Down, Down, Down, it goes....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this place really needs to take a break from political discussions

people take this more seriously than the religious discussions

Kingpin said it perfectly. I have nothing further to add. The debate will NOT BE ON BUBBA'S terms. You are obsessed and out of control on this. Take your 4 point plan and shove it. Any sane person can glean the nature of my rebuttal to YOUR original statement.

You don't know me personally and you have absolutely NO RIGHT to be slandering me in this forum. Twisting my words...ranting and raving as if I uttered them on my very own. My mind isn't as hateful and delusional as yours...certainly not a statement I WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH ON MY OWN. That was a statement floated from YOUR sick mind. You opened the door...and to further insinuate that me changing your word from "kill" to "hurt" is confirmation of me thinking that is laughable and outrageous. DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME...I'm quite capable of doing that on my own.

Your obsession for me to respond to you is sad. As Kingpin explained, I have no REASON to respond to you...you are clearly trying to save face and you are desperately searching for the tiniest little thing to sway things your way. I'm beginnig to think you want me banned so you no longer have to contend with me challenging your views. One less obstacle to have to worry about. Well guess what, comrade? I'm not going anywhere. It's your warped mind that has created this mess and you need to suck it up like a man and deal with it.

My belief that compassionate conservatism is a fraud in NO WAY confirms how I may or may not truly feel to YOUR statement. You are REALLY reaching here, Bubba. Get over it. Your indignation at YOUR statement is your own fault...not mine or anyone elses.

My advice to you...reread Kingpin's earlier statement. Repeat. Read it again. Repeat. Maybe you'll eventually see the light.

For clarity's sake:

ACHTUNG BUBBA POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON JULY 17, 7 PM:
Am I the ONLY forum member who recalls Democrats accusing Republicans of WANTING to starve kids, kill the elder, and destroy the environment? Anybody remember why? Because the recently elected GOP-led Congress (c. 1995) wanted to decrease spending increases from THREE TIMES the rate of inflation to only TWICE the rate.

(I also love how that Congress was "the Republican takeover." See, only Democrats are apparently elected to public office. Republicans MUST take political power by force. Their ideas couldn't possibly be popular. Naaaah...)

LIKE SOMEONE TO BLAME REPLIED WITH THIS ON JULY 17, 9 PM:
Geez, now that you mention it...I do indeed remember Republicans WANTING to starve kids, kill the elderly, and destroy the environment. Well, practice does make perfect...so eventually they might accomplish this. So much for compassionate conservatism...

p.s. that was some niffting spinning of my previous post, Bubba. Guess I won't be seeing you in the "No Spin Zone" anytime soon.

At this point, Achtung Bubba got upset, saying that he must be missing sarcasm because of the atrocious thing just posted... when in fact, it was just repeating what Bubba said. From here on things get hazy because tones and intents and sarcasms and everything get misinterpreted and misconstrued. This is the real problem.

It should also be noted, that before Achtung Bubba's post (the one quoted above), Like Someone to Blame said "I appreciate your comments. I agree that both sides are guilty of being nasty and hypocritical...I just sincerely believe it is more prevalent amongst the GOP-nationally and in this forum. " Hardly the sort of talk for a crazy person accusing one side of ATTEMPTED MASS MURDER!!!!

Like someone to blame said:
Kingpin said it perfectly.

I'm starting to notice something here

I have nothing further to add.

Of course you don't

The debate will NOT BE ON BUBBA'S terms.

just yours and Kingpin's

You are obsessed and out of control on this. Take your 4 point plan and shove it.

that sounds a bit obsessive bro

Any sane person can glean the nature of my rebuttal to YOUR original statement.

as long as their name is Kingpin

You don't know me personally and you have absolutely NO RIGHT to be slandering me in this forum

well that is a good point.......but..........

My mind isn't as hateful and delusional as yours

isn't that slander :scratch:

That was a statement floated from YOUR sick mind.

ok I think this one is slanderous

Your obsession for me to respond to you is sad

hmmmmm.............really?

As Kingpin explained

again

I have no REASON to respond to you

but Kingpin does

Well guess what, comrade? I'm not going anywhere.

but you won't speak either???

It's your warped mind that has created this mess

I though you started this thread??????:scratch:

reread Kingpin's earlier statement. Repeat. Read it again. Repeat.

here we go again, and again, and again..........

Maybe you'll eventually see the light.

Light???

:laugh:<---there I am laughing again Kingpin

I love you both though you continue on this tirade daily throughout various clever disguises

:heart::heart:

Last edited:
posts then flees in sheer terror..

It's all Bono's fault..

THIS IS SATIRE!!!!

Borowitz Report: As Markets Crash, The World Asks: Where Is Bono?

http://www.borowitzreport.com

July 24, 2002

AS MARKETS CRASH, THE WORLD ASKS: WHERE IS BONO?
Financial Leaders Demand More Active Role From U2's Lead Singer

A rising chorus of global financial leaders is demanding that the rock star Bono become more actively
involved in resolving the current crisis in the world's equity markets, sources said today.

Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan was the first to call for U2's lead singer to step up
his involvement, telling Congress last week, "There is only so much that lowering interest rates can do.
What this market really needs is Bono."

President Bush, while attempting today to sound upbeat about the state of the economy, made no secret
of his wish that the Irish rocker would roll up his sleeves and calm the roiling markets.

"I think there's nothing wrong with the global economy that Mr. Bono couldn't fix," the President said,
apparently unaware that Bono is not Bono's last name.

But a spokesman for the International Monetary Fund was less charitable, ripping the Grammy-winning
Bono for his hands-off approach to the stunning crash in share prices.

"Bono may like to sing 'It's a Beautiful Day,' but for those who depend upon equities to finance their
retirement, it is most decidedly anything but," the IMF spokesman said.

Bono, who is currently sailing the world on a 4-month Princess cruise with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill,
struck back at his critics late this afternoon.

"I'm sick and tired of fixing the world's problems," Bono said. "Let Britney Spears solve the global crisis in
equities. I don't give a rat's ass." :laugh:

Observers say that the Irish rocker's alarming indifference to the current economic catastrophe may be the
direct result of spending so much time with Mr. O'Neill.

Okay, let's see if you actually answered whether or not you were being sarcastic when you said that Republicans want to kill/harm the elderly, starve children, and destroy the environment.

Like someone to blame said:
Kingpin said it perfectly. I have nothing further to add. The debate will NOT BE ON BUBBA'S terms. You are obsessed and out of control on this. Take your 4 point plan and shove it. Any sane person can glean the nature of my rebuttal to YOUR original statement.

Hmm...

Here, you refer back to KingPin who suggests - but doesn't know for a fact - that you might have been exaggerating.

You then call me obsessed and out of control; you apparently find my four options unreasonable (no mention HOW); and you suggest that whether you were sarcastic can be determined by any "sane person" (though you still don't answer what conclusion SHOULD be reached).

I reiterate my conclusion from analyzing that rebuttal:

It looks like it was more likely to be taken literally, since he tries to USE the accusation to further debunk the myth of the "compassionate conservative," a point he made earlier in the same thread... It is clear that he believes "compassionate conservatism" is a fraud. It is also clear that he was using the accusation of "starving kids, killing the elderly," etc. to confirm that the phrase a fraud. He wouldn't have done that if he was being sarcastic.

Though you don't address my thoughts, you imply that I'm wrong. But, again, no definitive answer.

You don't know me personally and you have absolutely NO RIGHT to be slandering me in this forum. Twisting my words...ranting and raving as if I uttered them on my very own. My mind isn't as hateful and delusional as yours...certainly not a statement I WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH ON MY OWN. That was a statement floated from YOUR sick mind. You opened the door...and to further insinuate that me changing your word from "kill" to "hurt" is confirmation of me thinking that is laughable and outrageous. DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME...I'm quite capable of doing that on my own.

I don't know you personally; that is true. So why don't you tell me what you meant by that comment, whether or not you were being sarcastic?

As z edge pointed out, saying that I have a sick, delusional, hateful mind is pretty slanderous, too. Or is this another instance where it's the REPUBLICANS that are the mean ones?

And it's my fault for bringing up the accusation of killing the elderly, etc.?

Actually, I was just recalling the same accusation - from Congressional Democrats and THEIR "hateful, delusional, sick" minds.

As KingPin said, you may have reiterated the words I typed, but it still seems like you MEANT those words.

Again, you used them as some sort of proof that conservatives aren't compassionate and you later mentioned ANWR as proof that Republicans actually DO want to destroy the environment, etc., etc.

And I wouldn't HAVE to speak for you - to try to figure out whether you were sincere - if you were more straight-forward on that point.

Your obsession for me to respond to you is sad. As Kingpin explained, I have no REASON to respond to you...you are clearly trying to save face and you are desperately searching for the tiniest little thing to sway things your way. I'm beginnig to think you want me banned so you no longer have to contend with me challenging your views. One less obstacle to have to worry about. Well guess what, comrade? I'm not going anywhere. It's your warped mind that has created this mess and you need to suck it up like a man and deal with it.

If my obsession is sad, how much sadder is your insistence on NOT answering?

I must admit, your ability to evade an issue is awe-inspiring. Maddening, but inspiring nonetheless. Almost - dare I say it? - Clintonesque.

And like any good presidential scandal, HONESTY could solve a lot of problems. ALL of this could be cleared up if you could just confirm that you were being sarcastic. ALL of this would have been unnecessary if you made yourself clear from the very beginning.

