Dosent this make you want to be a Criminal in Austria??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoManiac said:

So if you don't know why are you making assumptions?!:banghead:

Because communism is evil and all evil has prison gangs.

There's also a Dungeon's and Dragon's gang, ACLU gang, and let's not forget the Getalong Gang.

BonoManiac said:

So if you don't know why are you making assumptions?!:banghead:

Why do I make assumptions, only because others believe everyone is good and people assume we can have world peace and that all prisoners can be rehabilitated.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Because communism is evil and all evil has prison gangs.

There's also a Dungeon's and Dragon's gang, ACLU gang, and let's not forget the Getalong Gang.

So I see by this remark that Gangs do not excist in your world.

Justin24 said:

Why do I make assumptions, only because others believe everyone is good and people assume we can have world peace and that all prisoners can be rehabilitated.

I don't see anywhere where someone said that ALL prisoners can be rehabilitated. Some won't for a variety of reasons. But everyome deserves a chance to turn their life around.

Justin24 said:

Oh dear. :|

Let me try to explain ... it's the opposite really. You are saying no one has a chance except maybe a select few, while we think that it happens a lot more (not always). You are the one being extreme here, not us.

Well, I've only lurked in the past so this is the first, and last, time I've gotten involved in a Justin thread. It's very frustrating when, for someone, everything is black and white and there's no room for grey.

Justin24 said:

So I see by this remark that Gangs do not excist in your world.

Again, it's him noting that you are extreme about it. You have inferred that most prisoners are gang members.

Your entire belief seems to be that 99% of prisoners are gang members who cannot possibly rehabilitate their behavior.

BonoManiac said:
Well, I've only lurked in the past so this is the first, and last, time I've gotten involved in a Justin thread. It's very frustrating when, for someone, everything is black and white and there's no room for grey.

You pretend this world is all happy go lucky thats what your problem is.

Justin24 said:

You pretend this world is all happy go lucky thats what your problem is.

Do not, ever, make generalizations on me or my belief system.

My point was that not everything is black and white and it's in those shades of grey where most people could find common ground. Once we accept this, the world will be a better place.

It is probably a minimum security prison for corporate criminals. Nice IKEA furnishings though!

It is slipping me right now...I just can't get my mind around what gang Martha Stewart, Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling were in? Was it the same gang/division that Michael Milken was a member of???

:hmm:

I know I wouldn't want to meet Montgomery Moose in a dark alley.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

and let's not forget the Getalong Gang.

Prisons dismantled their cabooses in 1987 to cut down on Getalong Gang-related violence.

Apparently the pictured prison is this place:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justizzentrum_Leoben

There are a lot of English-language blogs circulating various minimal details about it, but I couldn't quickly find an English-language article on it from a respectable source. That it is a "europäisches Vorzeigeprojekt" sounds(?) to me like it is experimental (and possibly multinational?) somehow, and the fact that it has only 205 prisoners further suggests it's not your typical prison. Perhaps Vincent or someone else fluent in German could glance at that Wikipedia entry or the links at the bottom of it and see if it clarifies what sort of facility this is and how 'representative' of anything it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom