perfectly alright if they insult me, eh????????
Old 01-20-2002, 05:21 PM   #52
Banned

IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN
And yes, please do leave this thread alone.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:26 PM   #53
Banned

SHE ASKED FOR MY OPINION, AND I GAVE IT. ACTUALLY SHE ASKED IF I THOUGHT SHE WAS A FREAK. WOULD YOU PREFER I HAD SAID "YES, YOU ARE?" ???????????? WELL I DIDNT, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL IN THIS CASE. I THOUGHT WHAT I DID SAY WOULD SOUND SILLY AND LAUGHABLE,AND IF SOMEONE HAD SAID THAT TO ME, AFTER I HAD ASKED THEIR OPINION, I WOULD MERELY ROLL MY EYES AND THINK UP A SMART ASS REPLY BACK AT THEM.
ONCE AGAIN, IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR MY OPINION, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO GIVE IT.
I FIGURED WHAT I SAID WAS ******MUCH****** LESS INSULTING THAN ACTUALLY REPLYING, "YES,YOU ARE A FREAK" .
I DID NOT INSULT HER FIRST. I DID NOT USE THIS THREAD TO INSULT HER. YOU ARE PARANOID IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT I WAS ORIGINALLY INTENTIONALLY INSULTING WERE ANY SOUTH KOREANS, OR OTHERS, THAT EAT DOGS AND CATS. THOSE WERE THE ONES I WAS AIMING AT. DONT TWIST THIS INTO ANYTHING ELSE.
ONCE AGAIN, IF SHE DID NOT ASK FOR MY OPINION, I WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IT. IS THAT CLEAR NOW?????????????????
What exactly was i supposed to do, ignore her question? Or lie? If someone goes around eating horses when they do not have to, yes, i do believe there is something wrong there. If you dont like that, do NOT ask me what I think.

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-20-2002).]
Old 01-20-2002, 08:17 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
SHE ASKED FOR MY OPINION, AND I GAVE IT. ACTUALLY SHE ASKED IF I THOUGHT SHE WAS A FREAK. WOULD YOU PREFER I HAD SAID "YES, YOU ARE?" ???????????? WELL I DIDNT, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL IN THIS CASE. I THOUGHT WHAT I DID SAY WOULD SOUND SILLY AND LAUGHABLE,AND IF SOMEONE HAD SAID THAT TO ME, AFTER I HAD ASKED THEIR OPINION, I WOULD MERELY ROLL MY EYES AND THINK UP A SMART ASS REPLY BACK AT THEM.
ONCE AGAIN, IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR MY OPINION, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO GIVE IT.
I FIGURED WHAT I SAID WAS ******MUCH****** LESS INSULTING THAN ACTUALLY REPLYING, "YES,YOU ARE A FREAK" .
I DID NOT INSULT HER FIRST. I DID NOT USE THIS THREAD TO INSULT HER. YOU ARE PARANOID IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT I WAS ORIGINALLY INTENTIONALLY INSULTING WERE ANY SOUTH KOREANS, OR OTHERS, THAT EAT DOGS AND CATS. THOSE WERE THE ONES I WAS AIMING AT. DONT TWIST THIS INTO ANYTHING ELSE.
ONCE AGAIN, IF SHE DID NOT ASK FOR MY OPINION, I WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN IT. IS THAT CLEAR NOW?????????????????
Aha. Anyhow, I don't recall anybody insulting you, Miss MacPhisto, if anything I think nearly everybody was trying to be diplomatic. By the way, do you realise that including South Koreans (or North Koreans for that matter), Chinese, Indonesians etc. there are quite a few millions who DO eat cats and dogs? I guess they're all freaks because you decree it.

Ant.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:23 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:33 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to get out of hand. I think Miss Macphisto has a big heart toward animals and so this fuels her passionate outbursts in her posts. While the other folks here just want to look at the intellectual side of the issue. There's no one to blame, it's just two diametrically opposed stands.

foray
Old 01-20-2002, 11:45 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by foray:
Sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to get out of hand. I think Miss Macphisto has a big heart toward animals and so this fuels her passionate outbursts in her posts. While the other folks here just want to look at the intellectual side of the issue. There's no one to blame, it's just two diametrically opposed stands.

foray
I agree completely with you foray - and I agree totally with Miss MacPhisto's views. I too think it is barbaric that dogs and cats are killed senselessly due to overpopulation. I too would never eat one. And even though I am a scientist, I have worked hard to NOT kill animals directly because of my research.

However, I also feel that Miss MacPhisto is taking my comments, as well as others, far too personally. She says that she doesn't take these issues lightly. And who said that she ever did? Certainly not me.

Rather, I was using the term "we" not as an indication of Miss MacPhisto's views and actions, but that of our entire society. While Miss MacPhisto may find it appalling, the fact is, hundreds of thousands of animals are slaughtered each year in the U.S. due to overpopulation and neglect. We have to do more than just say how appalling this is - we have to take action. If you can't care for a pet, DO NOT GET ONE! A pet is not a toy that you can put on a shelf when you grow tired of it. For most dogs and cats, this is a 10 to 20 year commitment, if not more. If you can't make that commitment, DO NOT GET A PET! If you do get a pet, have it vaccinated - yearly. Neuter your pet. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt and it often makes your pet far more controlable. Love it, give it attention. And if, for some God-forsaken reason, you must give up your pet, don't just toss it out into the wild, thinking it will survive. These animals have become overly domesticated - they won't survive in the wild.

So while I agree with Miss MacPhisto and I have the same huge heart for animals, the fact is cruelty is all around us. To simply say, "Well, it's barbaric" is not the answer. There are things we can do - including opening our own minds to other possibilities and cultures. If these beautiful creatures MUST be killed, far better for them to serve as food or HUMANE research animals, so that their lives had meaning. At least give these animals that dignity - don't just snobbishly state how anyone who dares to eat horse is a "freak."
Old 01-21-2002, 01:02 AM   #57
Refugee

Miss Macphisto,
You are not alone!!Dogs and cats and pigs for that matter are special and Holy animals. Cows would probably be extinct if it were not for human intervention. Dogs and cats would certainly survive. Dogs and cats and other domestic animals are truly loving. I think all animals are beautiful but to eat domesticaterd animals is inhumane, thoughtless, and cold. Most people do not want to pay attention to such acts because it hurts to much to think about.

As a country, we are constructively trying control our animal overpopulation. Maybe we are not there yet...but one day we will be a lot closer and in the meantime it is not right to eat them. My God, domesticated animals...should be deemed sacred.

I know how exasperating it is to argue an issue that is so close to your heart. But one always has to speak out for injustices.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:57 AM   #58
you are what you is

Quote:
What exactly was i supposed to do, ignore her question? Or lie? If someone goes around eating horses when they do not have to, yes, i do believe there is something wrong there. If you dont like that, do NOT ask me what I think.
I only quoted one sentence of the vile, insulting stuff you've been spewing around in this thread

I don't care about the current topic, I don't care how passionate you are re this topic, I don't think it's normal to talk this way to other people (I won't call it discussing)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-20-2002).]
Old 01-21-2002, 06:58 AM   #59
Refugee

Oh, I'm alright, and since we have had this discussion before, I knew that I would be at the receiving end of quite some venom. It doesn't hurt me. I certainly don't doubt Miss MacPhisto's love for animals, it's just a shame that she is such a hothead, because she's not going to win anyone over with that attitude.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:03 AM   #60
The Fly

Can I ask, What are we supposed to do with the over-population of dogs?
I mean, they do cost money for up-keep, and I doubht the dog pounds can afford to keep them.