Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Man look at all the luxury they get. Sure you wont see the outside world for a while, but man this looks nice.

This is BS. They do not deserve to have this kind of living in Prison.

http://ebaumsworld.com/tags/austrian/
austrian06.jpg

austrian05.jpg

austrian04.jpg

austrian03.jpg

austrian02.jpg

austrain01.jpg

Wow! Infinitely nicer than my dorm and any rental so far, but I guess if their aim is rehabilitation, why not?

who'd want to be rehabilitated if you were living in there? looks like a spa and a whole lot nicer than most people live.

Justin24 said:

This is BS. They do not deserve to have this kind of living in Prison.

What kind of prison is it? Why would we not want to rehabilitate these people? Are we to deny them means to stay fit and healthy?

Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What kind of prison is it? Why would we not want to rehabilitate these people? Are we to deny them means to stay fit and healthy?

Do you really think rehab would work?? Whats the percentage of people that return to prison? The main rehab people in prison always seem to bring up, is Jesus.

Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Justin24 said:

Do you really think rehab would work?? Whats the percentage of people that return to prison?

I don't know about there, but if you're going with the attitude rehab doesn't work then why not all life terms.:|

Now answer the rest of the questions?

Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Justin24 said:

Do you really think rehab would work?? Whats the percentage of people that return to prison? The main rehab people in prison always seem to bring up, is Jesus.

Well, when you look at the fact that a large majority of people in prison will eventually be back out among society one day, how can focusing on rehab be bad?

With most prisons focusing on punishment over rehabilitation, they are sending some really damaged people back out into the community. And by damaged, I mean coming out of prison psychologically worse off then when they went in.

Who would you rather have living in your neighborhood...an angry, bitter parolee with no life skills who feels society doesn't give a shit about him or someone who spent his prison term at least attempting to become a better person and who may actually feel hopeful enough to stay out of trouble?

You can't keep a junkie in prison for life, because it does not warrent him being in prison for life. Those who deserve to be in prison for life (yes I dare say it) murderers, rapists, Child Sexual Predators.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Bono's American Wife said:

Well, when you look at the fact that a large majority of people in prison will eventually be back out among society one day, how can focusing on rehab be bad?

With most prisons focusing on punishment over rehabilitation, they are sending some really damaged people back out into the community. And by damaged, I mean coming out of prison psychologically worse off then when they went in.

Who would you rather have living in your neighborhood...an angry, bitter parolee with no life skills who feels society doesn't give a shit about him or someone who spent his prison term at least attempting to become a better person and who may actually feel hopeful enough to stay out of trouble?

But when some one is sent to prison they come out worse that when they went in. Due to Gang activity or knowing it will be difficult to find a steady job once release and having a record.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Justin24 said:

But when some one is sent to prison they come out worse that when they went in. Due to Gang activity or knowing it will be difficult to find a steady job once release and having a record.

What is this based on? Hollywood movies?

What kind of gangs do they have in Austria?

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of rehab...

Last edited:
While it is nice, it IS still a prison. The main idea of prison is that your choices are limited by your location.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Justin24 said:

Wow. Great job there Justin in painting everyone with the same brush. So you know for a fact that in each and every case the prisoner leaves prison worse than when they entered it?

Then there's no hope for anyone if they're sent to prison—you might as well kill yourself if convicted of a crime!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What is this based on? Hollywood movies?

What kind of gangs do they have in Austria?

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of rehab...

So what Prisons (in the US) dont have MS13, Blood, Crips, Latin Kings, Neo-Nazi's, 18th street gang, Mexican Mafia???? All Hollywood, please.

I am sure they have skin head gangs, communist gangs and other gangs.

What is the percentage rate of a person who succesfully became rehabilitated in Prison?

phillyfan26 said:
While it is nice, it IS still a prison. The main idea of prison is that your choices are limited by your location.

Exactly. Even in the poshest of prisons human nature is such that eventually these prisoners will be yearning for the freedom to move around.

My father worked with a contracting company that employed a lot of rehabilitated criminals. My father, much to his suprise(for he was a lot like you Justin), said these guys were the hardest working, trustworthy, and humble guys he's seen on a construction site in a long time.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

BonoManiac said:

Wow. Great job there Justin in painting everyone with the same brush. So you know for a fact that in each and every case the prisoner leaves prison worse than when they entered it?

Then there's no hope for anyone if they're sent to prison—you might as well kill yourself if convicted of a crime!

I did not say there is no hope, but it's slim. You really think prison is a nice place to be were you have mentors who say, come here buddy how would you like to be rehabilitated in 6 months??? No you have people trying to recruit you to join in a prison gang or others trying to kill you because you might be the weak one they see in a pack of fresh meat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

BonoManiac said:

Communist gangs? :|

I see you are from Montreal, so if you want to see a real prison come over here to CA and visit San Quinten.

:lmao:

I see that you are very good at generalizations Justin. So because we're Canadian does that mean that prisons have to follow the popular Canadian stereotype, i.e. that we're nice and polite?

We have prisons every bit as dangerous as your San Quentin State Prison. But I didn't realize this was a contest to see who has the tougher prisons. :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

Justin24 said:

I see you are from Montreal, so if you want to see a real prison come over here to CA and visit San Quinten.

Now you are getting testy and contradicting yourself.

You can't paint all prisoner and prisons with the same brush, as you have in previous posts, and then give us some shit about "if you want to see a real prison".

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Communists gangs? I missed that before. :lol:

How does that work? Do they have turf wars even if everything is communal property?

Why laugh you dont know and I don't know the criminal underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom