Dreadsox Campaign Advice - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2004, 04:50 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
There will be no Kerry sticker on my cah.
Will you at least pahk it in the Hahvahd Yahd?

Old 09-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #17
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:

There will be no Kerry sticker on my cah.
yeah I was joking, referencing this

neutral @ interference.com
Old 09-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #18
Refugee

I wish I had a lot of time to reply to this post. I have so much going on in my head, but it isn't so easy to spill it out here and have everything backed up by fact and not just emotion. Check out my response in the middle class thread for more of my thoughts. I, too, am frustrated as to how the issues you mention are not front burner. I can't stand the Vietnam moral rights and wrongs being the focus of this campaign.

Have you checked out John Kerry's stances on all of the issues?

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

I don't think either candidate has spelled out an exact plan to solve our problems, but it seems to me that John Kerry has more drive to get somewhere domestically than George Bush.

Also, the HUGE difference in re-electing Bush and electing Kerry over the Iraq war is that John Kerry finds a huge importance in forging alliances with the rest of the world and Bush has a record of working on our own. I don't understand how that difference is not very clear and how Kerry seems like "Bush lite". It seems to me that John Kerry wants to get somewhere better in foreign policy than George Bush. George Bush doesn't think we are anywhere bad to better.

Since you are on the fence and I really respect your opinion, perhaps you can point out to me what the benefits would be to re-elect George Bush rather than giving John Kerry a chance? What are Bush's pluses?
Old 09-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:45 PM
I am not discussing GW in this thread. Sorry....this is advice to the Kerry Campaign. I am not interested in debating one shred about GW.

Peace
Old 09-19-2004, 06:08 PM   #20
Refugee

I wasn't interested in debating GW either. I was interested in your opinion.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Here is my next piece of advice. A wonderful analogy for you so you can stop flip flopping on Iraq.

Stand up and ask the following question to the audience you are speaking to: When you lend your car to someone, do you expect them to get drunk and drive your car irresponsibly? My vote on Iraq was the equivalent of giving the President the keys to the car. When I voted to give him the power to wage war, never did I expect him to go into battle without a vote from the UN Security Council. Never did I expect him to go in without enough troops to secure the peace. Never did I expect that there would be a lack of support from the nations boardering the region. Never did I expect that there would be no exit strategy that did not account for providing stability to the region without us having to stay in Iraq virtually by ourselves.

As the person who gave the President the keys to the car, I regret my vote, because clearly, Iraq was contained. Clearly Iraq had no WMD, and clearly the United Nations was successfully making certain Iraq was fulfilling its obligations.

I am asking America to give me the keys to the car, so that RESPONSIBLE foreign policy will prevail. Can we afford another four years of irresponsible driving? Can we afford another war, only to find out that the facts were wrong? Can you trust the current occupant of the White House to make certain that when the Mission is Accomplished, all our troops are home safe and sound with their families? Give me the keys, and I will make sure if we need to act unilaterally, there will be no doubt in anyones mind that it was the right thing to do.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #22
Refugee

Have you read this yet Dread?

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/s...2004_0920.html
Old 09-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Is it the speech today? The site is not loading.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #24
Refugee

Yes, it is today. That's strange, the link is working for me.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:45 AM

Yeah I can read it too and apart from a few points, I think it was an excellent speech.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

I read it...he needs to work in something about his vote for IRAQ or it appears to be
Old 09-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
I read it...he needs to work in something about his vote for IRAQ or it appears to be
Does this cover it?

Quote:
Two years ago, Congress was right to give the President the authority to use force to hold Saddam Hussein accountable. This President… any President… would have needed the threat of force to act effectively. This President misused that authority.

The power entrusted to the President gave him a strong hand to play in the international community. The idea was simple. We would get the weapons inspectors back in to verify whether or not Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. And we would convince the world to speak with one voice to Saddam: disarm or be disarmed.

A month before the war, President Bush told the nation: “If we have to act, we will take every precaution that is possible. We will plan carefully. We will act with the full power of the United States military. We will act with allies at our side and we will prevail.” He said that military action wasn’t “unavoidable.”

Instead, the President rushed to war without letting the weapons inspectors finish their work. He went without a broad and deep coalition of allies. He acted without making sure our troops had enough body armor. And he plunged ahead without understanding or preparing for the consequences of the post-war. None of which I would have done.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:04 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Kerry needs to explain his own vote. And say something besides, Bush do bad, I do better.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Two years ago, Congress was right to give the President the authority to use force to hold Saddam Hussein accountable. This President… any President… would have needed the threat of force to act effectively.
Isn't this an explaination? I don't get the nitpicking?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #30
New Yorker

I read that Kerry flip-flopped again.