Don't Mess With Senior Citizens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It's unfortunate that the would-be thief died, but he took a risk when he attempted a power play over what he thought would be a defenseless group of targets. The elderly man should not be punished for killing him. Notice that some of the tourists did drive the robber to the Red Cross.

Seniors fight off muggers in Costa Rica

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - A tour group of U.S. senior citizens fought off a group of muggers in Costa Rica, killing one of the assailants, police said Thursday.

The tourists' bus was held up by three men armed with a gun and knife in the Caribbean coastal town of Limon after the group arrived on a cruise ship Wednesday, said Limon police chief Luis Hernandez.

Hernandez said a retired U.S. serviceman whom officials estimated was in his 70s put one of the attackers — aged 20 — in a headlock and broke his clavicle.

After the other two assailants fled, the tourists drove the injured man to the local Red Cross branch where he was declared dead.

Authorities said they did not plan to file charges against the tourists, who left on their cruise ship after the incident. Hernandez declined to give their names or hometowns.

"They were in their right to defend themselves after being held up," he said.

~U2Alabama

I saw that on the news. I can't believe a 70 year old can do that to a 20 year old, but stranger things have happened I guess.

They had a gun to at least one woman's head.

Back
Top Bottom