My belief that compassionate conservatism is a fraud in NO WAY confirms how I may or may not truly feel to YOUR statement. You are REALLY reaching here, Bubba. Get over it. Your indignation at YOUR statement is your own fault...not mine or anyone elses.

Let me reiterate: it appears that you quite honestly pointed to the accusation that Republicans want to kill the elderly, etc., as EVIDENCE to your belief about the fraud of compassionate conservatism. It is THAT fact - among other things I also mentioned - that led me to believe you were NOT being sarcastic.

If I was wrong, okay, I was wrong. Tell me you were being sarcastic, and I'll admit to have misunderstood what you said; we'll move on.

My advice to you...reread Kingpin's earlier statement. Repeat. Read it again. Repeat. Maybe you'll eventually see the light.

I have reread Kingpin's post, and I still stand by my conclusions.

If my conclusions are incorrect, SAY SO.

If you were genuinely being sarcastic, SAY SO.

If you were sincere rather than sarcastic, I believe an assertion of that magnitude requires a great deal of proof. But let's discuss that another time.

Please, show that you can speak for yourself. Answer one question, clearly and unambiguously, without referring to some other forum members replies or resorting to calling me names:

WERE YOU BEING SARCASTIC when you said, "I do indeed remember Republicans WANTING to starve kids, kill the elderly, and destroy the environment. Well, practice does make perfect...so eventually they might accomplish this. So much for compassionate conservatism..."?

Simple question. Answer yes or no.

Achtung Bubba said:

I must admit, your ability to evade an issue is awe-inspiring. Maddening, but inspiring nonetheless. Almost - dare I say it? - Clintonesque.

Actually Bubba, I prefer the term Clintonian myself :up:

Z Edge, you can check my IP, you'll see that I'm in Edmonton Alberta. I've been registered here for a long time. Ask Basstrap, I know him personally, he'll vouch that I'm for real. I'll reply to your thoughts about me being an "alter" in the other thread where you hinted at that.

Ahem.

KingPin said:
For clarity's sake:

ACHTUNG BUBBA POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON JULY 17, 7 PM:
Am I the ONLY forum member who recalls Democrats accusing Republicans of WANTING to starve kids, kill the elder, and destroy the environment? Anybody remember why? Because the recently elected GOP-led Congress (c. 1995) wanted to decrease spending increases from THREE TIMES the rate of inflation to only TWICE the rate.

(I also love how that Congress was "the Republican takeover." See, only Democrats are apparently elected to public office. Republicans MUST take political power by force. Their ideas couldn't possibly be popular. Naaaah...)

LIKE SOMEONE TO BLAME REPLIED WITH THIS ON JULY 17, 9 PM:
Geez, now that you mention it...I do indeed remember Republicans WANTING to starve kids, kill the elderly, and destroy the environment. Well, practice does make perfect...so eventually they might accomplish this. So much for compassionate conservatism...

p.s. that was some niffting spinning of my previous post, Bubba. Guess I won't be seeing you in the "No Spin Zone" anytime soon.

At this point, Achtung Bubba got upset, saying that he must be missing sarcasm because of the atrocious thing just posted... when in fact, it was just repeating what Bubba said. From here on things get hazy because tones and intents and sarcasms and everything get misinterpreted and misconstrued. This is the real problem.

It should also be noted, that before Achtung Bubba's post (the one quoted above), Like Someone to Blame said "I appreciate your comments. I agree that both sides are guilty of being nasty and hypocritical...I just sincerely believe it is more prevalent amongst the GOP-nationally and in this forum. " Hardly the sort of talk for a crazy person accusing one side of ATTEMPTED MASS MURDER!!!!

Two things:

1. LSTB was not "just repeating" what I said. He added to it, specifically adding that it was proof that the "compassionate conservative" is a myth.

2. I honestly believe that many liberals HONESTLY believe that conservatives are, as a group, evil - that the labels of racist, sexist, homophobe, and Nazi actually fit. LSTB's comments about appreciating what I say could be little more than insincere diplomacy.

Why would I believe that?

He said in the same post that the GOP is the more "nasty and hypocritical" of the two parties. He has said in THIS thread that "I do believe that indeed 16 of 18 Bush cabinet members are multi-millionaires-millions made off the backs of the sick, poor, and disadvantaged" - not just millionaires, but millionaires who exploit the "sick, poor, and disadvantaged."

Look at what he's ACTUALLY said about Republicans, the "extreme right" who has a "long-standing tradition of the GOP to enact legislation that benefit only the elite of the elite."

Is it the "sort of talk for a crazy person accusing one side of ATTEMPTED MASS MURDER"?

It's really quite too close to call.

Back
Top Bottom