Do you only post in FYM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you only post in FYM?

• Yes, and if I think it's any of your business, I'll explain why in my reply.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, I post elsewhere in the forum, too.

Votes: 33 94.3%

• Total voters
Sometimes it feels like I only post in FYM. But I post in a lot of other forums, too--Just the Bang..., IAMJ, ZC, We Don't Know..., and of course PLEBA. :)

I have my phases. SOmetimes there will be a thread in here that I'm really active in so I spend most of my time there. Other times I'm not really into the discussions so I'll go elsewhere.

sometimes this forum scares me so i stick with other forums.

I like FYM and a few other forums. While FYM can break into a flame war at any moment, by and large the discussions are intelligent and civil. It is a great place to refine communication skills and develop positions on issues, especially when you see multiple opposing views.

Some forums are too ?chat-roomish? for me. I'd be stealing time from my wife and kids if I participated in all the forums.

No, I post in another two or three as well........I have noticed a wee handful of pple who stick to here only...........

;)

anyway I put down what I put down, and I dont care if there isnt even one response to it.................at least I get it out of my system.....

however........too many diff opinions and grasping the idea the wrong way makes for too much feuding in here......

misunderstanding....possibly of each others language interpretation....

:shrug:

the only thing that scares me a tad is here is the political talk that goes on....how one person can come up with so much history (even if its stolen from books) and know where and how they should be in that post...........I feel absolutely dumb next to pple like that! Ud tink they were born made of history!

:eeklaugh:

Last edited:
i like reading the political posts in here, but when someone goes and posts something that looks like its gonna take 23 hours to read, then i skip it. hurts my brain!;) i feel like an idiot if i can't finish reading all of that political stuff that people post on there, so um, yeah. this place scares m sometimes.

*edited for spelling

Last edited:
I dont think the people who post in here are smarter than those of other forums. The topics are just different. People can seem to be so many things in here, I honestly believe there are only problems when people are so loud in showing how right they are, they drown out the return argument or end up just not listening. It is such a shame that more people dont feel comfortable for whatever reason to post in here.

I post other places too...but I'm wary of this place.

Angela makes a good point, however, I think some of the people in here do think they are somehow smarter than others. Granted academically, I'm average, but there is more to the world then how many facts you can cram into your brain.

I think I'm wary of this place because it's called "Free Your Mind," but sometimes there is no "Freeing" taking place. I personally enjoy reading the different viewpoints expressed, it allows me to be more tolerant of others' views. The problem comes in when people are so stubborn that they are right that they refuse to even acknowledge that someone has a different opinion.

Opinions are like Assholes, everyone's got one :wink:

Angela Harlem said:
I dont think the people who post in here are smarter than those of other forums. The topics are just different. People can seem to be so many things in here, I honestly believe there are only problems when people are so loud in showing how right they are, they drown out the return argument or end up just not listening. It is such a shame that more people dont feel comfortable for whatever reason to post in here.

:up::up::up::up::up:

ur so right Angie.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom