Dont know who to believe..the liberal FYMers or GW's demonstration of - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2002, 02:47 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:59 PM
Dont know who to believe..the liberal FYMers or GW's demonstration of

racial diversity.

See I always hear ppl either labeling or infering our President as a bigot or racist ..
This is wrong.
Based on the selection of his cabinet and polictical team he has more ppl of color working w him than Clinton had.
Clinton continously patted himself on the back, for this feat saying he wanted his cabinet to represent/mirror the US population, and blah blah ad naueseum..
Clinton had more scandal and corruption in his cabinet..
True story.:

GW has less corruption/scandal in his cabinet/ team.
Anything to show GW as being an inclusionary and a President who chooses to unite ppl is hardly reported in the liberal mass Media.

Perhaps GW is more color-blind more than some of us realize?
He looks at a person character when hiring them as the most important item? ?

Just a thought..
Put that in your pipe and smoke it..

Out-

DB9
:

Old 12-12-2002, 03:01 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:59 PM

*turns on bullshit filter

Hey, what's this empty page doing here?

Old 12-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Did I really believe that GW was a bigot? No. What have I consistently complained about? The way conservatives and the Republican Party repeatedly looked the other way at bigoted comments, like ones from former Sen. Jesse Helms for decades. All I have to say is that these current semblences of outrage toward comments like the one expoused by Sen. Trent Lott have been decades overdue. Now let's see if they are really sincere about "diversity."

And will you please just give it up with Clinton? For God's sake! He's been out of office for two years. Can you say "beating a dead horse"? As for "scandal" and "corruption," we can't seem to investigate any potential scandal (re: Cheney's energy policy papers) because it isn't patriotic anymore.

Melon
Old 12-12-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Trent= a dork.
I never liked him.

He represents the 'old-school' Republican that is leaving the party w the likes of your-
-David Dukes
-Pat Buchcannans.

For the record Strom was a Democrat when he was a Pres. Canidate..strongly espousing his racist views..

Trent is still a fool and an embarrassment to the Republican Party as a whole..

DB9
Old 12-12-2002, 03:15 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:59 PM
I never thought of GW as a racist per se...other republicans though

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Clinton had more scandal and corruption in his cabinet..
True story.:

GW has less corruption/scandal in his cabinet/ team.
Anything to show GW as being an inclusionary and a President who chooses to unite ppl is hardly reported in the liberal mass Media.

Just a thought..
Put that in your pipe and smoke it..

Out-

DB9
:

Not yet. *taps Patriot Bill* I would bet that as the public slowly discovers what that does to American civil liberties, it will be quietly shoved under the rug, not unlike the whole "we're going to declare war and not tell anyone" idea that was being processed this summer until Colin Powell stepped in.

I do agree that the Cabinet should mirror the public, but I don't think it will happen for a looooong time. There aren't enough women first off, it'd have to be dominated by women, 15% of whom would be a "minority."

It'll be a while before any president gets that down.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:16 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

now this is an honest question

Quote:

Trent is still a fool and an embarrassment to the Republican Party as a whole..

DB9
Why don't the Republicans shun him?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:18 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Lilly-
Can youuuuuu say-
Condi Rice
Chrstine Todd Whitman?

there are many more but I forget right now..
No, and Hillary cant join this team.
Sorry.

Diamond
Old 12-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal Re: now this is an honest question

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly

Why don't the Republicans shun him?
They have privately.
I think the mindset is that he will choose to do the right thing and step down.

DB9
Old 12-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
For the record Strom was a Democrat when he was a Pres. Canidate..strongly espousing his racist views..
Allow me to correct you on some history:

1) Strom Thurmond ran under a third party for president in 1948. The Democrat was Harry Truman, the winner of the election.

2) Prior to 1870, the liberal party was the Republican Party and the conservative party was the Democratic Party. However, at this time, for some reason or another, northern conservatives flooded the Republican Party and, angered, northern liberals retreated to the Democratic Party. Southern politicians (remember that this was fresh after the Civil War, and the South was still much like a conquered territory) stayed put in the Democratic Party, as the Republican Party was viewed as a very northern party. During the twentieth century, especially after the Democratic Party started expousing civil rights legislation in the 1960s and with the popularity of Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, the few Southern conservative Democrats have mostly defected to the Republican Party. Hence, I laugh when the Republican Party attempts to parade Abraham Lincoln as one of its own, because he would be considered a "modern" Democrat. The first "modern" Republican president was Ulysses S. Grant.

Melon
Old 12-12-2002, 03:37 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Allow me to correct you on some history:

1) Strom Thurmond ran under a third party for president in 1948. The Democrat was Harry Truman, the winner of the election.

2) Prior to 1870, the liberal party was the Republican Party and the conservative party was the Democratic Party. However, at this time, for some reason or another, northern conservatives flooded the Republican Party and, angered, northern liberals retreated to the Democratic Party. Southern politicians (remember that this was fresh after the Civil War, and the South was still much like a conquered territory) stayed put in the Democratic Party, as the Republican Party was viewed as a very northern party. During the twentieth century, especially after the Democratic Party started expousing civil rights legislation in the 1960s and with the popularity of Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, the few Southern conservative Democrats have mostly defected to the Republican Party. Hence, I laugh when the Republican Party attempts to parade Abraham Lincoln as one of its own, because he would be considered a "modern" Democrat. The first "modern" Republican president was Ulysses S. Grant.

Melon
\
from what I understand, Strom was a Democrat first..then changed to a "Dixiecrat" to run narionally..

Yes and perhaps the northen Liberals favored slavery and the conservatives didnt?

DB9
Old 12-12-2002, 03:46 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
from what I understand, Strom was a Democrat first..then changed to a "Dixiecrat" to run narionally..
Again, reread what I wrote about Southern conservatives and party affiliation. It is not my job to comprehend for you.

Quote:
Yes and perhaps the northen Liberals favored slavery and the conservatives didnt?
Northern liberals of the 1860s expoused the ideas of Abraham Lincoln regarding emancipation and whatnot.

In the 1850s, there was a point where the U.S. could have, legally and nonviolently, controlled both present-day Canada and Mexico, but it broke down in Congress after the South wished to make Mexico slave states (which the North resisted) and the North wanted to make Canada free states (which the South resisted). Hence, due to congressional bickering, we ended up with neither.

Your above statement does not correspond with history.

Melon
Old 12-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Dont know who to believe..the liberal FYMers or GW's demonstration of

Quote:
ppl of color
What is this, the 1960s??
Old 12-12-2002, 03:50 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:59 PM

Hmmm, Im still trying to decide on whether or not a cabinet has to exactly mirror the public in terms of the composition (i.e. 15% Asians in the country, also 15% Asians in the cabinet). Can we assume that every group in the population is equally suitable or even equally interested in being active in politics?

Im going to think of a better way to explain my position (this could come across a plain ol' bigotry ), maybe if I could hear some pros and cons?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:52 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:59 PM
Many Southern Democrats left the party and switched to the Republican party in the 60s and 70s. Strom did it in 64 when the Civil rights bill past I believe.

It is true that Lincoln was a Republican. For many years the GOP was the party more concerned about Civil Rights. In the sixties the Republicans came up with the Southern Strategy i. e. to go after the white vote in the South. The parties have changed positions on Civil Rights. Bush lost 4-5 primaries to McCain. He turned it around by going to Bob Jones University and hugging the racist founder. Bush made no statement opposing their racists policies about their Christian students dating outside of their race.

S. C. was the first primary he won after losing several. He only became President because of this despicable action.

To suggest that the Bush Administration is racially sensitive is a joke.

Ask people of color what they think of the *compassionate conservative*.

We got blacks, look at Condi and Colin.

Old 12-12-2002, 04:08 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Lilly-
Can youuuuuu say-
Condi Rice
Chrstine Todd Whitman?

there are many more but I forget right now..
No, and Hillary cant join this team.
Sorry.

Diamond
Condoleza Rice and Christine Todd Whitman are only 2 among how many?

Right. Just saying that if you're trying to point out that the cabinet is in fact mirroring population now that GW is in office, I disagree.