Do we have any Heroes here? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 01-16-2002, 09:38 PM   #1
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Do we have any Heroes here?

This topic has probably been posted before(what subject hasnt?), but I'd just really like to know:
Have you ever directly - or even indirectly - saved a life? It doesnt have to be dramatic, just....more involved than sending a donation to some charity,lol.
Oh, and saving the life of an animal counts too, of course!

Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-16-2002).]

Old 01-16-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:28 AM
This is a good thread, but I though you were going to say something about that Enrique Iglesias song...

"I Can Be Your Hero, Baby!"

Old 01-16-2002, 10:50 PM   #3
The Fly
Local Time: 02:28 AM
*whips out golden lasso*

Old 01-16-2002, 11:19 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:28 AM
i used to work at a private golf course in the back shop where the the members clubs are stored.
one day a group of guys from one of our sister courses somewhere in western new york came to play a tourney against some of our members.
well i was out in our parking lot helping one of their members get something from their bus when this guy appears to start having a heart attack. i got on the two way with the pro shop knowing that there was one of our member doctors nearby and he advised me it was fine for me to hoist the guy onto the golf cart(i know this sounds silly and obvious but at the time i was freakin' and wasn't sure and besides the whole exchange only took 5 seconds) while i got him back and about a minute later the ambulance arrived and they weren't certain for the whole day but finally we got confirmation that he was gonna be alright.
by that time of course i was on the course playin' and my boss(the head pro) drove out to find me, brought me a beer and a couple of hundred dollars that the guy's teammates left behind for me(sounds silly but it was an earlier joke)
the team was back a few months later and i got to meet the dude. that was kinda cool.
i know i in no way saved his life as even when he left the course in the care of paramedics there was a general consensus he wasn't gonna make it, but i got him back there and like to think i helped out(as if anybody couldn't have done that!).

one cannot be betrayed if one has no people.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:28 AM

That is a great story and I think that you did indeed help save his life.