Doonesbury's Trudeau Uses Racial Slur For Nat'l Security Advisor Rice - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #76
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilac

Until this thread I was completely undecided on what to do this election. I don't think any of the candidates are worthy so it makes no difference to me who wins. But thanks to pushy self righteous liberals I have decided that there is no way I can get the best of you in a post, but I can do the worst possible thing I could to you by voting George W. Bush for president!

For goodness sake, please tell me this is a joke. I can't believe anyone would take their right to vote and use it as a tool to "get the best of" people you disagree with on on message board.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:30 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:

Well, I did repost my entire post minus the controversial part in bold letters and said, "here is my post again without the controversial stuff" It was too late to edit. But what I said was completely jumped on and taken the wrong way. What I meant was it was a political move, and if Democrats had been in office this might not be so much of an issue. They are trying to fry Bush and anyone associated with him and you know it.
Reposting and taking out a certain section without explanation did not come off as a move to take anything you said back. And if you honestly believe that if another party was in the White House the American people wouldn't want an investigation into if 3,000 lives could have been saved then I feel sorry for you. I guess if you are a liberal we will only attack you if you have an affiar and if you are a conservative we will attack you when lives were at stake...makes sence.

Quote:

And I will continue to 'lash out at liberals' who lash out at me. You and a few other liberals here are more obnixious, pushy, "I'm-always-right" and self righteous than anyone I've ever seen in the much hated and much dreaded by you 'religious right.'
This is the first time I've ever really responded to anything you've written and only because it was completely ridiculous. You keep trying to twist this into an argument of opinion, that's not what this was about. If this was a matter of political opinion then I would respect your view while still debating it. But what you said was uncalled for. But honestly you won't have to worry about it again, I'll ignore all your future posts if this is how it's going to be.

Quote:

Until this thread I was completely undecided on what to do this election. I don't think any of the candidates are worthy so it makes no difference to me who wins. But thanks to pushy self righteous liberals I have decided that there is no way I can get the best of you in a post, but I can do the worst possible thing I could to you by voting George W. Bush for president!

Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #78
War Child

Local Time: 12:53 PM
Today's Doonsbury comic had Bush, who is drawn only as an empty Roman general's helmet, call Clarke 'Lil Judas'. Will this bring on another spate of ugliness in FYM? Trudeau has commented on the state of American politics for decades with great wit. I for one appreciate his pointed humor. And I don't believe for a minute that his use of 'brown sugar' was meant as a racial slur. There's a reason his comic isn't found in the 'funny pages', it's meant for adults. Let's act them, eh?
Old 04-11-2004, 02:17 AM   #79
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:53 PM
Nice post najeena

I think this topic is done now though. It was a straight forward request to keep it on topic, which it seems very few have done since it was asked.