Does your work support your lifestyle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
I'm curious to know if the company that you work for, recognizes your partner?
Mine does. I believe that this is great.

My husband worked for a major gaming company and they supported partners. Of course we live in the Bay Area.

My org recognizes partners, including same sex relationships (although there are none in our office, they would be recognized and would be eligible for benefits if there were).

speedracer said:
What if my life partner is an Xbox?

then you've got bigger problems than whether or not your job provides them with health benefits.

i'm a single woman with a shoe addiction. my employer supports my lifestyle, but not nearly as much as i would like.

:wink:

but seriously, i work for the canadian federal government, which absolutely recognizes common law and same sex relationships in terms of benefits.

:up:

The reason I posted this question, is because I honestly can not understand how some people can be so..................(Long pause to try to come out with the right word....) stupid.

I don't think my company does. Then again, it is the US government (under Peace Corps) and they're not exactly known for their forward-thinking progressiveness. :huh:

My company supports my no-dating-at-all lifestyle. But then again, I am self-employed...

That boss of mine, he's such a free thinker...

I'm not really sure...I work for a college under work-study so I'm not paid a salary and not elligible for benefits (though I work 40+ hrs). I suppose I could ask....

I have no idea. I'm single so I never really looked into family or dependent benefits (as they have to co-pay more than me).

dizzy said:
Aww, Sicy, tell me that's not true. :(

I work in a very small law firm, there is just two of us so we really dont get benefits. They give me $34 a month towards my premium, but my payments are $170 so its really not much. There are a lot of other perks at my job though, and I love my boss she is the best person in the world so I'm happy to be working there.

Sicy said:

I work in a very small law firm, there is just two of us so we really dont get benefits. They give me $34 a month towards my premium, but my payments are $170 so its really not much. There are a lot of other perks at my job though, and I love my boss she is the best person in the world so I'm happy to be working there.

Sicy, I have very good insurance coverage (which includes vision, as well as health) through National Association For the Self Employed for around $125 a month. I'm self-employed, but I don't think you have to be to get insurance through them.

The website is

www.nase.org

melon said:

Thanks for the link. :up:

Melon

You're welcome. You have to have a membership to NASE, but that's only $8 for the basic membership.

Sicy said:

There are a lot of other perks at my job though, and I love my boss she is the best person in the world so I'm happy to be working there.

Oh okay, that's good to know. :)

We get off at noon every Friday, and we get one free day off per month which she usually puts with holidays or 3 day weekends so its like I get mini vacations all the time. Not to mention I work about 4 blocks away from home, and my boss is like a second mom to me. Always there when I have problems and always offering advice.. she's awesome. I can also sit on the internet all day.. :drool:

RedrocksU2 said:
I'm curious to know if the company that you work for, recognizes your partner?
Mine does. I believe that this is great.

My company does as well.

Many national corporations provide a system for adding your partner to the benefits plan.

.....it's only a matter of time before this question is ever asked again.
...and then we will look at this period in time as we now see the 60's....

Back
Top Bottom