Don't tell me I have to be the first to compliment Hillary Clinton - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Don't tell me I have to be the first to compliment Hillary Clinton

Really you guys (and gals)...does it have to be me that brings up the fact that although I can't stand Hilllary Clinton, I thought her speech last night was over the top GOOD!!! In fact I thought it was great. I was totally shocked and surprised. I purposely went overboard in my rantings about her during the primaries because I was truly disgusted with her and Bill's behavior and I just couldn't stand the fact millions of people just didn't seem to see it. Although I am anything but a fan I have to admit that she was GREAT last night...much better than her bitter supporters that are so stubborn and pigheaded that even after a speech like that refused to say that they will support the Democratic ticket. After hearing, in shock I may add, the rantings of some of her delegates a new word came to mind - FEMIRACISTS. There is no other explanation that after such a wonderful speech pleading with these supporters NOT to blow it and elect another Republican administration, that these Femiracists still would not give Obama an inch let alone a mile. I state hear and now on FYM that I no longer can blame Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton if John McCain is elected. I will however fully blame these nincompoops who hide behind so called feminisim but are really old white racists.
__________________

__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Go to the Democratic convention thread. There was plenty of discussion on Hillary's speech last night.
__________________

__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,296
Local Time: 06:23 PM
They showed two of these women last night on CNN....of course CNN managed to pick them out for the drama. I think their numbers are insignificant, but hey it brings ratings.

The first one was a very emotional (black - to dispel the racist thing) woman who said she would never ever EVER vote for McCain, but she has to be sold on Obama because she hasn't connected with him so far. She actually spoke pretty well and said that she's always been a democrat and will not in any circumstance vote for the GOP. But she was clearly still upset about the results. I have no doubt she'll vote for Obama in the end, you could just tell that she needed a bit of time.

The other woman was on CNN and I swear she was batshit crazy. Complaining about how Obama has never asked her PERSONALLY for her vote in any of his speeches, then said that she's only seen one Obama speech. She also said that she didn't feel welcome when she walked around Denver with an Obama button and that she's 95% a closed book but she might change her mind if Obama personally requests her vote. She said she didn't really care about Hillary's speech because Hillary can't tell her what to do. Lather, rinse, repeat 100 times. She didn't say she'd vote for McCain, so presumably she'd sit it out.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 11:23 PM
^I saw the first lady, I didn't see the other one. She does sound a little .

I said this in the DNC thread, I'll say it here, Hillary's speech was great, I wouldn't ask any more from her
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The other woman was on CNN and I swear she was batshit crazy. Complaining about how Obama has never asked her PERSONALLY for her vote in any of his speeches, then said that she's only seen one Obama speech. She also said that she didn't feel welcome when she walked around Denver with an Obama button and that she's 95% a closed book but she might change her mind if Obama personally requests her vote. She said she didn't really care about Hillary's speech because Hillary can't tell her what to do. Lather, rinse, repeat 100 times. She didn't say she'd vote for McCain, so presumably she'd sit it out.
I heard a woman say something similar, that Obama had asked for her money, but not her vote.


There is a 'tradition' of the candidate approaching his compeitors supporters and sincerely asking for their support.

Who needs who more in this relationship?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,296
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I heard a woman say something similar, that Obama had asked for her money, but not her vote.
This is really silly...because I get those very same Obama e-mails as she does. And it's 100% untrue that he only asks for money and not for votes. She is just hearing what she wants to hear.

I think nothing short of a gold embossed invitation would please her. You know she didn't have one negative thing to say about Obama at all. She instead railed about leftist bloggers, I'm not kidding.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
...of course CNN managed to pick them out for the drama. I think their numbers are insignificant, but hey it brings ratings.
Nothing like tripping out reliable old archetypes of hags, shrews, crones and witches to make for some juicy television.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:23 PM
that first woman was quite powerful. i saw her too.

it is amazing what a hero HRC is to some.

again, i understand this. i do. i don't feel it, myself, but i know it's out there.

i know what it's like to be part of a marginalized group and to be hungry for role models.

and i understand, fully, to women, particularly older women, like my mother (who told me that she couldn't not vote for a woman in the primaries ... though she's happily for Obama now) who had to put up with sexist idiots throughout their entire working lives.

personally, i have issues with HRC as some sort of feminist icon.

but i can understand the viewpoint of others, particularly after listening to that first woman on CNN.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
Nothing like tripping out reliable old archetypes of hags, shrews, crones and witches to make for some juicy television.


but the "liberal" media is so pro-Obama, they would *never* intentionally go after ratings if it meant some sort of damage to The One.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
but the "liberal" media is so pro-Obama, they would *never* intentionally go after ratings if it meant some sort of damage to The One.
Obama is Neo?!
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I heard a woman say something similar, that Obama had asked for her money, but not her vote.


There is a 'tradition' of the candidate approaching his compeitors supporters and sincerely asking for their support.

Who needs who more in this relationship?
Oh, please. Obama shouldn't have to grovel for Hillary's supporters' votes. He won the election. These people need to cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. If it was the other way around, I wouldn't expect Hillary to get on her knees and plead for my vote. She'd get it because I know she and Obama both share my values, positions on most issues, and similar policy goals. Women like the second one anitram mentioned are the reason feminism gets a bad rap from many people. They're like middle-aged versions of the characters from "Mean Girls"
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
personally, i have issues with HRC as some sort of feminist icon.

but i can understand the viewpoint of others, particularly after listening to that first woman on CNN.
I don't see her as a 'feminist icon' either, but then I'm honestly not sure I can think of anyone whom I wouldn't hesitate to label that way. 'Women' is such a behemoth group, compared to most other historically marginalized groups--there's so much diversity, so much cross-sectioning by other marginalized groups, that it makes meaningful solidarity very difficult. Well I do admire "Feminist Icon X" a lot, but I've always loathed her prudish views on sexuality..."Feminist Icon Y" is pretty amazing too, but some of the things she said about blacks and Jews were really despicable..."Feminist Icon Z," a trailblazer, no doubt, but I've always been uncomfortable with this limelight-hogging diva streak she has, it seems to undercut some of the same messages she sends at other times..., etc. etc. etc. For most, you're never going to find an unproblematic heroine, or anything remotely close to it really. Just those whose experiences and accomplishments you can identify with to a certain degree--sometimes to an extent that inspires strong loyalty, sometimes not.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #13
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 05:23 PM
" They're like middle-aged versions of characters from "Mean Girls"".



And yes I happened to see that black woman interviewed after the Hillary speech. I found it ridiculous that after Hillary gave such a great speech, coupled with the fact that Obama is the first black to get even close to the Whitehouse, that she still wouldn't just get on with it and vote Democratic. She's at the Democratic convention for crying in the soup. What does Obama have to do? Grovel at her feet??
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 07:23 PM
I bet you could find batshit crazy Obama supporters -- perhaps even some at the convention -- too. Sadly (or amusingly, depending on your point of view) there is no shortage of batshit crazy (I love that phrase ) people in this world.


And speaking of Clinton's speech and reactions to it -- I want to know what BonosSaint thinks of it. I like to read her FYM posts because they are always interesting.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 07:23 PM
I was pleased with her speech. She came across as strong and personal and funny and graceful. I got a kick out of the Sisterhood of Travelling Pantsuits line. I assume the other networks carried it. I was watching ABC and they had this kind of sweet shot of her staff (I guess) holding up varying colored pantsuits against the background to see which color would work best. I like the fighter in her. I like that she was unapologetic about her primary run and that she did not cede anything less than universal healthcare to Obama. She is a person capable of building a bond, inspiring incredible loyalty.

In the meeting with her delegates today when she released them, she did not tell them how to vote. She told them they had come too long and too far for her to tell them how to vote but that she would be voting for Obama. It is my understanding that most of them voted for Obama. I said in a post a while ago that Obama can work up a crowd, but that Hillary can work one. She is one of the very few politicians who made me feel they thought a voice is as important as a vote.

For this horrible, shrill witch who was going to bring the party down to further her own selfish ambitions, she gave more to Obama than any male loser ever gave to his candidate. I was not a huge fan of hers before this run. I became one.

And I really liked the SNL sketches. "Bitches get things done."
__________________

__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com