Dubya: "do you have blacks too?" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Dubya: "do you have blacks too?"

This is awesome. George said yet another absolutely ridiculous thing to yet another president who probably now thinks that Dubya is dumb as a board.

Do you have blacks, too?

Old 07-23-2002, 03:34 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:14 PM

thx for the info.
my day is now complete..

db9

Old 07-23-2002, 04:06 PM   #3
The Fly

I'll post the article.

BUSH'S GENERAL EDUCATION

Do you have blacks in Brazil?

It is said, that, before September 11, George W. Bush thought the Taliban were a Bavarian brass band. Now, thanks to his comprehensive knowledge, the most powerful man in the world has got into hot water again.

AP

Rice helped Bush from the leave in the lurch

Washington - It was Condoleezza Rice, national security advisor, who helped her boss out of the embarassing situation. During a conversation between the two presidents, George W. Bush, 55, (USA) and Fernando Henrique Cardoso, 71, (Brazil), Bush bewildered his colleague with the question "Do you have blacks, too?"

Rice, 47, noticing how astonished the Brazilian was, saved the day by telling Bush "Mr. President, Brazil probably has more blacks than the USA. Some say it's the Country with the most blacks outside Africa." Later, the Brazilian president Cardoso said: regarding Latin America, Bush was still in his "learning phase".

Old 07-23-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
The Fly

YEAH, BABY: BUSH SAID TO LOVE NEW 'AUSTIN POWERS'

The new AUSTIN POWERS flick GOLDMEMBER has past the Bush test, according to a source close to the president.

"He already wants to see it again!" declared the well-placed source, after a screening of the Mike Myers comedy at Camp David.

At one point, according to the source, CIA agent Foxxy Cleopatra and crew had the Commander-in-Chief in total laughter.

"He totally cracked up...love it."

Bush knew the original AUSTIN POWERS movies inside out. During the presidential campaign, Bush often lifted his pinkie to the corner of his mouth -- to mimic the Dr. Evil character -- at aggressive reporters.

GOLDMEMBER opens wide on Friday.

We have a 55 year old simpleton occupying the White House!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:04 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Yes, Bush is quite dumb. I can't believe John McCain lost to him in the primaries.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:18 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Normal

I think everyone 'should own a dubya'

dB9
Old 07-23-2002, 08:21 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yes, yes, this particular quote is old news by now though...
Old 07-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #8
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 05:14 PM
So, if this is even true, this makes him dumb all of a sudden? Yet as you say the most powerful man in the world has the public spotlight on him constantly yet first mistake or slip-up the media and all of the Gore Losers are on him like stink on shit(e).

I wonder why he is not perfect? Oh thats right, he is human. And he's probably smarter than all of you put together, just not as jealous as you are.

Old 07-23-2002, 08:36 PM   #9
Refugee

Z Edge: Are you deaf AND blind? I CAN understand why someone like yourself would agree with Bush's policies, but I don't get how ANYONE wouldn't notice how ignorant the man is. You made the point that someone who is under the public microscope 24/7 shouldn't be held to the same standards concerning their flubs and errors. This is true. We should have more respect for his frailities, but you know as well as I do that nearly 99% of everything he says in front of the camera is written by a speech-writer. It's little things like this quote refering to the blacks of Brazil that allow us to see what he's REALLY like, instead of the "pre-made" speeches that make him appear halfway average.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:40 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Z Edge: Are you deaf AND blind? I CAN understand why someone like yourself would agree with Bush's policies, but I don't get how ANYONE wouldn't notice how ignorant the man is. You made the point that someone who is under the public microscope 24/7 shouldn't be held to the same standards concerning their flubs and errors. This is true. We should have more respect for his frailities, but you know as well as I do that nearly 99% of everything he says in front of the camera is written by a speech-writer. It's little things like this quote refering to the blacks of Brazil that allow us to see what he's REALLY like, instead of the "pre-made" speeches that make him appear halfway average.
Danospano:

"Halfway average" is awkward at best and redundant at worst.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:11 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Hi Bias
We have a 55 year old simpleton occupying the White House!
President Bush was born on July 6, 1946. This means he was fifty years old on July 6, 1996, and fifty-six on July 6, 2002. On the day you posted this - July 23, 2002 - President Bush would still be fifty-six years old.

Also, you should hyphenate "55 year old" in "55 year old simpleton."

I find it quite ironic that, in an effort to lampoon President Bush and his intelligence, you make a factual error and a grammatical error, both of which could have been easily avoided.

I well imagine that such irony was intentional; you are far too smart to make such simple and obvious mistakes.

I see right through your cunning strategery.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Danno

SO with this logic if we were to put one of your intellectuals from the wacko brigade under this much scrutiny they would be, of course, perfect??

Old 07-23-2002, 11:01 PM   #13
Refugee

I never thought he was bright anyway. He is smart in the sense that he managed to be the President but I think he just lacks real-life smarts. He seems more of a book-smart guy than a street-smart guy. Do you get what I'm saying?
Old 07-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #14
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I never thought he was bright anyway. He is smart in the sense that he managed to be the President but I think he just lacks real-life smarts. He seems more of a book-smart guy than a street-smart guy. Do you get what I'm saying?
I disagree with you, but that is not a suprise

I get what you are saying, and I appreciate your opinion especially compared to the first few "experts" here who apparently have given Mr. Bush an IQ test.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:13 AM   #15
War Child

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Bush = MORON.

His numb-skullness has overshadowed even Dan Quayle, a truly great feat. This level of indiocy is rivaled, however, by our own Z Edge, who apparently doesn't share political ideologies or intelligence levels with his name sake.