Earn Your Good Behavior Days - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Earn Your Good Behavior Days

Husband Accused Of Forcing Wife To Have Sex Contract

Quote:
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- An Iowa man is accused of kidnapping his wife, and prosecutors allege he devised a marriage contract to establish what his wife was to do, and when she was to do it.

Travis Frey, 33, is accused, among other things, of giving his wife chances to win "good behavior days."

Frey is already charged with first-degree kidnapping, which is a crime punishable by life in prison without parole. Frey also faces a charge of domestic assault causing bodily injury on his wife.

"The allegations are that he confined and subjected his wife to sexual abuse," said Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber.

According to court records, Frey's wife told police her husband tied her to their bed with a rope and sexually assaulted her at least three times. Frey's wife also provided police with an alleged "marriage contract," which was entitled "Contract of Wifely Expectations." In it, Frey allegedly gave his wife chances to earn "good behavior days" -- or GBDs -- by complying with certain demands, such as hygiene and self-care. "You will shave every third day," the contract states. "You will be naked within 20 minutes of the kids being in bed."

The document spells out how many points can be earned by performing certain sex acts.
How does this suddenly show up in a relationship? Can this guy really cover his sickness so well?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
BAW
The Flower

Here is the actual contract:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...l?link=rssfeed

Old 02-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Sounds like a real winner.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

This is terrible.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
She's the One

Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

How does this suddenly show up in a relationship? Can this guy really cover his sickness so well?
I don't understand the question. Are you intimating that the wife knew about this before she married him?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:05 PM
It's good the wife had the courage to go to the police. If the husband goes to jail, he'll probably change his ways soon enough!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I don't understand the question. Are you intimating that the wife knew about this before she married him?
I'm not suggesting she knew and consented to the contract - she says she didn't. My question is along the lines of how does a person develop a relationship while hiding these expectations. Does someone wake up one day and say "the rules of the relationship have changed"?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 PM
With all the stories in the news it sure seems like women can marry men and have no idea of what they are truly like and capable of. Men like that are quite adept at putting on a good act. Scott Peterson was, Neil Entwistle probably was. Those are only two examples among many.

The sad thing is, there are many women involved in this type of "sex contract" relationship to a lesser degree, but it is still degrading and manipulative and they are controlled in many other ways.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:05 PM
He was probably controlling all along. There's always a new criticism or rule with that type of person.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:05 AM
While I'd be wary of drawing too many analogies between this man and a more conventional wife-beater, I wonder if there might be some instructive parallels there. Very often, that sort of violence starts out with an isolated slap or shove in response to perceived uncooperativeness, then snowballs both physically and psychologically into a much more involved obsession with controlling the wife's behavior, calling all her social contacts into question, suspecting her wanting to take classes or have a job is all part of some subversive strategy to break free, etc.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Re: Re: Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

Quote:

I'm not suggesting she knew and consented to the contract - she says she didn't. My question is along the lines of how does a person develop a relationship while hiding these expectations. Does someone wake up one day and say "the rules of the relationship have changed"?
That's what I'm wondering.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #12
Refugee

Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

Quote:

You have no basis to claim anything about their relationship to be sudden. Spousal abuse is a long, slow process that starts in very subtle and seemingly harmless ways...many women initially feel loved and protected by jealous and possessive tendancies...and can escalate over time (and dimishing self-esteem and support systems) to this type of thing.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Perhaps there were elements of control that were slowly pressed on his wife. Showing up with a written document strikes me as a sudden change.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:05 AM
That is just terrible
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Refugee

Quote:
Showing up with a written document strikes me as a sudden change.
Perhaps they were living most of that long before he wrote it down. Maybe she asked him to write it down so she'd have a solid case against him and ensure the custody and safety of her children.