Does anyone know about home pregnancy kits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
More specifically how accurate they are?
And no, this is not for me. One of my friends was over today, and she is having a really tough time falling. Prob for her right now is she thinks she may be preggars. She is 5 days late, and has a few other symtoms. She did one of those tests and it came back negative. She is going to the Dr, but its been a 4 day public holiday here so her usual Dr is away at the moment.

Anyway, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

I used to work in a pharmacy and all the tests we sold were 90%+ accurate, or at least that's what they claimed to be.
Sometimes if someone's taking the test when they're only a few days late, they can get a negative result even if they are pregnant. I don't know if this is the same where you live, but here you can get a pregnancy test at a pharmacy (as in they carry it out there) and those tests are more accurate than the ones you can buy to use at home. So if she's still worried and can't get to a doctor then maybe that's something she can consider.
Hope your friend will be okay
smile.gif

ehh but seriously, angela, i'd tell your friend to either go to her doctor as soon as she can, or wait a little bit longer before taking another home pregnancy test. the ones at home aren't as accurate as the ones at the doctors and, like fizz said, could be giving the wrong answer.

regardless, wish her luck for me.
biggrin.gif

If you get a home pregnancy test buy the ones that come with two in the pack... take the test one time, and then wait a few weeks and take it again to be sure. The ones I've seen claim to be %99.9 accurate. They could give you a wrong answer if you test too early because there may not be enough of the pregnancy hormone to pick it up. The thing is, if it comes back positive, then you know that chances are you're pregnant. Atleast you can get rid of the doubt.

Let us know what happens
smile.gif

Thanks guys for all your info. It seems she was too eager this time round. She will just have to keep on trying. I searched for stuff for her last night as she doesn't have the internet, and could not believe how much information there was. (it all pretty much summed up what you guys said anyway)

oh, and Johnny, keep at it! You'll get a bun in your oven one day matie, have faith!

Back
Top Bottom