Dukakis Redux?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Photo Ops gone bad

Dukakis_tank.jpg

072904kerryphoto.jpg

Nice little battle over who asked for the NASA pictures and who "released" them.

Substantively, it doesn't mean a thing. But we live in an image conscious society with a short attention span for words....

Last edited:
image conscious society

:hmm:

Bush-monkey.gif

Or, on a more serious note:
vstory.bush.banner.afp.jpg

So, if his mission is accomplished, does that mean he goes away now?

:mac:

:p

Marty (for every dumb Kerry picture there's a dumb Bush picture and vice versa)

I didn't bother looking up the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" picture to post because I knew someone else would. ;)

Thanks, Marty!

And another difference...

Kerry is running against dubya...not anywhere near in popularity to what Reagan was.

Anyone else think Kerry looks like an oompah loompah in the TV part of the Willy Wonka film?

I hate politics like this. The tank photo killed his chances at being president. I wish I were working one of these campaigns.

The aid who allowed this photo-op should be fired.

zoney! said:
And another difference...

Kerry is running against dubya...not anywhere near in popularity to what Reagan was.

Anyone else think Kerry looks like an oompah loompah in the TV part of the Willy Wonka film?

oompaLoompa.jpg

For me, someone not taking themselves so seriously all the time is a quality that I like (Talking about Kerry, not Dukakis. I don't know much about Dukakis, I was only two during that election). Unfortunately I am not the average voter :wink:

Actually I think Willie Horton did Dukakis a lot more damage than the funny helmet.

I pine for the good old days when winners and losers were picked by subtler signs, like a five-o'clock-shadow, bobbing adam's apple and sweaty chin. And yes, I am indulging in levity.

Kieran McConville said:
Actually I think Willie Horton did Dukakis a lot more damage than the funny helmet.

I pine for the good old days when winners and losers were picked by subtler signs, like a five-o'clock-shadow, bobbing adam's apple and sweaty chin. And yes, I am indulging in levity.

I agree. The Willie Horton issue was an absolute campaign killer. Profound issues like the Pledge of Allegience controversy :wink: didn't help either.

Anyone else waiting for him to eat it? :barf:

And no, nbc, the presidential nostrils must be clear or the terrorists have won.

I remember watching the baseball game at which "the pick," as seen in Klaus's post, occurred. It was either Nolan Ryan's 300th game or strikeout record. I couldn't believe my eyes! The next game, I asked a friend who'd also watched the game if she saw what I saw, and she agreed.

Definite nasal penetration, as George Costanza would say!

Back
Top Bottom