Does God Want YOU To Be a Success?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Does God Want YOU To Be a Success?

When God wants something done, He always gives it to ONE PERSON to do—a Moses, a Peter, a Paul, a David, a Gideon, a Mary. Had you noticed?

One person, committed to a goal, is all God needs to change the world.

He’s done it many times. And if history turns many more pages, He’ll surely do it again. At the very least, you and God together can change your world.

You must already believe that:

* The Bible is more than humanity’s oldest book of living wisdom—though it is at least that.
* Life has meaning and purpose.
* Your life has a special purpose, even if that purpose and a plan to achieve it are not yet clear to you.

It astonishes many that Jesus spoke more about wise use of our possessions (our wealth) than any other subject. Riches are extensions of whatever we make of ourselves. Wealth is extra power to use for good or evil.

All babies are born poor. But, five percent of them, in free societies, grow up to be richer than the rest.

This widely ignored fact gives extra hope for success to anyone with a clear goal in life.

Biblical secrets will enable you to become a member of the five- percent of people who rise to the top and succeed.

—GOAL-PICTURING—

Keep the image of my coming success before myself and God, seeing it now as a present reality to act upon in faith.

In frequent prayer, visualize yourself as a success, enjoying the substance of things hoped for and reaping the rewards of your work. Do NOT, as many mistakenly do, picture yourself doing the work itself. Focus on the end, not the process. See the result, not the routine, or you may discourage yourself by making the effort seem tiresome.

—GOAL-STRIVING—

As I work at achieving my goals, I shall stay alert for new opportunities disguised as problems.

You may wish to pray for a bigger vision of success, as your goals get tempered with experience and you discover new opportunities. Refer always to your Major Life Purpose. Not every idea is one you should invest in. Use old goals as stepping stones to new ones. Most successful people upgrade goals as they go along, once they find out how many new, unexpected opportunities now open up for them.

—GOAL REACHED—

I must have further plans when I reach my success goal, so I don’t get bored and undo all my hard work and God’s blessing by aimless living.

When humans get bored they do dumb things like messing up their lives, undoing the works that made them prosper and forgetting God. Then they have to start all over again. To avoid this risk, keep growing, keep adding new goals as old ones are realized, keep trying to be a blessing to others.

People wrongly link success with excess and convince themselves success is bad.

So, many good people shy from success.

Yet at one time, Americans freely pursued personal success (requesting God’s help first), and triggered the prosperity that made our nation what it is.

not only has corporate America taken over our democracy, but religion as well.

the devout, it seems, can be bought off just as easily as the rest of us.

Then God clearly wants other people to be poor.

Which clearly means I don't have to deal with them.

Which is interesting, considering the amount of time Jesus spent with the poor.

The whole "health and wealth" gospel thing rubs me the wrong way.

I was in Cairo a few years ago, working with urban poor, and the team I was with started referring to it as the dust and rust gospel...because everything goes away in the end...what remains is what you give away.

Well, I do agree that there's nothing wrong with being rich, though I have a problem with those who let millions sit in their bank account while millions starve!!

I don't know.....after Katrina hit and there was all the suffering, a cable news program asked a believer if there was a God...why all the suffering and the answer to about six related questions all the man could say is that God loves us.

:huh:

Carek1230 said:
Who/What is God?

WHY DID YOU ASK THIS QUESTION!!!!!!

THIS IS FYM!!!!!!!! DONT YOU REALIZE WHAT COULD COME OF THIS!!!!!???!@!? ( :wink: --> :madspit: --> :madspit: --> :lock: :lock: ) WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!?!?!?@!!@$

FOR THE LOVE OF........:huh:

(by the way....i dont believe in God. It's too illogical of a concept and goes against all logical and scientific knowledge amassed in the history of humanity.....but we should keep this thread strictly to the subject otherwise there could be some heated arguments)

Where did you dig this up deep? What a piece of BS.

God does not want us to be a success. And he doesn´t want us to be not a success. Spiritually, every manifestation of life and love is a success.

It is society that trains us to be successful.

Back
Top Bottom