Dubya: "do you have blacks too?" - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:15 AM
Well, I don't think it is fair to judge z edge. There was no reason for this to get personal, and I think that some of you here owe him an apology.

Me? I'm not a fan of the Bush family by any means. I think Bush's question is an earnest one, which scares me. But, if anything, it should prove that the way you talk DOES influence how people perceive your intellect. Think about that, folks.

Melon

Old 07-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #62
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Well, I don't think it is fair to judge z edge. There was no reason for this to get personal, and I think that some of you here owe him an apology.

Me? I'm not a fan of the Bush family by any means. I think Bush's question is an earnest one, which scares me. But, if anything, it should prove that the way you talk DOES influence how people perceive your intellect. Think about that, folks.

Melon
Thank you Melon.

And I think Bush is an honest man, very honest. Not trying to scare you though

Perhaps he speaks quickly-too quickly at times. This is possibly attributed to the fact that he does have dyslexia. It could be a sort of "over-correcting" or defense mechanism that he has because he is self conscious of his problem. I actually cannot think of the words I am looking for to describe it (I have that problem a lot, with confidence and over compensating for it so I am trying to relate)

I wouldn't say it is an "intelligence" issue though. A lot of very intelligent people have mannerisms that some find odd, to include the appearance of ignorance. And all of you here know this, some of you would rather stir up a debate over it then complain about the results of the debate.

Old 07-24-2002, 09:25 PM   #63
Refugee

Local Time: 09:15 AM
None of us really know how clever or otherwise Mr Bush is.

The fact of the matter is that he comes across as being at least ignorant and at worst prejudiced, and certainly something of a simpleton.

If he isn't any of these, then he is doing a good job at disguising the fact.

In any case, none of it matters. We live in an age of STYLE over SUBSTANCE. The media has made it that way. The media can turn anybody into anything they want. They've come to the conclusion that Mr Bush is a bit dim and a lot ignorant... it's up to him and his spin doctors to change that.

And let's get one thing straight... you spell it "strategy".. ok?
Old 07-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #64
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by bullet the blue sky

The fact of the matter is that he comes across as being at least ignorant and at worst prejudiced, and certainly something of a simpleton.

thats your opinion, which does not necessarily = fact
Old 07-24-2002, 09:40 PM   #65
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge

thats your opinion, which does not necessarily = fact
But your opinion is affected by your obvious admiration for the said person. I, on the other hand, really do not care. I am simply stating what the average person would think. As well as the exceedingly above average people... people like me in fact
Old 07-24-2002, 09:46 PM   #66
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:

But your opinion is affected by your obvious admiration for the said person. I, on the other hand, really do not care. I am simply stating what the average person would think. As well as the exceedingly above average people... people like me in fact
Yes my opinion is to an extent.

And there you go again, how do you know what the average person thinks? Or the above average people?

Once again, you need to use IMO or IMHO when stating things as such.

Cheers
Old 07-24-2002, 09:47 PM   #67
Refugee

Quote:
Once again, you need to use IMO or IMHO when stating things as such.
But all this typing hurts my fingers!!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #68
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:

But all this typing hurts my fingers!!
then type with your bloody nose

just kidding of course

Cheers

Old 07-25-2002, 12:44 AM   #69
The Fly

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:

Sorry I didn't realize this was your forum. Or is it?

I mean who are you anyway? "Kingpin"

Other than to instigate trouble so your cronies can complain about our responses, what is your purpose in all of your 100 or so posts?

I believe you to be hiding behind an alter.

Anyway, I guess with your logic I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

How else should I respond to someone who refers to me as

deaf and dumb

calls me coward (at least 5 times in one post)

Not to mention that your thread here is just another re-hash of the same crap shoved down our throats every damn day.

Your whole purpose here is to start trouble, as proven again here in your remarks.

I'm not going to run tell on you like a little sniveling coward, but not only am I calling you out on it I will dish it back to you with a

And I will be watching you just as you are me.

Cheers
Okay, here we go.

My name is Nick, I live in Edmonton (Alberta) and when I registered I lived in St. John's (Newfoundland). You'll notice that I registered in July of 2000. If you look at Like Someone To Blame's info, you'll see he registered in May 2001. So we can see that if anything, he would be an "alter" of me.

As for my "cronies", well, the only person I really know here is Basstrap, and I know him in person, and have for years. He can attest to my authenticity, if you believe him. Like you said, I haven't posted a whole lot up until recently (mostly due to me traveling and being in school) but I started coming back due to my interest in the Other Religions thread, with Bubba's eloquent posts and RavenStar's refreshing point of view. Now I'm here just to chat, and vote in the occasional poll.

