Dr. Laura - May God have pity on your soul!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
MURDER MYSTERY: DR LAURA'S MOTHER LAY DEAD FOR MONTHS IN APARTMENT

A gruesome scene has unfolded on North Palm Drive in Beverly Hills where Dr. Laura Schlessinger's mother has been found dead -- with the body going undiscovered for months!

MORE

Yolanda Schlessinger, 77, died all alone in her apartment months ago, authorities now believe.

Concern was not raised until a neighbor realized Schlessinger's pet bird was no longer singing!

Police went into the house and found a woman who had been dead "a substantial amount of time."

Lt. Gary Gilmond of the Beverly Hills Police Department said cops are investigating the death as a homicide.

MORE

Dr. Laura released a statement: "I am horrified by the tragic circumstances of my mother's death, and so sad to learn that she died as she chose to live--alone and isolated. My mother shut all her family out of her life over the years, though we made several futile attempts to stay connected. May God rest her soul."

I am sorry for Yolanda Schlessinger.

Dr. Laura, once again shows she has no heart.

The above statement is so self-serving it is sickening.

Dr. Laura's heartless comments aside, this says alot about how disconnected we are from the people around us. A woman dies and no one, family, friends or neighbors, even notices for months. How horrible.

deep said:

I am sorry for Yolanda Schlessinger.

Dr. Laura, once again shows she has no heart.

The above statement is so self-serving it is sickening.
What's even sadder than the talk show host losing her mom under these conditions of a dysfucntional relationship
is-
having ppl pounce on her in her time of loss...:down:

DB9

Last edited:
Re: Re: Dr. Laura - May God have pity on your soul!

diamond said:

What's even sadder than the talk show host losing her mom under these conditions of a dysfucntional relationship
is-
having ppl pounce on her in her time of loss...:down:

DB9

Her time of loss. She preaches about how important family is and bitches at people all day. Then this. Her real colors show through. She is a bitter person who is only concerned with herself. How the hell will anyone be able to take advice from this woman on family when she dosent even care to talk to her mother for 6 months (thats how long they are saying). This woman is a hypocrite and shouldnt be listened to. I hate her voice!!!

Consider this thread a test of the true meaning of Christmas.
Think about it.
Just think.
God Bless
Peace
Out-

DB9

The opponents of controversial talk show hosts do more for the success and popularity of such talk show hosts than do the FANS of such talk show hosts.

Evidence, this thread.

~U2Alabama

Aside from the fact that she is a hypocrite

I think what bugs me the most about this is her cold, callous statement.

No one except the two of them knows what really went on in that relationship, and it's always a shame to see family members fall out in such a way. However, her textbook, emotionless response to this just reinforces her dual nature. I can't feel sorry for someone who can't get beyond past problems to mourn the loss of the person that gave them life.

though im not very familiar with the person in question, i do believe she is the talk show host who is very anti-gay, correct?

i dunno about this whole mother thing. its not a pretty situation no matter how you paint it.

so why are we painting pictures of her anyway? its not our family.

now if this was barbarasso streisand id be all over her. i still demand that she leave the states after threatening to leave the country if bush got elected. maybe she hasnt heard yet since her head is shoved so far up her ass, but bush was elected in 2000. itll be 2003 in a few days.

dumbass.

Re: Aside from the fact that she is a hypocrite

daisybean said:
I can't feel sorry for someone who can't get beyond past problems to mourn the loss of the person that gave them life.

Speaking from experience........

In many cases.....
People who have had to end relationships like this.....
Have already mourned......
The death of the relationship is = to the person dying....
As a matter of fact.....
Every Holiday....Birthday....and Special Event.....
Possibly even every day.....
That loss is mourned.....

I will not read this thread again.

Peace to all.

Re: Aside from the fact that she is a hypocrite

daisybean said:
I think what bugs me the most about this is her cold, callous statement.

I don't think any of us knows what it is like to be a celebraty and have someone die and then have a microphone shoved in your face for a 'statement'. Even if she wasn't close to her mother, it is *still* her mother, the person who is partly responsible for her being. People say all sorts of strange things when they aren't prepared.

Re: Re: Aside from the fact that she is a hypocrite

U2Lynne said:

I don't think any of us knows what it is like to be a celebraty and have someone die and then have a microphone shoved in your face for a 'statement'. Even if she wasn't close to her mother, it is *still* her mother, the person who is partly responsible for her being. People say all sorts of strange things when they aren't prepared.

very good point ...:up:

even tho many of us dont agree w her this is the time to take the higher road and not do the impulsive thing and that is to-
condemn her
bash her
deningrate her.
ect ect.

:larry: :|

DB9

If either Dr. Laura or Trent Lott had the same amount of time to prepare their statements as we do to analyze them, they both would have said something different. :|

I don't think all of the criticism is sincerely directed at her statement regarding her mother's death. In my opinion, the statement is not really offensive; sure, just about any written statement can come across as "cold," and I hate to inform you people of this, but there truly ARE individuals out there who choose to go into seclusion, even from and against the will of their own families; they live the existence of a hermit and are often very determined about it.

The criticism towards Laura Schlessinger would be perceived as more genuine if all of you would be more direct and point your cannons at her social views that offend you. Sure, you can score some points attacking her over how she handled her mother's death, but if you truly know everything there is to know about the situation, then you must be a family member or a very close friend.

Don't get me wrong: I despise her show and found what bits of advice I have ever heard from her to be annoying in the way she delivered them. Thank you.

~~U2Alabama

All right then.

I don't like Dr. Laura because she promotes herself as a family and relationship therapist when her title of "Doctor" comes from studies in physiology.

I don't like Dr. Laura because she called gay people "biological errors."

Most of all, I don't like Dr. Laura because she thinks that any way people choose to live, apart from the way she "prescribes," is unnatural, stupid, and wrong.

How was that? :|

bonoman said:
Diamond did it ever occur to you that some people dont celebrate Christmas and dont care?

"Dr." Laura certainly doesn't. She's an Orthodox Jew.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom