Don't Ask Don't tell: END IT NOW, Allow Everyone to Serve their Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]Military Readiness Enhancement Act.
On 2 Mar 2005, Rep. Marty Meehan (D-MA) introduced H.R. 1059 of the 109th Congress. This bill is known as the Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2005, and if enacted, will hail the end of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and all discrimination based upon sexual-orientation within the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security [/Q]

If you believe that the homosexual community should be allowed to serve openly in the armed forces, please click on this link. It will bring you to alist of representatives who have signed on in support of this bill.

If you do not see your congressman's name, please, use the links below the list to send a letter to your representative in support of this legislation.

http://www.aver.us/alerts.php

I find it quite disturbing how I can count the number of Republicans on that list on one hand...and still have one finger to go.

What a pathetic excuse for a political party. But hey...they're a "diverse party." They just appoint all the minorities and women to non-crucial administration positions, while the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of Treasury, Secretary of Homeland Security, Supreme Court justices (so Harriet Miers was the most "qualified" woman Bush could find in America, I guess?), Federal Reserve chairman...all remain solidly white male.

With that, perhaps you can see why these dinosaurs can't even imagine being gay friendly.

Melon

melon said:
I find it quite disturbing how I can count the number of Republicans on that list on one hand...and still have one finger to go.

Actually....you may want to only count three of them...

One of the Republicans on the list is gay so he is clearly a disillusioned moderate democrat!:wink:

Dreadsox said:
Actually....you may want to only count three of them...

One of the Republicans on the list is gay so he is clearly a disillusioned moderate democrat!:wink:

Maybe a RINO - 'Republican In Name Only':wink:

Back
Top Bottom