Do we have any Heroes here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
This topic has probably been posted before(what subject hasnt?), but I'd just really like to know:
Have you ever directly - or even indirectly - saved a life? It doesnt have to be dramatic, just....more involved than sending a donation to some charity,lol.
Oh, and saving the life of an animal counts too, of course!
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-16-2002).]

This is a good thread, but I though you were going to say something about that Enrique Iglesias song...

"I Can Be Your Hero, Baby!"

~U2Alabama

i used to work at a private golf course in the back shop where the the members clubs are stored.
one day a group of guys from one of our sister courses somewhere in western new york came to play a tourney against some of our members.
well i was out in our parking lot helping one of their members get something from their bus when this guy appears to start having a heart attack. i got on the two way with the pro shop knowing that there was one of our member doctors nearby and he advised me it was fine for me to hoist the guy onto the golf cart(i know this sounds silly and obvious but at the time i was freakin' and wasn't sure and besides the whole exchange only took 5 seconds) while i got him back and about a minute later the ambulance arrived and they weren't certain for the whole day but finally we got confirmation that he was gonna be alright.
by that time of course i was on the course playin' and my boss(the head pro) drove out to find me, brought me a beer and a couple of hundred dollars that the guy's teammates left behind for me(sounds silly but it was an earlier joke)
the team was back a few months later and i got to meet the dude. that was kinda cool.
i know i in no way saved his life as even when he left the course in the care of paramedics there was a general consensus he wasn't gonna make it, but i got him back there and like to think i helped out(as if anybody couldn't have done that!).

------------------
one cannot be betrayed if one has no people.

Back
Top Bottom