Do you know anyone who voted for Nader?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I think that's one of the stragest things...

Is something that always happen

A lot of people voted for him.. but for some reason you never get to meet one...

OR... the other option is... like a Spencer Tunick nude photo shot... everybody know someone who went

that... :|

PS: Great elections... it doesn't matter who won or will win... you had us at the edge of our seats... (at least they were better than our voting for Mayor on sunday here...)

Yes, the head of our local peace group voted Nader. I haven't talked to him yet but I'm assuming he's at peace with his vote, since there's no way in hell Kerry could have carried this state. I did not think a vote for Nader was a wasted vote. His position on Iraq was more consistent with their beliefs than Kerry's was. There's nothing wrong with that. It's an honest opinion, and every honest opinion counts.

verte76 said:
It's an honest opinion, and every honest opinion counts.

there was no way his vote was going to be important..

if he didnt like both bush or kerry..he or she can chose the lesser evil and make his or her vote count...instead of voting for someone he really likes...but he knows wont make a difference AT ALL

In Ohio--there were several people on the ballot for President that I've never even heard of but Nader was denied entry into the race in Ohio. I don't understand that one. While I'm not very educated on the topic--isn't a certain number of signatures required to be on a ballot for a state? How could those other guys get enough signatures and the most popular third party candidate not?

I do not know why Nader wasn't on the Ohio ballot. Some technicality no doubt. He was on the ballot here in Alabama.

Last edited:
i voted for him, and that wasted vote issue is a bunch of crap! living in colorado, if i'd have voted for kerry (and i would have voted for bush first), then my vote would have been "wasted" as well since he didn't carry my state. and, i feel it is dumb to vote for who you think is going to win, instead, your vote should go to who you think is the best man for the job.

drivemytrabant said:
In Ohio--there were several people on the ballot for President that I've never even heard of but Nader was denied entry into the race in Ohio. I don't understand that one. While I'm not very educated on the topic--isn't a certain number of signatures required to be on a ballot for a state? How could those other guys get enough signatures and the most popular third party candidate not?

because the democrats worked their asses off to keep him off the ballot in swing states. this was to avoid something like florida again they said. which is a total bunch of crap, and represents what nader calls "the two-party dictatorship"

drivemytrabant said:
Lets be clear here. NO ONE HAS WASTED THEIR VOTE UNLESS THEY CHOSE NOT TO VOTE. I get so sick of people saying that.

I would argue that if they chose not to vote after long, careful, sincere thought and investigation, then that is a vote, too.

If they didn't vote because they couldn't be bothered or had a 'who cares' or 'why bother' attidude, then indeed it was wasted.

I voted for Nader in 2000 but during the last year I thought he seemed kind of…I don’t know, whacked out or something. But no, I don’t know anyone who voted for him this time.

Back
Top Bottom