Do Freemasons or any other secretive Group controll society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Besides religion. Do Free Masons have power over the lives of people in there countries or people of the world?

If the Freemasons have control here, it is with great stealth. My dad, years ago, got given this white clay pipe (which I promptly broke, much to his bemusement) from them, and they wanted to welcome him because of his (then) position with the Australian Stock Exchange. He politely declined and told us they were a bunch of geriatric old farts who sat around the masonic hall getting pissed and playing grand one-upmanship with one another. Something he much preferred to do with his mates at the golf club but without the hooplah.
Anyway, that is irrelevant, but perhaps it has shaped my indifferent view of them; that they are a rather specific waste of time and no threat to anyone but themselves. I know a few famous and infamous people are reported to be Freemasons, such as Jack the Ripper and old Leo, but whether that is important is rather irrelevant, in my obnoxious opinion.

:shrug:

Justin24 said:
Besides religion. Do Free Masons have power over the lives of people in there countries or people of the world?

No. I don't buy into secret conspiracy theories. Everything I've ever seen about human nature tells me that people aren't smooth enough or able to to keep their mouths shut to every manage in any serious "masterminded" conspiracies.

Re: Re: Do Freemasons or any other secretive Group controll society

maycocksean said:

No. I don't buy into secret conspiracy theories. Everything I've ever seen about human nature tells me that people aren't smooth enough or able to to keep their mouths shut to every manage in any serious "masterminded" conspiracies.

Classic quote! lol! I totally agree!

silly straights.

it's the Velvet Mafia that controlls everything. Elton John and David Geffen make the world turn, and fabulously at that.

Justin24 said:

Are you asking if there are specific groups that control society, or bodies of thought that “control” society? The idea that certain groups control society is continually dispelled (i.e., financial systems “controlled” by Jewish people), the claims is more often tossed out as a short hand method of demonizing a particular group (whether it be by race, religion, political affiliation, “big business”, etc.).

And with the comment of “besides religion”, are you suggesting that religion controls society, religious belief, organized religion, a specific denomination, certain religious leaders, secret religious societies……..?

nbcrusader said:

Are you asking if there are specific groups that control society, or bodies of thought that “control” society? The idea that certain groups control society is continually dispelled (i.e., financial systems “controlled” by Jewish people), the claims is more often tossed out as a short hand method of demonizing a particular group (whether it be by race, religion, political affiliation, “big business”, etc.).

And with the comment of “besides religion”, are you suggesting that religion controls society, religious belief, organized religion, a specific denomination, certain religious leaders, secret religious societies……..?
I would have to say that religion does play a major role in controlling society. Look at how Catholics listen to the pope and muslims listen to imams and the quaran.

Justin24 said:

Nah, it's the Stonecutters.

To address the original question, no.

These days the freemasons are a dying breed. It's mostly old white men, not many younger ones. Without younger members continuing their tradition and joining their numbers and power are rapidly dwindling.

Justin24 said:
I would have to say that religion does play a major role in controlling society. Look at how Catholics listen to the pope and muslims listen to imams and the quaran.

You are speaking of things that influence society, not control society. The body of beliefs that influence society is far larger than religion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom