Dog Fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:
i'm just glad they've stopped mentioning Virginia Tech whenever any of the Vicks get into trouble with the law. The Vick-Tech Drinking game was gettin us hammered!!!

Now Newport News is in the news instead since that's where he's from :angry:

Ah, good ol' Bad Newz, I :heart: it.

Seriously though...anyone who takes pleasure out of these dogfights would probably also take pleasure out of gladiator fights...so barbaric.

I'll resist the urge to go on a long rant about the horrors of dogfighting..

You just really have to be worried that people that enjoy this stuff live amomg us :|

Being an animal lover, it sickens me. But, as mentioned above. What is really scary. Is there are people who find this as entertaining.

I think it is absolutley horrible that someone can possibly consider it something akin to a "hobby". I have no forgiveness for anyone horrible enough to participate in this. The thought of dogfighting seriously brings tears to my eyes.

Sidenote: Anyone ever needing to find a proper home for a pet or unexpected litter of kittens or whatever...Do NOT put "free to a good home" in your classified ads--these dirtbags looks for ads like this so they can get "practice bait"...furthering these horrible activities.

starsgoblue said:
I think it is absolutley horrible that someone can possibly consider it something akin to a "hobby". I have no forgiveness for anyone horrible enough to participate in this. The thought of dogfighting seriously brings tears to my eyes.

Sidenote: Anyone ever needing to find a proper home for a pet or unexpected litter of kittens or whatever...Do NOT put "free to a good home" in your classified ads--these dirtbags looks for ads like this so they can get "practice bait"...furthering these horrible activities.

Exactly.

This makes me ill.

Is this the same Michael Vick who either posted here a few years back in his (supposed) college days or the one who someone actually bothered impersonating during the said college days? Quick Vick - either the username of this Michael Vick, or the screen name of the member here? I keep thinking our bvs was one who actually brought this up in public once... The person posting here was rather offensive in many ways.

I've been googling the story and it sounds repulsive.

People will always be doing such things...Hare coursing still happens a lot round here, fox hunting was only banned a few years ago, dog fighting I believe occurs in Belfast quite a bit.

What bothers me the most about the whole issue is that there are people out there who:

1 - Don't care and feel he is being given a "raw deal" and he should be allowed to just play football :huh:

2 - There are some who are trying to make this a race issue because he's black. :| C'mon people, it's about torturing and killing animals here, it has nothing to with the color of his skin...

Idiots.

Dog fighting is much more prevalent than people realize, there is info available on the HSUS web site. Vick is just a high profile case-but anyone who would do such things to animals/know it was going on and do nothing and support such things financially needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Torturing and killing animals in such a heinous way is not a sport. Many serial killers started out by torturing and killing animals when they were kids. At least people can attempt to defend themselves, animals are defenseless. Especially when tied to a "rape rack", for example.

And I think it's pathetic to inject race into this, my feelings about him have nothing whatsoever to do with his race. I will wait until all the facts come out in court or wherever, but yes I did sign the HSUS petitions to the NFL and Nike and I am proud to say that I did.

Yeah, unfortunately, you're going to get those people who cry foul every time a Black person gets his or her hand slapped for screwing up. It's pitiful, but there it is. Some Black people believe they should never, ever, EVER get in trouble because 'We are an oppressed people! It's not our fault!'. I have to roll my eyes and sigh, as a Black person, and go, "But when do we grow up and take responsibility for ourselves? Yes, life is tough because of our skin color - the KKK and its ilk is still out there - but why make it worse by deliberately hanging on to ignorance?' But then, I'm a strange duck by all accounts. Don't mind me.

starsgoblue said:

Same with a lot of dogs that are stolen. They're used as bait. Same with a lot of the pit bulls themselves that don't end up "tough enough" :|

If what he says in court is true, which he said only his brother did it, he should still definently be going to jail, no doubt about it, because he still knew it was going on and did absolutely nothing about it.

No way hes going to get out of this and if he does this will be a huge problem around the world...

Well if he does get about it, lets just hope that he doesnt write a book about it:|

tpsreports2424 said:

No way hes going to get out of this and if he does this will be a huge problem around the world...

It's sad, but no.
And probably he will only have to pay a fine if it turns out he isn't involved in itbesides of knowing. I don't know if there would even be a jail sentence in a kiss of illegal dog fighting, maybe someone can clear that up?

I believe the penalty is up to 6 years of imprisonment.

Vick is allegedly in negotiations for a plea bargain today, so he will never serve any time. The others were all getting pleas in exchange for giving the information about his involvement.

Angela Harlem said:
Is this the same Michael Vick who either posted here a few years back in his (supposed) college days or the one who someone actually bothered impersonating during the said college days? Quick Vick - either the username of this Michael Vick, or the screen name of the member here? I keep thinking our bvs was one who actually brought this up in public once... The person posting here was rather offensive in many ways.

I've been googling the story and it sounds repulsive.

Woah, nice memory, Angie. I remember Quick Vick being quite the... conservative.

Based on the IPs that member posted from, I doubt it could possibly be the same person. Michael Vick isn't a particularly unusual name.

Back
Top Bottom