Duke University Suspends Entire Lacrosse Team Due To Rape Allegation - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:13 PM
it is very strange... the entire time the team captians have stated that in the end the evidence will vindicate them. and there's been no reports of anyone caving and turning in other teammates as of yet... and it's been a month. i've never been on a team in my life where every single player gets along... so you would think in almost a month someone would have ratted someone out, if only out of dislike for the person. but that hasn't happened.

it's very strange, and it seems to be a lot more complicated than what the original story stated. and something about that e-mail just doesn't sit right with me... the kid would have to be one sick sadistic fuck to have sent an e-mail like that out half an hour after being involved in a rape.

i'm very interested to see the results of the DNA testing now...

another question/comment, sort of on topic but sort of not...

i'm not pointing this at anyone in particular on this board, but more so to the overall feelings of the public at large...

kobe bryant and duke lacrosse... when the kobe story broke the overwellming feeling in the media and public opinion was that he was being railroaded by a promiscuous teenager looking to make a quick buck... even though there was DNA evidence linking kobe to the crime, the girl was well off, and kobe has been shown to be an absolute egomaniac, and rape is a crime of power/ego, not sex...

and then the same media and same public have already convicted the members of the duke lacrosse team, without any DNA evidence yet to be presented, and the victim is a poor stripper.

now i know full well that anyone can be raped, regardless of class, race, sexual promiscuity (sp?), etc. etc. but i just find it strange and maybe a little sad that, with more evidence present, people completely wrote off the kobe rape with the bullshit, sexual based "he's a superstar he can get anyone he wants why would he need to rape anyone" yet have completely jumped all over the duke lacrosse team while the evidence has still yet to be fully collected.

but then again everyone thought mike tyson was guilty immediately, even though his fame was double that of kobe's, just because mike has been known to be a bit of a looney.

i know it will be tough and damned near impossible to do... but i would really like it if rape cases would be kept out of the public eye until all of the police investigation can be fully completed... so that we don't allow the court of public opinion to sway the decision either way before it's even brought to trial. maybe then we can finally get a fair trial for both the victim and the alleged attacker.

perhaps some legislation needs to be passed with stricter penalties for those who leak information on rape cases to the press... jail time, large fines... that way victims can feel more comfortable coming forward, while at the same time we don't rip a person to shreds who may, in fact, be innocent. i dunno.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

I always thought Kobe Bryant was a total scumbag.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:19 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Not a single DNA match....
Old 04-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I always thought Kobe Bryant was a total scumbag.
Me too.

But I'm not real fond of most jocks anyway.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #65
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
DURHAM, N.C. -- DNA testing failed to connect any members of the Duke University men's lacrosse team to the alleged sexual assault of an exotic dancer, attorneys for some of the players said Monday.

Citing DNA test results delivered by the state crime lab to police and prosecutors a few hours earlier, the attorneys said the test results prove their clients did not sexually assault and beat a dancer hired to perform at a March 13 team party.

No charges have been filed in the case.

"No DNA material from any young man was present on the body of this complaining woman," defense attorney Wade Smith said.

The alleged victim, a 27-year-old student at nearby North Carolina Central University, told police she and another woman were hired to dance at the party. The woman told police that three men at the party dragged her into a bathroom, choked her and sexually assaulted her.

Authorities ordered 46 of the 47 players on Duke's lacrosse team to submit DNA samples to investigators. Because the woman said her attackers were white, the team's sole black player was not tested.

District Attorney Mike Nifong stopped speaking with reporters last week after initially talking openly about the case, including stating publicly that he was confident a crime occurred. He went on to say he would have other evidence to make his case should the DNA analysis prove inconclusive or fail to match a member of the team.

Smith said Nifong now has the evidence needed to change his mind.

"He doesn't have to do it," Smith said of filing charges. "He is a man with discretion. He doesn't have to do it, and we hope that he won't."

On Sunday, Bill Thomas, an attorney for one of the Duke players, said time-stamped photographs will show the alleged victim was already injured and "very impaired" when she arrived the March 13 party.

Thomas said some of the photographs show extensive bruises and scrapes on her legs, especially around the knees.

The lacrosse team's season was called off last week, and coach Mike Pressler resigned.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #66
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
But I'm not real fond of most jocks anyway.
may i ask why?
Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Wow.

On a side note, did the stripper have a bodyguard with her? Don't most strippers bring some sort of protection with them?
Old 04-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Wow.

On a side note, did the stripper have a bodyguard with her? Don't most strippers bring some sort of protection with them?
No.....Not all the time.

A stripper that came to my friends Bachelor Party a number of years ago was murdered about two months later going home from a party.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 PM

still the DA was confident he could prove his case without DNA evidence. We'll see... We don't even know exactly what happened to her There is more than one way to rape someone.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

i have only dealt with strippers (female ones) outside of a bar once in my life, and i was shocked to see them arrive and leave with no protection (though it wouldn't have surprised me if they had a firearm somewhere with their stuff).
Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #71
Blue Crack Distributor

this woman claimed that she got her bruises from the rape at the party, and that she was sexually assaulted... not with a foreign object but by the duke players themselves...

and now, unless the lawyers are lying, there are photographs that show the woman to already have the bruises when she first arrived at the house, as well as no DNA linking any of the Duke players to the crime.

if the DA was so confident that he could prove rape after the DNA tests, one would think he had something... a hair, semen, skin, etc.... anything that would test positve for DNA... otherwise why get the DNA samples?

this woman may still have been raped. but it's looking more and more like either someone else was at that party (which is unlikely because why would the team put their entire season at risk in order to protect someone who wasn't even on the team), that she had been drinking heavily, was raped earlier in the evening and was so inebriated that she did not recall when and who raped her, or that she's making the entire thing up.

or the duke player's attorneys are lying... and that doesn't seem very likely.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:13 PM
In college my sorority used to hire a male stripper every year before school started. (don't ask. ) Every guy that came to the house came with a body guard/driver who never left. It seems like a safe(r) practice.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #73
Blue Crack Distributor

not that i know anything about strippers... but any establishment of "class" would send their workers out with a bodyguard. if they arrive with no bodyguard, one would assume they were from a low end establishment, and/or working on their own.

not that i, uh, would know that...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:13 PM
No DNA Match in Duke Scandal
Old 04-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

may i ask why?