Now as to the post you were referring to, and your response. This isn't a "damned if I do damned if I don't" situation. You're only "damned" if you don't treat others with respect... if you laugh at them when they disagree with you or when they bring an argument to you. No I don't own the board, and I don't pretend to (I don't even know who the moderators are), but I just expect the people here to treat each other with some respect... not to patronize them, or to laugh at them, or to condescend. If people don't back up comments, that's fine, whatever. If people choose not to respond, that's fine, it just betrays the weakness of their argument. But to laugh at others as if they're inferior is not only a poor debating technique, but it's juvenile.

As to the purpose of my posts, it isn't to start trouble. It's the same as yours (hopefully)... to express opinions and ideas in a public forum. But maybe my purpose is greater... to bring a breath of fresh air to the forum. To bring the opinions of somebody who agrees with people like Bubba in the religious/spiritual threads, but disagrees with them in the political/social threads. To be somebody that isn't easily classifiable. Maybe to be a devil's advocate, trying to see if you can defend the positions you take.

I appreciate you not telling on me, although it wouldn't really make any difference, as I'm not an "alter" of anyone. Thanks for "calling me out" but I'm afraid you're hunch was wrong. And feel free to watch me, I'm not going anywhere... but sorry to disappoint, I haven't been and won't really be watching you too intently.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:28 AM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Melon
Great reply and second that. And anyone who is knocked down by a pretsel ( or something like that ) deserve a break .

I think that the Brazilian president had a great laugh after the meeting with bush . But declairing war to a brassband ? I can only agree with Bush, brassbands are boring and a danger to good music.

I wonder how he spells, potato.
Old 07-25-2002, 04:06 AM   #71
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I never thought he was bright anyway. He is smart in the sense that he managed to be the President but I think he just lacks real-life smarts. He seems more of a book-smart guy than a street-smart guy. Do you get what I'm saying?
I think the exact opposite. I think he's got street smarts but not book smarts.
Obviously he has to have a certain level of intelligence to become Pres (including alot of street smarts, people skills etc), but compared to other world leaders I don't think he'd do to well in any IQ test.
All I can say is as a person he seems like a good guy, when not in President Mode he's probably pretty funny, seems nice, but as a President of the US... thank god he's got Rice and Powell.
I think he's really damaged the US' reputation and image around the world as well. I don't really know or care about how he is with domestic stuff (not being American and all) but he's terrible for US international relations. Only Tony Blair and the Aussie PM (and I guess Israel) seem to trust him, or even like him.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:43 AM   #72
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Kingpin and z edge (and anyone else who's considering it), if you want to get personal, please take it to PM or e-mail.

You know, on another forum that I frequent, they have a forum devoted to people who want to have cyberfights. Something for Sicy and Elvis to consider?

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #73
The Fly

Sorry, I just wanted to set the record straight so that everyone knew I'm not hiding behind an "alter". If I'd done it in a private message, it might be misconstrued by others that I didn't answer him because he was right.

Sorry, I'll try to keep it out of the public forums.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:31 AM   #74
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
You know, on another forum that I frequent, they have a forum devoted to people who want to have cyberfights. Something for Sicy and Elvis to consider?
Bwahahahahahhaaa.... riiiiiiiiiiight.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:41 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I'm with you...

Quote:
Originally posted by MiniFly
Bush = MORON.

His numb-skullness has overshadowed even Dan Quayle, a truly great feat. This level of indiocy is rivaled, however, by our own Z Edge, who apparently doesn't share political ideologies or intelligence levels with his name sake.
Did you guys know that Bush once waved to Stevie Wonder? .

I don't find him to be one of the brightest people on the planet, either. I mean, yes, we all do make mistakes when we talk, but when someone has an entire book that is full of their slip-ups and all that...I don't know about you, but I find that rather pathetic. I'd kinda like to have a president who knows what the hell they're talking about.

And I haven't agreed with practically any of Bush's policies (yep, liberal right here). For example, he's pro-life, I'm pro-choice. He tried to get birth control banned, what was it, last year, and I thought that was a bad move. And so on and so forth.

And I'm also not thrilled with his getting us involved in a war that I really don't think is necessary, but that's a whole other topic altogether.

I'm sure Bush is probably a nice guy-I don't know the guy personally.

But as a president...I really think we could do better. No offense to Bush supporters, that's just my opinion.

Angela