Earn Your Good Behavior Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Husband Accused Of Forcing Wife To Have Sex Contract

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- An Iowa man is accused of kidnapping his wife, and prosecutors allege he devised a marriage contract to establish what his wife was to do, and when she was to do it.

Travis Frey, 33, is accused, among other things, of giving his wife chances to win "good behavior days."

Frey is already charged with first-degree kidnapping, which is a crime punishable by life in prison without parole. Frey also faces a charge of domestic assault causing bodily injury on his wife.

"The allegations are that he confined and subjected his wife to sexual abuse," said Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber.

According to court records, Frey's wife told police her husband tied her to their bed with a rope and sexually assaulted her at least three times. Frey's wife also provided police with an alleged "marriage contract," which was entitled "Contract of Wifely Expectations." In it, Frey allegedly gave his wife chances to earn "good behavior days" -- or GBDs -- by complying with certain demands, such as hygiene and self-care. "You will shave every third day," the contract states. "You will be naked within 20 minutes of the kids being in bed."

The document spells out how many points can be earned by performing certain sex acts.

How does this suddenly show up in a relationship? Can this guy really cover his sickness so well?

It's good the wife had the courage to go to the police. If the husband goes to jail, he'll probably change his ways soon enough!

Re: Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

martha said:
I don't understand the question. Are you intimating that the wife knew about this before she married him?

I'm not suggesting she knew and consented to the contract - she says she didn't. My question is along the lines of how does a person develop a relationship while hiding these expectations. Does someone wake up one day and say "the rules of the relationship have changed"?

With all the stories in the news it sure seems like women can marry men and have no idea of what they are truly like and capable of. Men like that are quite adept at putting on a good act. Scott Peterson was, Neil Entwistle probably was. Those are only two examples among many.

The sad thing is, there are many women involved in this type of "sex contract" relationship to a lesser degree, but it is still degrading and manipulative and they are controlled in many other ways.

He was probably controlling all along. There's always a new criticism or rule with that type of person.

While I'd be wary of drawing too many analogies between this man and a more conventional wife-beater, I wonder if there might be some instructive parallels there. Very often, that sort of violence starts out with an isolated slap or shove in response to perceived uncooperativeness, then snowballs both physically and psychologically into a much more involved obsession with controlling the wife's behavior, calling all her social contacts into question, suspecting her wanting to take classes or have a job is all part of some subversive strategy to break free, etc.

Re: Re: Re: Earn Your Good Behavior Days

nbcrusader said:

I'm not suggesting she knew and consented to the contract - she says she didn't. My question is along the lines of how does a person develop a relationship while hiding these expectations. Does someone wake up one day and say "the rules of the relationship have changed"?

That's what I'm wondering.

nbcrusader said:

How does this suddenly show up in a relationship? Can this guy really cover his sickness so well?

You have no basis to claim anything about their relationship to be sudden. Spousal abuse is a long, slow process that starts in very subtle and seemingly harmless ways...many women initially feel loved and protected by jealous and possessive tendancies...and can escalate over time (and dimishing self-esteem and support systems) to this type of thing.

Perhaps there were elements of control that were slowly pressed on his wife. Showing up with a written document strikes me as a sudden change.

nbcrusader said:
Showing up with a written document strikes me as a sudden change.

Perhaps they were living most of that long before he wrote it down. Maybe she asked him to write it down so she'd have a solid case against him and ensure the custody and safety of her children.

I'm going to go with the assumption that this guy has always been controlling - and once they know they can control you, there's no stopping them from making up some hideous contract :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom