Down the Censorship Slope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:
In America everyone is having sex but no one likes to talk about it.:|
It's fascinating that we can openly talk about sex so openly until the word masturbation comes up. We're more ashamed of what we do with our own genitalia than what we do with someone else's. Okay, I'm a little off topic, but I just think that's kind of odd. :huh:

stammer476 said:
:up:

I'm reminded of the words, "They say that what you mock will surely overtake you. And you become a monster, so the monster will not break you."

Heh...appropriate words, indeed.

I'm just not a fan of censorship of any kind. I don't care who it is that does the censoring, it's wrong all around. People should be free to speak their minds.

And I agree wholeheartedly with the whole being open about sex stuff...how on earth are we going to learn how to take care of ourselves if we don't talk about this stuff? People talk about trying to stop STDs and whatnot-well, if we don't talk about sex, then people will remain misinformed and this crap that can come with sex will continue to happen. Sex shouldn't be something people should be ashamed of-it's how the human race goes on, for god's sake.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom